Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Hosta Journal column mentions Hosta Forum

User
10 years ago

Okay, it is the column by Warren I. Pollock in The Hosta Journal issue (vol.44 #2) which arrived today. The mention is made of a discussion we had about H. 'Allan P. McConnell' being marketed by Centerton Nursery in New Jersey as IRISH DIAMONDS.

Of course, there is much more in the article, including the proper use of punctuation and caps and such when giving the proper name of various hosta. Quite informative, and also it gives the professional's take on the various points made in our remarks in that thread. I for one cannot find again that particular discussion, but someone else may know exactly how to search it. Go ahead and give us a link to it, and then check out the whole article here by Mr. Pollock.

That's not the only topic in this column, which goes on to discuss Jim Hartmann's H. 'Derriere' and the naming of it, why it was allowed to be registered with that name, and the fact that Double D Cup (Stuart Asch's hosta now sold by Naylor Creek Boyz) was not issued a registration. And I am such a fortunate person because I WON Jim's Derriere....um, don't take that literally....in an auction earlier this year. It is a real cutie-pie, still holding up nicely.

I know I'm not the only hostaphile out here, preaching as I am to the choir, so I encourage you to open your Journal issue as soon as it arrives.

Plus, this is renewal time if your address label shows "13" after your name. No reminders will be sent beyond this little note included in the shrink wrapping for your issue. And believe me, this is a fantastic issue to read.

Guess which hosta THIS one is.....

Comments (5)