Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Benedict Medal AOM 2010 - #4 Lemon Lime

Posted by steve_mass 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 6:50

The #3 AOM in 2010 was First Frost, which of course was also a HOTY. Next is Lemon Lime. This is one I don't own, but probably should. It's listed in many places as a mini, but at a reported 12" high and 36" wide it's more of a small Hosta. A chartreuse plant that turns more yellow at the edges, Lemon Lime has dark purple striped flowers and is said to be very vigorous, sometimes with three new flushes of growth in a growing season. The picture below is from the Library.

Who grows it?

Steve

Lemon Lime (Savory 1988)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Benedict Medal AOM 2010 - #4 Lemon Lime

These were bought two years ago and have been divided a few times.

o

'Lemon Lime' hasn't been on my radar, but the pics in the library are charming. I have 'Twist of Lime' which is an offspring, and seems quite similar.
Jan

Here's 'Twist of Lime'

H.'Twist of Lime'

o

I picked one up as a NOID in 2007 and have divided it numerous times. It's a great grower, though I find it a bit of a slug magnet. Here's one of mine a 3-gallon container this past June.

Hosta 'Lemon Lime'

Pieter

o

I have two Lemon Limes growing under the electric meters in hot afternoon sun. They hardly get any water and still seem to thrive!

Gesila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here