Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Benedict Medal AOM 2011 - #2 Silver Bay

Posted by steve_mass 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 7:13

Here's a great Hosta that won't be a HOTY for many years to come, if at all. Silver Bay is a Don Dean introduction, and you may have heard that Don's blues are considered outstanding. Silver Bay is one of his best.

Here is mine, a two year old plant. Picture taken in June.
Silver Bay

A medium sized blue plant with excellent texture and rugosity in the leaves, Silver Bay is one of the bluest plants in the garden. It's been registered since 1999 and it's available at reasonable prices at Hallson, Naylor and Made in the Shade. I'm curious as to how many forum members grow it.

Here's one from a 2011 convention garden.
Silver Bay Pictures, Images and Photos

Show em if you got em.

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Benedict Medal AOM 2011 - #2 Silver Bay

Mine is also 2nd year but much smaller than yours Steve. I love the color.

SILVER Bay ~1

o

I don't have it yet, but it's on the want list for 2013. I saw one in a friend's garden and was very impressed with it.

o

More than likely, it was Steve's Silver Bay which sold me. I liked the look of it, and hope it pairs well with Clear Fork River Valley, Blue Angel, Elegans, and Van Wade Blue, my other vigorous blues.

o

I just got Silver Bay late this season. Love it. Frost this week just turned it into a squishy mess but I look forward to that beautiful blue next season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here