Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll show you mine if you show me yours!-Whirlwind

Posted by gogirlterri 5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 7:58

Whirlwind entering its 2nd full summer in Theresa's Angel Garden, Whirlwind in late June 2012, darkening

With the HOY and Benedict list being so wonderful and successful: time for a list of none listed prettys.
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll show you mine if you show me yours!-Whirlwind

Theresa.

From the AHS website:

2007 Benedict Garden Performance
Honorable Mention Awards

H. Whirlwind (John Kulpa)

...but please don't let this inhibit the erotic thread titling.

Jon

o

Eagerly awaiting some maturity in this little beauty.
Jan

H.'Whirlwind'

o

Early Spring of last year...

Photobucket

About late May of last year...

Photobucket

July of this year...

Photobucket

tj

o

Here is my H.'Whirlwind' in July 11 2012, I have it for 3 years. It gets morning sun and short late afternoon sun only, keeps the variegation all season. This plant was first planted in some afternoon sun and became dark green later in the summer.
Bernd

o

Mine is young but kept the color nice all summer. Picture was from June 2012

o

H. Whirlwind Pictures, Images and Photos

hh

o

I just wonder why mine is so different from the other Whirlwinds. Could it be a NOID? Not long after this photo was taken, ants got hold of the plant and it is now dormant but hopefully will return next year. Of course, my hosta is a new guy.

o

I think it is just it's youth moc. Les planted the one I have shown in Theresa's Angel Garden 3 seasons ago and it shows the slightly twisted characteristic which it appears is the reason for its name. Yours will probably too as it grows up. I should go back to the photo album and show it over the season and how much darker it becomes as the season advances. If I didn't know better I would not have believed it to be the same hosta. It became much darker yet just as gorgeous in variegation.
Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here