Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_on

November show

jan_on zone 5b
11 years ago

Any remaining hostas are looking very very tired, but here, between 'Great Expectations' and 'Lakeside Love Affair' are heucheras 'Paris' and 'Georgia Peach' still looking happy, and blooming no less. A good reason to find space for a few among the hostas!

Jan

{{gwi:879488}}

Comments (9)

• jan_on zone 5b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Going once, going twice.......

• dirtpig
    11 years ago

Very pretty

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Mine were looking as nice as Jan's until we woke to this in the AM hours so now are under a blanket of white wet muck. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.Somewhere is the lake in the white background

• jan_on zone 5b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well - those of us who are accustomed to snow probably aren't too keen to see it on the way, but it really is astonishingly beautiful. Can you imagine how magical it must be to anyone who has never seen snow before?
    Jan

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Yes, snow can start here too any week. I just moved the snow blower to the front of the garage, did annual maintenance on my lawn mower and hid it away in the garage, all I need to do is move our 7 goldfish inside, all hostas have entered their 5+ months sleep, ready for winter!
    Bernd

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Bernd I place a stock trough heater in my pond and leave my goldfish outside for the winter. They don't have to be fed when the temperature dips to 55*F. I was worried about them the first two years but they came through with flying color in the spring and actually looked like they grew

• User
    11 years ago

I kept reading SHOW as SNOW anyway, and love that view, AlmostHooked. I cannot remember exactly when it happened, but the last time we had snow on the ground here in Mobile was Christmas 1997. I was away then, working in the oilfield, and a neighbor sent me a picture of my cottage, MoccasinLanding.
    You'd laugh at the "snow" we got. But it looked pretty.

I remember the time in the late 1970s when it snowed TWO INCHES here in Mobile. They closed down the whole town, sanded the bridges and overpasses, we were all sent home from work early, wrecks everywhere, folks went CRAZY. hehehe

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

almosthooked- We left goldfish outside in the past, no heater, no airation, the 3x7ft pond covered with plywood, old shower curtains and 1 ft of snow, they always survived. The last years my 9 yr old grandson wanted to feed the fish in a 55 gal aquarium while sitting on a couch in the basement. So I will bring them inside in a few weeks. Bernd

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Our SNOW/SHOW is all melted now but now all the wet soggy leaves reappeared again. I was sure I was done until spring. Still loads on the trees yet and I guess they will wait until dry or spring. My daughter thinks we have lost our minds as we are not going to Arizona this year and staying home. Possibly in January we will wish we were where there is no snow and have to do a plan change.I gardened in their winter home last year and planted 12 blue agave. I got my winter gardening hit anyway. Horses are their fun thing and not plants although she does like them . Something she can't kill lol.