Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miketropic

Early Naylor Order

miketropic
9 years ago

Wanted to get in on the early bird discounts so I placed an order yesterday. these are what I picked up.

Hosta Bridal falls
Hosta Blushing blue
Hosta Bluetooth
Hosta Mourning Dove
Hosta Rasberry Sundae

Also picked up arisaema griffithii. Any pics of these from your gardens last year are appreciated

Comments (14)

• in ny zone5
    9 years ago

Hi Mike, you got a good selection. I got a h.'Bridal Falls' last year, is to get big and beautiful, looking forward to it. My mature 'Mourning Dove' is showy, a nice blue.
    Bernd

• zkathy z7a NC
    9 years ago

I've put Frosted Dimples, Alligator Shoes and Mourning Dove in the same bed. Each is beautiful, like a group of pretty sisters. I haven't done the research into families to see if they're related. Mourning Dove is the one in the sun.

Kathy

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

you picked them up ...

or you mean for spring delivery???

ken

• miketropic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

for spring delivery..set for early April

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    9 years ago

The only one I have on your list is Raspberry Sundae, Really nice plant and I was surprised how yellow it was in spring, its a very colourful hosta with great potential . I have not seen a photo of a mature one yet, if anyone has one please post a pic.

Mourning Dove has been on my "to get" list for a while..

Denis

• User
    9 years ago

I have an order for spring delivery from The Boyz as well. Mine should ship around 3/23, I ordered Oct 25th.

Coast To Coast
    Crocodile Socks
    Flemish Design
    Free Jazz streaker
    Pin Stripe Sister streaker
    Snake Eyes (my 2nd, really love it)
    Tickle Me Pink (I had one but keep failing to locate it)....MUST have the sports of Squash Casserole.

And, I placed an order with the Solbergs. Only one fragrant for now,
    Ambrosia fragrant
    Evening Blush
    Infatuation
    Hobby Time (a new yellow gold)

Good to have you show up, Denis. Keep an eye open, the Alphabet begins the day after Christmas, you know.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Hi, Mike!

Good to see you posting again... I have two from your list of very lovely hostas: Bridal Falls and Raspberry Sundae.

The pic of RS shows the intense raspberry colour and as Denis stated, the leaves emerge a pretty yellow colour and turn white thereafter. I got it in 2013 where it had 4 leaves (1 eye/division) to emerge in 2014 with two divisions. This should be a stunning hosta when mature and I have not seen a mature one yet.

Ludi posted a pic of his either last year or this year and it is much prettier and larger than mine.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Here is a Bridal Falls link and a pic of my own. Gorgeous hosta!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bridal Falls hosta link

• miketropic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That RS looks so so wonderful! can't wait on it. I am opening up some new space this season so I have plenty of room to fill up. hoping Bridal falls fattens up fast. I get a real itch to buy plants when I can't go outside so Im sure I will add a few me before spring

9 years ago

This is my Raspberry Sundae during its transition from yellow centres to white, taken 2nd June 14.

Denis

9 years ago

A bit earlier on 15 May 14

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

Great choices!

here's a pic of morning dove in the gardens of Plant Delights.

and here's a pic of my Bluetooth. 2 years old, doing well, had faded some when this picture was taken because it got caught out in the sun too long but still beautiful and one of my favorites for its uniqueness.

• Supermasj
    9 years ago

It makes me very very proud to see that people on the other side of that big Ocean select a Hosta I bred to give it a space in their garden (Blushing Blue).

I hop you enjoy it.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

Wow Tom! What a great looking hosta you have bred. I am sure any of us who were not familiar with this one will be adding it to our wish list. Congrats!