5/11/11

Goodness Gracious
6/25/13

Goodness Gracious
7/3/14

Comments (15)

• mctavish6
    9 years ago

Hi Cowboy. It made me laugh to see the tag. I recognized it as Naylor's immediately. I got Goodness Gracioius in the same year from the boys. This is a wonderful hosta in my opinion too. I love how the increasingly lightening margin screams "look at me" the further on in the year you are. In this picture, taken in September, it demands attention.

• tsbccowboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You may be a hostaholic if ...... you can recognize a nursery by a single tag.

McT, Beautiful photo, as always!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Tsb and Mc T, G O R G E O U S !!!! And I don't have one! (Good contender for Top Gun, ahem) lol

That certainly is an outstanding hosta!

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! ;-)

-Babka

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    9 years ago

I agree that Goodness Gracious is a lovely hosta. I got one in 2012 and loved it so much that I got another this year! Here is a photo of the older one.

• tsbccowboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Josephines67, It could be a top gun but I already picked 'Liberty' for my top gun

Newhostalady - great looking 'Goodness Gracious'!

Any more 'Goodness Gracious' photos out there to enable Don and others?

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Picked up goodness gracious on the ugly duckling rack for a I believe a $1.00 early in the season. This is a photo of when it was first bought. Was half dead, but by the end of the season put out a new flush of leaves Excited to see it grow into some of these awesome examples. It's a beautiful hosta. Shame I forgot to take a photo of it after that flush of leaves. Looked sooo much healthier.

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Same coloring as Luna Moth - another beauty - only with the lovely pie crust edges on its leaf.

DD

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Now someone savvy such as yourself doesn't let the "ugly duckling" phase her at all, where some might overlook it because it wasn't perfect. Just you wait till the spring - but, you already know you got the greatest deal, right?

Maybe you'll post a pic next year. I'll definitely appreciate it and remember it. ðÂÂÂ

Jo

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Here's mine:

Vanessa

• User
    9 years ago

When I was looking for something to pair with Luna Moth, similar sort of coloring with a definite color combo, I chose Goodness Gracious. Then the leaves began that piecrusting, and I changed my mind. It was impossible to find a THIRD hosta to make a trio.

My GG and LM both came from Hallsons in 2012. , but Luna Moth arrived late in September in time to go dormant here.

Sticking with GG for pictures this thread:

and then the 3 I was trying to pair with GG in 2014

It did not have enough sun this year. I must move it to a lot of sunlight except for late day in hot summer.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Thanks for starting the thread, Cowboy. This has the obvious looks of a must-have. Satisfaction is a favorite already, what's not to like about this offspring? Looks like a top notch addition to the new bed I created this Fall : )

Cheers,
    Don B.

• tsbccowboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Don, if Goodness Gracious grows anything like Satisfaction, it will get big in a hurry. Satisfaction was my fastest growing Hosta. When I got my Satisfaction in 2006, it had browned leaves filled with slug holes, it also had roots poking through the bottom of the pot. Here is a photo of Satisfaction in July, 2008.

Goodness Gracious will look great in your new bed!

Satisfaction in 2008

• User
    9 years ago

Aha! Don created a NEW BED THIS FALL. Hmmmm, does that mean LESS LAWN?

He goes about his work so quietly, what finesse, what technique! Room for more hosta in the garden.

Way to go DonB!

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Looks like your GG is growing very fast, Cowboy. And yes, Satisfaction is a beast : )

Hi Mocc...Yes, less lawn, more bed...step by step...bit by bit...

Don B.