o
RE: pics from august

my fav. hosta of the year...Winter Snow

o

really full

o

Wow! Gorgeous as usual. We've missed you this year.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden.

bk

o

Yes you are really full. I'm a big fan of really full. Your garden looks great!

o

I too am a fan of the "abundant garden" style. Thanks for sharing your pictures, beautiful.

Beverly

o

• Posted by stoc none (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 16:32

Love it!

How about some tiers?

o

• Posted by stoc none (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 16:33

I guess they would have to be about 3 stories up.

o

Wow!

o

UK-Hostaman - you really need to move to a bigger property - I feel claustrophobic for you!

o

This is your brain on hosta! I am humbled in the presence of a long and well indulged addiction. If Eden is as bad as it gets I am all in!
Kathy

o

a very lush and romantic garden !

o

UK, you were certainly not dissuaded by the loss of your great topiaries. No crying in your beer for you...great!

Jon

o

Just beautiful! Anyone can crowd a bunch of plants together but you have created truly fine art on a small canvas.

o

Oh yes, you are full! You're plants look so well looked after. They are a joy (for me) to see. Makes me wish there was a video available of your garden that would capture all of your plants close up.

This kind of "full" is the kind I like the looks of!

o

This is a great garden, all these mature plants! And there still is lawn, so you still can have more!

o

WoWee!! Fantastico, it s a beauty overload. I need my emergency inhaler, excuse me...

Don B.

o

OMG Beautiful! Love how you have created different elevations. And I just adore walled gardens...have 'walled garden' envy as I find it so challenging to work with more open spaces.

In the Winter Snow close-up photo...what's the hosta at 11 o'clock in the far back, in front of the greenhouse? The large dark green one with yellow streaks? Love it and don't recall ever seeing that one.

o

Ci lantro has commented on your different elevations. I am wondering how you created those. This year I took a large clay pot (16") and filled it with calibrachoa. I elevated with some leftover bricks. I didn't notice that pill bugs and slugs had invaded. I guess my location was too shaded. I was trying to create some elevation in my garden. So would you share how you do it?

o

Thanks for all the nice comments...not been
a easy year for me,cold late spring then hot summer
and wet fall...but I am glad how it looked overall
I get my elevation using old tree stumps and putting
the pots on them to get the different heights
Ci lantro the hosta I think you mean is Dream
Weaver...a good growing hosta I've had for years

o

Simply BE-YOO-TEE-FULL! LIke a quick trip to the garden of Eden. Apparently you didn't have the powdery mildew problem with the impatiens we had this year. Those in the know did not plant them this year.

o

esther_b...those are New Guinea impatiens,as you
rightly said the normal impatiens get the mildew..these don't and last all
Season...great plants for window boxes

o

Thank you for letting us know about your using tree stumps for height. That would make for a very nice natural looking type of elevation.

Dream Weaver looks like a beauty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here