Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uk_hostaman

Hoosier dome

uk-hostaman
10 years ago

Just gone and bought a hoosier dome!..after seeing
some great pictures of it...love niagra falls so I thought
why not?...this is one of the few I have bought in the uk!!
Anyone want to share a picture of a mature one?.. Uk

Comments (5)

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Where you gonna put it, UK?

Here's mine in year 3.

Steve

This post was edited by steve_mass on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 14:37

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Nice, Steve. Have you found it to be a relatively fast grower?

Don B.

EDIT: Steve, does your 'Hoosier Dome' have branched scapes? Kinda looks like it in your pic.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 23:37

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Don,

I think that's a volunteer fern emerging up through Hoosier Dome. And yes, I've found this to be one of the fastest growers in my garden. I'd like to make a variegated version of it.

Steve

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

Steve,

I imagine a variegated Hoosier Dome to be something like Continental Divide . . . unless you are aiming for a marginal variegation.

Just a thought :)

Ludi

• User
    10 years ago

Hey, UK, thanks for posting something. The kiddies are all gone to bed, and just us night owls are around.

So pleased to see you here, Ludi. When you go into something, you immerse totally...even with hosta.
    And Steve....enjoy the storm headed your way, hope no power out.

And Don, you sent this our way, right? Our rain is about over, and not long ago when I poked my head out the back door, I heard tinkling icy rain. But,.....they said it was to get warmer again.

Sorry, but I thought my garden was headed to a deep sleep earlier this month, then it woke up, and now after several days of cooler weather NEAR freezing, I wonder if those still standing will finally turn in for the duration. It is 45 right now, and the tinkling rain is coming down more quickly. Oh boy. Lots of pots to tip over tomorrow. I thought it was done raining....but not.

Sleep warm....thank my lucky stars for wooly socks. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.