Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating with Hosta pictures

Posted by hostasformez4 4/5 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 13:02

I finally finished decorating our kitchen after having the project started while we were gone on our annual winter vacation. We had a new floor, new windows, new undermounted sink, new counter tops, new fausets, and new dishwasheer installed. When we got back we painted the kitchen a softer sunny yellow. Well, time passed and we weren't able to find a time frame to finish the repainting of the cupboards and trim because of a busy summer. In very late September I took on the final stage and got it finished!!!!

The hosta leaf pictures are from my garden and the garden of cAROL, onemorehosta, a member of the forum and a great hosta friend. All are from this summer. The hosta pictures are mine from this year and the last few years.

Hope you enjoy!

Connie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating with Hosta pictures

• Posted by babka 9 Northern Californi (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 13:36

What a fun hosta kitchen! Is it difficult to keep your mind on cooking?

-Babka

o

Beautiful kitchen and beautiful photos! Congratulations on a fabulous outcome of all the hard work, indoors and out. Thank you for sharing!

o

I agree, nice job! Must be like being out in the garden when you're cooking, I imagine it's especially nice in winter.

o

I LOVE the idea of decorating with hosta art. It gives a chance to enjoy them 24/7.... even when dark outside, dormant, burnt or lacey (slug holes).

I wish I had wall space in my kitchen, but I have one of those "open concept" houses and the kitchen is in the middle of the house. The rest of the house already has artwork.

o

I thank all of you for the nice comments. Our house is 50 years old and a complete remodel was not an option so the bones of the kitchen - eating area were left intact. I have made it my own personal space and I enjoy seeing the hosta pictures everyday. cAROL was kind enough to let me take all kinds of leaf pictures and use them. After blowing up the leaf pictures to 5/7 and 8/10 sizes, names of individual plants are gone from my memory. That's the only bad thing about the pictures. I'll have to have her come over and help me find names for them again.

I really love the look so had to share.

Connie

o

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

o

connie
what a great job on the kitchen
and an awesome idea with the hosta pictures
i just may copy that idea some day but right now it's pugs and kid pictures everywhere
jill

o

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 22:17

Oh dear, Connie!! I NOW remember receiving a 'sneak peek' at these some time ago and
meant to tell you how WONDERFUL your kitchen redo with the touches of hosta turned out!

I can't imagine I'd ever forget to respond to such a clever idea and results that are so very 'kewl'!!!
I love the sunny yellow, too--got a similar color in several areas of our home and it's so warm and
cheery! I love the way the hosta *greens* complement the yellow, too!

One good way to hold on to 'em, even when it's all white outside! ;^)

Great job, Connie!!!

o

Very lovely. What a pleasant kitchen.

o

Being a bit psychic (ha), I foresee the creation of copycat hosta art pictures sprouting up in the homes of many of us-LOL! Really, the kitchen is grand and the pictures are brilliant!

o

I haven't limited hosta pictures to just my kitchen. I have them in my computer room too. I have a set of five pictures from my sister's garden and them another set of three from my garden. I had extras pictures made up and hated to see them just put in a folder so used them.

Connie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here