Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green with yellow borders

Posted by moccasinlanding z9A AL (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 13:26

This came up in the Satisfaction thread, about more "green with large yellow borders" and specifically Goodness Gracious and Seducer were mentioned. Well, you cannot mention Seducer without also mentioning Climax.

Here it looks a bit green in the margin, but it has been yellow gold before
Hosta 'Climax'

Then, Afterglow, which came to me in June after First Look Auction in February:
H. 'Afterglow'

Tokudama Flavocircinalis....new of course, and good substance
H. Tokudama Flavocircinalis

Paradise Sunshine, a fragrant one, not as much substance in the young plant, but it has a pretty shape and nice leaf too
H. 'Paradise Sunshine'

Goodness Gracious
Hosta12Aug144

Seducer
Hosta12July339

I know I have more that have green middles and yellow margins, but today cannot find them. My real high favorites, besides fragrant hosta, are the yellow with green margins. But that's another thread already covered.

Any you have to show, go for it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green with yellow borders

Perhaps Twilight?

Photobucket

tj

o

The always controversial 'Frances Williams'
Jan

H.'Frances Williams'

'Montana Aureomarginata'

H.'montana Aureomarginata'

'Wolverine'

H.'Wolverine' #2

o

Yellow River
Yellow River

Steve

o

IMG_2307

o

Technically Wide Brim is said to have a creamy white border but mine sure looked yellowish to me. Creamy yellow?

o

Found a full shot of that Wide Brim.

o

Love the look of that Wide Brim, Hostanista. Glad i got one. Cannot wait for spring......

o

Those shown are all really nice plants. Here are a few that hold their yellow margin in my garden.

Gemini Moon 7-25-12 (71)

This one is grown in lots of sun. The colors are very intense. I imagine grown in a little less sun it wouldn't bleach out at all.

Summer Lovin 7-25-12 (20)

The yellow margin of Grand Prize is so bright. In sun it turns white but then grows new leaves that are spring yellow. In the shade my plant keeps the yellow all year. This picture was taken in June but it was just about the same color in October.

Grand Prize 6-7-12 (86)

o

Photo of Abba Dabba Do - I hope. The first photo with new photobucket format said I couldn't post it re maybe contained cuss words etc.

Photobucket

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 23:40

Hosta Red Alert:

o

I think this might be F. Aureomarginata, moc.

Photobucket

Les bought it this summer and it is now MINE since I am now the official "pothead" in our B/S relationship.

Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here