Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

winner---top gun hosta

As promised, here is the winner of the search for a Top Gun hosta for 2014.

Comments (4)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So sorry, folks......I have taken longer than a week, I realize but had to research the winner and a few others for availability before deciding, lol

It really is a difficult choice as all submissions are just beautiful, aren't they?

I've compiled the list....the asterisk in front of hosta name indicates I have it.

*Liberty - Dan
    Montana Aureamarginata - Sunnywood
    On Stage-Paula. ***sport of Montana
    Lederhosen- Mctavish
    Dream weaver-Mctavish's sister
    Beauty Substance-McTavish
    *Antioch-Jan
    *Big daddy-Don B
    Golden Gate-HH1
    Stingray-Steve
    *June - Tiddisolo
    Foxfire Palm Sunday - Vanessa
    Wishing Well - Funnthsun
    *Lakeside Shore Master - Phil
    *Great Expectations - NHL

...and the WINNER IS.............

H. 'ON STAGE'. - - - - submitted by Paula!

I looked at many, many pictures and it stayed consistently beautiful in various stages of growth.....reminds me a bit of Paul's Glory (which I do not have). Paula, in my garden it will be known as "On Stage Paula" ...you are in great company with "Guacamole Don", "So Sweet BK"...

FYI--- it took me 3 days to arrive at a decision and some research. I had to review what I already had....did I have anything similar....that sort of thing.

I must say though, I'm still torn over the others! Don't anyone be surprised if sometime during the next growing season I post other new acquisitions....and they are all from this thread....they might just get priority over my want list.

stay tuned..........:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Search for Top gun hosta

This post was edited by josephines67 on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 13:52

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    10 years ago

Thanks Jo for letting us know the winner. On Stage is on my want list too. It is such a lovely hosta. Good choice. The others were certainly beautiful hostas worth considering for anyone's wish list!

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Jo Thank you I feel honored. I cannot wait to show my friends at lunch tomorrow. I hope I have enabled everyone to get an On Stage this spring. I am in great company with bk and Don. Paula

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, NHL! I WANT IT N O W!!! Not wait till spring! I hope you get one too.

I just shovelled the driveway for the first time this season after returning from babysitting....ugh...winter is here :-(. But...good snow blanket for all the hosta out there :-)

Paula, you are quite welcome and I am so glad you responded to the thread along with the others....some heavy contenders there! There is so much I wanted to say, but will save it for next spring...after I pick it up!

Jo