Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LUUK - give us more!

Posted by Hostanista 5B (Ont) (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 17:21

In response to the never-ending thread entitled "Hosta Leaf Close Ups and Such" originally posted by Don_in_Colorado in July, there are now 132 follow-ups, sheesh! Tired of scrolling all the way to the end to see the latest. Yes I know I can do a Crtl+End to hurry to the last page, but I digress. Great, great photos, all. I am particularly inspired by the latest entries from LUUK in Switzerland. I'm guessing that you, LUUK, are a professional photographer, or if you aren't you should be! What beautiful close ups - my favourite: Clear Fork River Valley. Now THAT'S a close up. Tell me you have more please and post them here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LUUK - give us more!

hear, hear, I.E., BEGGING 4 more, even btr than our fave Moc presenter (by way of comliment., Dr. Moc)

a hillbilly hostaholic

o

Hi Hostanista, moccasinlanding and hostahillbilly,
I'm glad you liked the photos, thank you for the compliments, I appreciated, …really !
I'm not a photographer, I am a graphic designer but I always had a passion for all artistic expressions. The nature has always inspired me and I am convinced that at the nature likes to be observed :-)
I do not have more photos of hostas, spring will come again.

Cape Cod

o

El Nino

o

Love Song

o

Moonlight

o

Dragon Warrior

o

Iced Lemon

o

Silver Threads and Gold Needles

o

Iced Lemon

o

Silver Threads and GOLDEN Needles

o

Very nice!

Don B.

o

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

bk

o

thanks Don B. and bk !

...it's almost time to say goodbye to the young May

o

May

o

thanks again for taking thd time to share your talent

o

'It's almost time to say goodbye to the young May' is an astonishing image!
Thanks so much,
Kathy

o

I agree with Kathy---young May is a wonderful image.

My hosta obsession began in 2011. In 2012 Beverly started a thread of Fall Colors. I never ever noticed hosta fall colors before that thread. (Thanks Beverly!) And now you have introduced extreme closeups. All I can say is that it is good that my hostas are just about finished for the season because I'd be outside taking extreme closeups! It seems that one obsession leads to another! (LOL)

o

That shot of the whole plant, it looks like gummy candy to me....Yummmm....Or those confectioners' creations made with shaped, colored sugar.

Don B.

o

thanks again hh ! you're very kind

a ;-) to Kathy

newhostalady ...the obsession is an inexorable attraction

hey Don B. don't be so greedy, keep your hands off my hosta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here