Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hosta Woodland Gardens,hoatas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Garden Pictures

Thank You to hey j for being so friendly and welcoming me here on this forum.. I did get to photo bucket and uploaded several of my hosta woodland garden pics..

I have many more photos but these are the better ones..

I started this hosta garden 6 yrs ago.. It is nestled under old old cedar trees..

It is a favorite spot to go and relax and to also share with others..

I hope you enjoy..

Diane Mumm

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening Resource Blog

o

Diane your garden is gorgeous! I can see why it would be a favorite place to go and relax! Also love the face on the tree.....That is too kewl!

o

Wow Diane, what a wonderful garden! I'm coming over for a visit! Don

o

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 25, 09 at 21:45

Oh, this is great, Diane!! You certainly love hosta and you have a much better start than I, having also
started collecting in 2004! I'm amazed at the numbers you have!!! And, what a lovely setting for them!!

I'm so glad we finally got to see what you have and that you hung in there with us long enough
to get to this point! I hope you hang out with us through the winter and then continue through
the Spring and Summer, etc. and become a regular!

Thank you for going the extra-mile to let us see your collection--pretty awesome, I must say!!!

janice

o

Lovely collection. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

o

Welcome to the forum Diane.

Love to see other hosta gardens. Thanks for posting.

Connie

o

WOW! Beautiful Diane! Thank U for sharing your gardens with us. I am new to collecting hosta's,started this year. It gives me a little idea of what I might be able to accomplish in 6 yrs! Thanks again and welcome,I too am new to the forum. Linda in NJ

o

So happy many of you enjoyed my photos.. I appreciate the comments and compliments.. :) It is fun to share , with like minded gardeners..

You will be seeing more of me I hope.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Gardening Photos

o

A stunningly beautiful setting! I am unfamiliar with growing hosta around cedar. How do the cedar roots grow ? down or out like a maple? Rob

o

Hi Rob, I have much more success under the cedars than with maples.. I had to add dirt around the maple trees for my hostas.. I did not have to do this with my cedar..
Granted my cedars are old , and they only have top growth now.. as far as the roots not a huge problem , once in awhile I run into them ,

but the maple trees roots appear much closer to the surface that is why I added soil . Way too much competition for the hostas..

I am not a tree expert , but do know what has worked here in Iowa..

Diane Mumm

Here is a link that might be useful: More Gardening Photos

o

Welcome, Rob, Diane and Linda. Glad to have you aboard. Beautiful gardens, Diane. It's such a tranquil spot. Lois

o

what an incredible, lush setting you have created! I really like the way you incorporated other perennials into your hosta garden too. Great work and thanks for sharing!

o

Very lovely setting Diane. It feels like the hostas go on forever...

o

Your hosta garden is beautiful. I love how the light filters down through the cedars. Isn't it neat when just one hosta is lit up like it's on stage? Putting the tree limbs down as edging was a great idea. Look forward to more pictures next spring.

o

Thanks everyone, I have started to get into taking numerous photos , of anything I can outdoors.. it is such delight to share . I am glad that all of you enjoy them.. that is rewarding in itself..

take care
Diane Mumm

Here is a link that might be useful: Picket Fence Greenhouse Blog

o

Love the pictures. Thanks
Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here