Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gogirlterri

I'm back-for the time being

gogirlterri
10 years ago

I'm not going to give a lot of boring explanations. Computer problems, mostly. The Illinois tornados came VERY close and I'd lost some roof shingles and siding.

I have a LOT of catching up to do. Here in Wilmington I've had my 3rd drought year in a row. My hosta still seem strong, but faded quickly due to my inability to replace rain with river water.

Moc-check your email.

Theresa Ann

Comments (6)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Hi Theresa, good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Regards,
    Don B.

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

I was missing you - your absence seemed like not seeing friend. Update on brother Les??
    Jan

• User
    10 years ago

Welcome back, Theresa!

It seems that treacherous weather touches someone we know more often than we might think. Glad you are recovering from the tornado spree of the fall. It makes one think how tenuous life can be.

Another point to add about what a small planet we live on in regards to disasters. Last spring I began getting emails from a gardener in the Philippines. She wanted some seed from my star jasmine to grow in her garden. I had plenty of seed, but they were not yet ripe and ready to pick and mail to her.

Then came the typhoon which devastated the Philippines. And while I've emailed her to see how she fared, there has been no reply so far. Let's hope she was not among those who died. Routine services such as Internet access can be knocked out for a long time. I'm hoping that is the extent of it. For those who have families in disaster areas, it is a lot more devastating, waiting for word.

So yes, Theresa, I'm glad you are safe and sound.

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

HI Teresa,

Glad you are well (and back, at least temporarily). Is Les ok?

bk

• gogirlterri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Les is OK but not doing much. A neighbor across the street is diabetic and doesn't take care of himself very well. He had a leg amputated 1-1/2 months ago. At Least Les is very attentive about his diet and meds. The combination of his knee injury and diabetes form a wicked circle. One requires activity and the other inhibits activity. The result?-degradation. But we are in our 70's. So we do our best right?

Thanks for caring and your concern for him.

It had taken me a while to become active in this forum, and I never expected to find such loving people.

Theresa Ann

• User
    10 years ago

Theresa, please give Les my best wishes and tell him I keep him (as well as yourself) on the prayer list. Take care of yourself too. Cold weather is hard on the extremities and bound to cause Les some seasonal pain.

Think about a pair of long red underwear, the trap door kind, you know what I mean? Last time I looked, LLBean still sold them. :)