Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why I hate this time of year.....

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 22:34

No,not because of Thanksgiving and Christmas,but this pic from back in May 4,2012. Take a look. Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why I hate this time of year.....

I'm with you on this too! We were just talking from someone in Northern BC(Mile 49 Alaska Highway) and they have 4 feet of snow so I guess our rainy not freezing weather maybe doesn't look quite so bad... only about 120 days and should be MUCH BETTER

o

Phil I am with you on that.

I have settled on this pic of mine as my desktop for winter. Reminds me what I have to look forward to in the spring.

IMG_2408

o

I've "grown" to like it. Here's the first leaf of a group of seedlings.

First Leaf EDOP512xStingray

Steve

o

As Steve shows, you can continue hosta gardening over Winter even in the frozen North. Just yesterday I planted seeds of the streaker Hostas 'Topo Giglio', 'Dorothy Benedict', 'Fickle Blue Genes' and 'Blue Lightning' into 48 cells of a seed flat. In 2 weeks at 78 degrees F I should see some leaves too. So from 2 weeks from now until next November I should see hostas.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Bernd

o

Phil, I'd like to sit on a bench I that beautiful tranquil garden right about now. Awesome photo!

Great looking pot garden Ludisia.

I'm going to use Steve and Bernd' s method of coping and grow some seeds :)

Dan

o

Phil, I do love your gardens! Thanks for reminding us of what we have to look forward to come spring and summer-more pictures from you! :)

o

Photobucket
Yes after 2 cold days I am ready for spring. Paula

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here