Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Here are possible logos for imaginary garden center

esther_b
9 years ago

I created a name NOT on the list of our assignment, because I hated all the names suggested. For some weird reason, I could not get the files, saved as .jpgs, to load onto my photo hosting site. I was forced to take pics of my computer monitor with my little digital camera in order to get anything to load. These images are crude compared to the original work, but they give you an idea of each trial logo. I couldn't get them to accept a title.

I would LOVE to get everyone's feedback on which logo version they prefer. I've got a little "edgy" one, 2 cute ones and a simplified one. Just describe the one you like (if any). The feedback will be oh-so-useful for my assignment.

Thanks!

{{gwi:2131196}}

{{gwi:2131197}}

{{gwi:2131198}}

{{gwi:2131199}}

Comments (11)

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

First, let me say that I like the third picture best. Personally, I thought it looked the most professional and polished. However, I was wondering if "Best Buds" was referring to a store that sells pot/marijuana. When I saw the forth picture, somehow "buds" took on the "buddy" meaning, and "Best Buds" became a cuter, more clever name.

• zkathy z7a NC
    9 years ago

LOL! Hang onto that name, Esther. I figure two more years and pot will be legal in every state except Utah. A politician can't walk past a big pile of money anymore than I can walk past a box of chocolate!

I like the first one. It seems friendly. I didn't think about the other meaning of bud until Erica mentioned it.

Kathy

• Josh Spece
    9 years ago

#3 is my pick.

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

This buds for you.. oh, that is a beer commercial slang for Budweiser

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I like the fourth one. I prefer the font on the black side.

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    9 years ago

Fun project! I like the name Best Buds, but before reading any other responses, I also thought that it sounds like a good name for a pot dispensary.
    If I saw that logo, I'd think it was a nursery that specializes in bulbs. I also see an onion. FWIW, I do like the 4th black and white one.

zkathy, you got that right! My neighbor thinks Utah will be next to legalize, but why he thinks that I don't know. Utah won't even allow us to participate in a lottery, lol.

• esther_b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, guys! Keep the comments coming, please! I need all the feedback I can get. BTW, Cottonwood, the font on the black and the white sides is the same font, Zapfino. I like it for its elegance and it was my "homage" to the upscale garden center our homework assignment specifies. I also like the chubbier font I used for the "sprouts" out of the bulb in #2.

Since for some weird reason I could not post the .jpg images directly to my photo hosting page (I usually can), and I had to photograph my computer monitor to get it to work, the roundish lines are artifacts of photographing the screen and are not present in the images. The images are pure black and white, no concentric wavy lines.

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

It looks like a head of garlic about to sprout to me. I like #3.

DD

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

#1 is my pick. Just looks the friendliest.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

IMO Pic #3 is best. I would buy bud from him : ) The sign is obviously of a perennial bud, or something of the type, and it looks nice and non-threatening.

Don B.

• old_dirt 6a
    9 years ago

I vote for #1...but I'm a recovering pot head so any "bud" looks good to me...

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths