Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Hosta list

Posted by JANE100 none (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 11:16

Just started my Hosta frenzy since last July.

Alakazam (2) Blueberry Muffin(1) , Blue Mouse Ears (3) Brim Cup (1) ,Corkscrew (2), Cameo(1) , Dream Queen (3), Emerald Tiara (3), Fire Island (2), Frosted Mini Hearts (2), Fire & Ice (4) Frosted Mouse Ears(1) ,
Guacamole (2 mature plants) , Island Charm (2), Hideout (2), June(2).
Lakeside Cupcake(1), ordered Lakeside Paisley Print , Little Miss
Sunshine (3), Ordered Maui Buttercup, Patriot (4), Praying Hands (2)
Rainforest Sunrise (2) Remember Me (1),Silver Mine (2) So Sweet (2) Surfer Girl ,(1)Stilleto (2) Twilight (3), Twist of Lime,(1) Wheee (2, Wide Brim (2)

Most of these also planted at the SPCA this summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Hosta list

Hi Jane,
How'd you get started? I think I went from being normal to being a hostaholic in less than 12 hours. Not bad for an addiction.
Kathy

o

You have good taste, there are a lot of nice hosta there. SPCA? I know I should know this acronym but it escapes me.

Beverly

o

Beverly. that stands for Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Started volunteering there when I got laid off in 1991. Worked all kinds of jobs there but same time I was going to Horticulture school to prepare for a new job. Never got a paid one but evolved into what I call " an unpaid staff" job there doing all the flowers and landscaping. ,.

o

I've been MIA for past week basically but was glad to finally have a chance to look up some of your hosta (which I did not have). Your H. ' Alakazam' is one whose pic I look forward to seeing in the spring. Its wavy edges and long leaf reminds me of a cross between 'Wheee!' and 'Wolverine' both of which I have. 'Silver Mine' also intrigued me but I didn't find any interesting pics of it so that's another one to look forward to.

It will be fun to follow your addiction as you approach July this year....and compare to last July! Lol. It just takes on a life of its own, doesn't it?

The SPCA must have a very lovely garden as a result, all due to your efforts.
Way to go Jane! :-)

Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here