Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shade_tolerant

Lots of L

shade_tolerant
14 years ago

The letter L should take us on for awhile, so many L hostas, especially with the Lakeside ones.

Here are a couple to get us started.

First up is Lakeside Ripples, I love this hosta, it is big, I couldn't even get the whole thing so this is shot from the top. It is also tall with a beautiful sheen to the piecrust leaves, nothing likes to eat it either.

And Lemon Meringue, this one is a real honey, nice lemony color and white backs, what's not to love?

And a very Happy New Year to everybody!!

Comments (18)

• User
    14 years ago

I do have a lot of Ls and I "need" Lemon Meringue (Do you ever have trouble spelling that word? I do every time.)

Liberty - One of my favorites and a show stopper in the garden!

• loisflan
    14 years ago

I love this little guy - Lakeside Baby Face

Lakeside April Snow

• User
    14 years ago

Another favorite - glows in the shade:

Lakeside Cha Cha

Lakeside Cha Cha Leaf

• tepelus
    14 years ago

I have only three L's, one of which I don't have a picture, which is Lakeside Black Satin. The other two:

London Fog, 1st yr TC babe

Lucy Vitols, seems to be a slow grower for me. But, I've only had her two years.

Karen

• mctavish6
    14 years ago

More added to "the list". I have lots of L's which is no surprise. I have cut out quite a few.

The next one never stopped growing from the time I got it. It's a great plant!

• paul_in_mn
    14 years ago

Loyalist
    {{gwi:1104765}}

Last Dance - New in 09
    {{gwi:1104766}}

Little Sunspot
    {{gwi:982455}}

Paul

• User
    14 years ago

McT - I really like the markings on Lime Smoothy as it goes through the season. Perhaps I should not have passed up this club hosta. Lederhosen is interesting too and shiny.

Here are some more Lakesides:

Lakeside Cupcake

Lakeside Dragonfly

Lakeside Downsized (nice grower)

Lakeside Shoremaster

Lakeside Scamp (new in '09)- Love te shape of the little leaf.

Lakeside Prophesy - Beautiful form to the leaf and nice bumps for a youngster.

Lakeside Prissy Miss

• hostasformez4
    14 years ago

Three of my L hostas.

Lancifolia, an oldie but I think a goodie

Love Pat #1

Love Pat #2

Lady Isobel Barnett

Connie

• swmogardens
    14 years ago

This one is special to me because I got it from my mother-in-laws garden right before she passed away and her home was sold. I call them moms hostas.

Lancifolia and nandina.

• User
    14 years ago

More Liberty because it is so striking!

• User
    14 years ago

Does anyone have h. Lake Superior? Pix, comments, opinions?

• bunnycat
    14 years ago

Lemon Lime

• shade_tolerant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Manyhosta, no Lake Superior in my collection, checked it out on HL and was surprised at the ones named after different lakes.
    Bunnycat, what a pretty grouping!

• donrawson
    14 years ago

Perhaps plant all of them in a circle, and put Great Lakes or Great Lakes Gold in the middle?

• User
    14 years ago

Ah, exactly! I was thinking of planting them on a slope in Superior Michigan Huron Erie Ontario order, with Great Lakes, Great Lakes Gold, and maybe Great Plains. Georgian Bay would be a nice addition to that grouping.

But, where to find them?

• bunnycat
    14 years ago

manyhosta....Many are Ran Lydell's introductions...and at least some are for sale at his Eagle Bay Gardens business. Website currently under construction, found the listings after choosing the "introductions" button on the left.
    I found Great Lakes Gold at a garden store a few years ago. I think that one should be easy to find, and inexpensive

• hosta_freak
    14 years ago

Lakeside Love Affaire. Phil

{{gwi:924048}}

• tsbccowboy
    14 years ago

Lots of nice L's everybody!

Lakeside Black Satin
    6/11/09

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews