Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

vanity plate and 2 long months ...

was stopped at a traffic light.. and in front of me was PLTDGR ... i usually get these vanity plates rather quickly.. but this one stumped me thru 2 light cycles..

anyway.. its the longest 2 months in the hosta forum .. by history ... between thxgvg and 2 weeks after new years.. it just always goes dead ...

its sad to check in every day.. to see little if no activity ... until those darn z8 and 9 peeps start bragging come 2/1 or so.. because dormancy is breaking.. and then i have another 3 months.. before my z5 catches up ...

i hope you all can make the most of your personal holidays ... merry Christmas and happy new year ..

ken

Comments (28)

• hostanista
    11 years ago

PLTDGR -- Plant digger? i.e. a lover of plants? That's my guess anyway.

Just for some Christmas fun, picture of my last Christmas turkey - a turkey of a different kind. Made of Rice Krispies with "stuffing" of Smarties and Aero Balls; not pictured is the "gravy": little bowls of melted chocolate for dipping. Ho Ho Ho everyone.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Hoping to get out this week to clean up the dead hosta leaves. Had a wonderful Thanksgiving (love that turkey, Hostanista).

I keep checking back, too, Ken.

Wishing everyone a marvelous end to the year (merry Christmas if you celebrate) and an even better new year!

Cynthia

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

It could be plant dodger,if you're trying to avoid buying another hosta! Lol! Phil

• allnitro
    11 years ago

This is my vanity plate

• gogirlterri
    11 years ago

H. 'Giboshi var. Cadillac' allnitro?

Hostanista, you are a devil for showing that turkey to a diabetic that absolutely craves Rice Crispy Treats. I LOVE it but it just ruined my lipstick, which I had just put on, having to wipe the drool. From now on I'll check in with HF FIRST!
    How long did it take; Fifteen minutes at 350 degrees per pound?
    Theresa.

• Lykaon - Ohio Zone 6a
    11 years ago

Some what OT but my favorite vanity plate I've seen was: DCI4THS

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Great OT post, so I'll add my 2 cents.

I can't believe we got this accomplished this year considering my DH's condition. The subdural hematoma has severely diminished his visualization skills and attention span. Combine that with the memory loss and bouts of confusion, I'd say it was a miracle we got this done.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Gesila

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

When Dodge had the Stealth sports car back in the late 90's I saw this vanity plate-

......................UCNTCME

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    11 years ago

Sorry about your husband's illness, Gesila.

Your lights are amazing! Don't know how you both did it!

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Thinking 'Hosta' lingo : UCNTME = yoU CaN Tissue Culture Me, strange?

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

stealth.. sight..

you cant see me ... lol .. took me all day ..

i guess it was stealthy..

ken

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Ken, I was a few miles down the road before it dawned on me. The Stealth was new at the time and I figured it had to have something to with the name.

• gogirlterri
    11 years ago

I am still working on DC14THS (please don't make fun of me Ken-my mind comes up with nothing, and I am too busy laughing at myself!)
    Would someone PLEASE explain DC14TH to me. GGTISC-which should be my vanity plate!
    Theresa

Original Author
    11 years ago

NOOO!!!

i am still working on it..

dont give it up because gogorl terri is crazy????

GGTis Crazy????

ooooohhhh.. i just got it ... DCI4THS

its two words ... say the first letter.. combine the next two and say it [its not spanish] ... the number is the third syllable ... and the last 3 are one word ...

can you get it terri???

ken

• dg
    11 years ago

Ah, got it Ken!
    Here you go, let's take his hints a little further:

d-ci-four ths

Deb

• gogirlterri
    11 years ago

I do now. Thanks Deb. I hadn't quite gotten past Kens explanation. I was still laughing at "gogorl"!
    Decipher this. I was hung up on thinking I4 was 14 so Ken wasn't making sense.
    Gogorl has sparkling PURE-WHITE hair that was orininally blonde. (nuf said?)
    Theresa

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Thanks all - I just wasn't getting it, but didn't want to admit that in case it turned out to be really obvious. Thought that if I just waited long enough, someone would just tell me the answer!
    Jan

• User
    11 years ago

My absolute favorite vanity plate was on a Mercedes convertible that the (ex) wife got in a divorce settlement:
    WASHIS

Ah yes.

Love Giboshi's ....but how did you get them to put BlackHawk down at the bottom? Is that a real county in Iowa?

My question is,
    If all the hosta grow best in Michigan,
    How is it there are so many nurseries in Iowa?
    Am I missing something here?
    I have another vanity tag somewhere, just don't recall it now. But I'll be back.

• User
    11 years ago

This is the vanity tag I think is lovely.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

And a gun? Moccasin ha ha ha

Original Author
    11 years ago

thats nice moc.. lol .. and why does john link have pms????

iowa??? .. i figured they are all farmers.. and know how to grow things to perfection .. so that is why there are so many growers there ...

and i am not sure they grow 'best' here in MI ... where are all those GE ...MN or WI???

ken

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Doomsday prepper......

{{gwi:1104787}}

This post was edited by jonnyb023 on Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 10:35

• gogirlterri
    11 years ago

Ken-if John Link has PMS I doubt he would advertise it on his car. lol It doesn't need it!
    Theresa

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

My favourite vanity plates - on an RV - WEGO - on the car being towed behind - IGO2.
    Jan

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

This was my actual plate,when I actually owned a Navigator. Yeah,I know it's on a Subaru,but this was the only pic I could find. I now have a conventional plate on the car. Phil

{{gwi:1104788}}

• linda_p
    11 years ago

Answering for my friend allnitro, yes, it's a county in Iowa.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

I hope not...but you never know.

{{gwi:1104789}}

• allnitro
    11 years ago

Yes Linda is correct about Black Hawk being a county in Iowa and there they put the county on your plates.

The word Giboshi is Japanese for Hosta.

Black Hawk Giboshi