Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paved paradise and put in a hosta lot

Posted by ilovetogrow 8 Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 13:14

Photobucket

This summer I had my usual run in with weeds in this area that I just could not always get to. I would pull out the potted hostas just to rip the pots from the ground. Weed Wack, replace, repeat. Weeds growing in my pots. My friend miscalculated, I inherited and I tiled the area. It worked great. Now I can move the plants easily and the weeds were cut way down. Have a great grow day, Paula

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paved paradise and put in a hosta lot

genius..

and if i understand right.. FREE!!! .... but for labor ...

below is the link you forgot..

MC and HNY ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Great looking garden, Paula. Hope you have a great holiday season, and rest up before March gets here....you and I, kid, we will be ready to roll out the hosta pots then!.....

o

Hi Paula....must have overlooked your canna lilies in this picture. Those look like what they call Bee's Tongues down in south Louisiana. I had some given me growing at MoccasinLanding but lost those when I sold the place. I love the exotic greenery.

I also have some aspidistra with nice strapping leaves, and they are striped white and green. As they mature, they turn whiter. Let's see if I can find a shot to include here for your benefit.

This shot has two different types, the small one is my latest addition and it already shows variegation, the other one is quite slow to turn striped, it had a lot more sun
Hosta12May037

and here is another which has both stripes and polka dots.
I get my variegated aspidistra from Plant Delights Nursery
DSC06993

I have some gifted to my by a dear friend, treasure them because she died 3 years ago now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here