'' If interested in mature hostas of the Large
variety bring SUV or truck to haul.''

Says he is 86 years young this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: CORY'S WILDFLOWER GARDENS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody ever been here?

For some reason, the name is familiar...I am trying to remember a previous
post by a female member but my memory banks are not cooperating! Perhaps she will see this and respond. :-)

What a terrific sale on hosta! Wow! They are all so huge and looking goooood - good thing I don't live close!

Jo

o

• Posted by stoc none (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 16:52

Jo,
I just did a search,lots of people have been there before.Lots of threads.I want to go--great looking hostas.

o

I'm thinking it would be a very interesting visit just to meet the man and hear his stories...then spend the remaining hours admiring and touching all the hosta. That would surely be a trip...you seriously considering going? That would be an experience for sure.

I'm going to read up on the other threads you mentioned...thanks. :-)

o

The place is about 3 hours east of me. I had e-mailed Cory about a month ago to find out what he does with his potted Hostas over the winter, being that his winters would be like mine. I also wanted to know what his normal prices where, he has a end of season sale, all pots $10.00 each. Cory responded to my e-mail promptly and was very informative. My Grandfather is also 87 years young and I really want to take him there next spring, early summer, although we may have to spend the night at my sisters, because my Grandfather really likes to talk!

Hopefully, him and I can make a few road trips next year, Hallson's, Schmid's and maybe even Ken's...since we would be in the area...;-)

(just kidding Ken)

o

wow.. I can make it there in about 3 hours..could be worth a day trip... let me look over his list real fast

o

Here's my haul from Cory's a few years back.

photo 2011-06-13090121.jpg

They all are thriving and have been virus and disease free.

Gesila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here