Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ludiciousacres

Paula, I have a Suggestion for the Alphabet - Opinions Wanted

Ludicious Acres
10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I got to thinking today about the Poetry post that Jan started. I can't express how much I have enjoyed everyone's wordsmithing. I even said so in the thread. Who knew we had such talent among us ? :)

Anywho, what I propose is this year Paula uses one of our poems for each letter of the alphabet. This follows suit to her individual garden quotes that we all submitted last year, which was a great idea and a lot of fun.

But I think some of the poems in the other thread are awesome and should be shown off. What better way ? It also keeps all of us involved in the alphabet, even if we don't have pics.

As of my post (I bit the bullet and took a stab at a poem) we have 9.

10 if you count Ken's:

KILL!! The maple.. kill the maple...

and 11 if you count Dave's:

Hosta
Adam had 'em

With 26 letters in the alphabet, we would need 15-17 more. But some letters you could combine into one post:

Examples: . . . I-J . . . O-P-Q . . . U-V-W . . . X-Y-Z - which brings us to 19 posts to cover the whole alphabet. Hmmm, maybe 20 if we do a solo Lakeside only post after L.

In any event, it's a thought I had, and bit of a poke in the side to those lurking with a poem that may be hesitating to post it.

If in the event we all agree and there isn't enough poems, those that didn't post could maybe email Paula their favorite garden saying or phrase, and she can fill in the gaps with those.

Please share your thoughts. Just throwing this out there, I will not be offended if anyone objects. :)

Promise,
Ludi

Comments (2)