Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Music

Posted by vwtx 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 23:57

Okay, I'm so burned out on politics and religion and threads here are becoming redundant. I'm taking time out to listen to a little music again. Please feel free to add videos that you enjoy. I promise I'll listen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chick Corea & Hiromi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Music

This is an oldie, but goodie. Alot of people would look at you crosseyed if you were to tell them it was the Eagles!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seven Bridges Road

o

Thanks bill! That brought back some memories :)

o

I love acapela, and I love great harmony, and that's got both. It's one of my favorite songs of all time.

o

This video is absolutely incredible. My sister, who's a high school music teacher sent this to me, and when I first watched it I thought it was great animation music performance. And then AFTER watching, I read the following in the body of the email:

Turn your sound on for this. Read this first, then watch , then read it again.
This is almost unbelievable. See how all of the balls wind up in catcher cones.
This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa . Amazingly, 97% of the machines components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft, Iowa . Yes, farm equipment!
It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video but as you can see, it was WELL worth the effort. It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.

Now, for me, anyway, this is way past incredible. It's mind blowing!

Here is a link that might be useful: extraordinaire instrument de musique

o
another one

Here's another one. This is one of those people who, at first glance make you think to yourself "what have I got to complain about?" And then upon relfection, you realise he's been unbelieveably blessed.

His dad's what being a father is all about, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meet Patrick Henry Hughes

o
Okay, I've been had

The instrument a couple of posts up WAS animation. After reading a couple of the comments on the Youtube page, I checked snopes. It's still pretty impressive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snopes Verification

o

I liked it. The animation alone is incredible.

The piece about Patrick Hughes was on the news recently and I was just amazed at his talent and got a lump in my throat at how devoted his father is to him. You have to be one strong individual to give that much of yourself. As a parent I would do anything for my son, but I also have the luxury of not having to attend to his every need (possibly for the rest of his life) and work for a living on top of that. I agree, he's the ultimate DAD :)

o

Okay. There seems to be little or no movement here, so adding another video. Apparently, it's just you and me bill :) I likes me some Blues.

Here is a link that might be useful: living colour

o

I'll play.

It's a shame this artist left us too soon, Eva Cassidy--Songbird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFmM2gGhqY&feature=related

o

Beautiful voice! Thanks demi!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here