Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What the HEY???

Posted by bill_vincent Central Maine (billvincent@hotmail.com) on
Tue, May 12, 09 at 23:32

Is it just me, or is EVERYONE getting 404 messages in here tonight? Any other forum in Gweb, I'm fine, but not this one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What the HEY???

I noticed too, and they fixed it quickly, but now I can't stay logged in.

o

I've been having log in problems here for about the last 2 weeks. Some days it's fine, and others, I can hardly log in at all without giving my e-mail address, which I don't wish to do.

o

Woodnymph-- for whatever it's worth, you're not the only one. I know of one granite countertop pro, as well as John Bridge, who've had the same kind of problems. Matter of fact, John hasn't been able to get into THS since last summer now, and it took Stone_girl just about that same two weeks to get the problem straightened out.

o

No problems here, yet Vgkg has:

"A forwarded message from vgkg ---

"Hi dear friends, sorry I've been absent lately but I too have had a
similar problem getting in here so have asked Maddie to post this
message here for me. For several weeks now my log-in attempts have
locked up my webtv device which keeps me from posting. The same lock up
occurs when I try to send a message to the GW "contact us" site so I
can't even inquire what's going on there. I've always blamed my cheapo
webtv but now after reading Bill's and you other having similar problems
I have my doubts."

"Just wanted to let you know I haven't given up on you all, but now with
problems occuring across the net I wondering if getting a real puter is
the answer? Maybe that April 1st virus is just a slow kill for the
internet and the people at the top know it and are keeping quiet about
it? Anyways, as for now I can read (albiet with slow difficulty due to
the ads) but cannot post. I've asked Maddie to keep the global warming
countdown in progress during my absence. (Thanks Maddie!)"

vgkg

At yer service pal!

o

Hello, vgkg. Good to hear from you. You are greatly missed on these threads. Hope you can get back with us soon. I, too, have been wondering about that April virus....

o

vgkg-- I know you can't answer, but you might consider getting another email address thru either Yahoo or Hotmail, and reregistering. Might end up with a different name, but we'll all know who ya are! :-)

o

Bill, he's already tried that, won't work either.

o

I wonder if there's someone close to him that's recently been banned, and he's getting caught up in it as a result of having a similar ISP number. It might be an idea to have him write a email explaining his problem, and having you forward it for him, maddie, to Tamara.

Or if you'd rather, I'll do it. He can email it to me, and I'll forward it for him.

o

You have a pen pal at GW?
:)

Now that you say it, he's tried mailing GW, but his mails didn't get through.
Will forward your post to Vgkg.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 11, 09 at 13:56

Hi Folks! Justchecking in from another local, friend's pc not home webtv. Apparently it works to log-in from here but still not from home. Nothing else much to say, hope to be back as a regular one of these daze. Bye for now, vgkg

o

Ah a life line, finally!

Hope the withdrawal symptoms won't do you in. You're sorely missed pal!

o

The mummy speaks!! LOL Sorry you're having troubles, mister!! I hope you get em straightened out soon!!

o

Hey, vgkg, are you enjoying your "retirement"? How is your garden doing with all the wet weather we've been having recently? We look forward to your return and miss your posts.

o

Yep, we too are having withdrawal symptoms by now!

Btw, if all else fails, you're still welcome to mail McGuyver.

o

Update...

The King is busy, extending and beautifying his castle. He shall return soon.

o

maddie, thanks for the update. Look forward to the return of wit and sanity....

o

Me too, Woodnymph. Me too.

o

Look forward to the return of wit and sanity....

vgkg, too!!

Hey-- it just wouldn't be me if I weren't a wise-ass!! :-)

o

Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 20:16

Well Hell-o there Good virtual Friends! Thanks for all the kind and humorous words above, I still have no luck trying to log in (to be able to post) but apparently it's newer https whichamagig is a monkeywrench for webtv with the
"s" part. I can still read but not post. I'm still retired and enjoying it, with some buddies right now on the Potomac and one of them brought his pc. Thanks too Maddie for keeping the numbers burning, still looking about for the right way to go on the web but honestly haven't felt the urg(ency) to get back in connection. I hate to say it but I spent nearly all of my time here during my former employment but it didn't seem to matter to them as long as my tasks are completed. Now that I'm home I seem too dang busy to find the time but if I did have access I would post but not nearly as often. I do visit about once a week but just long enough to read page one due to the slowness of webtv and pop ups due to lack of log-in.

The addition is built now but the interior is still unfinished. Lots more to do with the plumbing and ele, insulation etc. Am connecting the new deep well to this addition whist keeping the old well on the rest of the house. It'll consist of a full downstairs bath, a roomier laundry area, and a mini-kitchen to be used for canning and pantry storage. Me and my buds (an archetech and carpenter/framer) got it up and roofed in just before the record breaking rains of Nov & Dec set in.

I haven't given up here, really tempted to post my "thoughts" on certain threads like torture (for seriousness) and palin (for laughs). Would also like to keep you up to date on my favorite subjects but time seems to pass me by so rapidly these daze.....probably being able to sleep 2 more hours per day now makes the daze seem shorter ;o). Farewell for now dear virual buds, miss you Woodnymph, Bill, Steve, and so many others, and thanks again too Maddie.
Maybe I'll pop in on the other side before I get too partied up :)......may be it's too late !

o

Great post, as usual vgkg. Glad to see you back, even if your posts are sparse.
Tickled for you that you've made the seamless retirement/improve the new property thing work.

o

Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 8:55

Hi Steve! Thanks (you too Nancy!) but my wording was a bit staggered last nite, ha. Coffee helps this morning. Sure do miss posting on my favorite topic of astronomy here, seems that I can't even keep up with the recent astronomical news but once we get a real pc I'll be able to hunt down items with warp speed :). My first year of retirement was busier than any of the last 31 years of real "work", go figure! Posting a bit last nite brought back some good memories and tickled my funny bone a bit. I read where ol' swanzy is gone, what's up with dat? He giving everyone a vacation like I did, ha. Hope to return again soon, got to get back to expanding minds again, including my own ;o).
Chowser for nowser, vgkg

o

Hey Mister!! Great to see you in here, even if it's just for a "pop"!!

o

Welcome back -- we've missed you. Hope you stick around. I learned a lot from your science/climate postings. How did you make out in the recent cold snap?

You asked about Schwantz -- Marshall seems to think he was sent to Disney, but I can't figure out why, in terms of his silly postings. ;-)

o

Swanz and Jason were often going toe to toe, I figure they went too far at a certain point and both got banned or it's a coincidence but they went missing at the same time.

o

Maybe they were alter-egos of the same person?

Wonder if they know Cybill?

:-)

o

Who is Cybill?

o

Didn't you ever see the movie about the woman with something like 28 different personalities?

o

Got it, now. ;-)

o
RE: HA!!! Hurry Will Ya?!

o

Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 11:59

It's been a while WoodNymph, Bill and others. Still no real pc at home so just check in on occasion here whist at library doing research. Webtv unit at home will still only allow me to view threads but won't let me log-in to post. It all goes back to the site updating it's encryption codes for passwords which locks up webtv if I try to log-in here. Only 3 minutes left on library pc so gotta run before losing this. Hope all is well with each of you, still hope to update at home.......one day :)

PS, been some hot/dry summer here eh WN? Topped off with a flooding rain, ugh. Too much, too late......chowser for nowser, vgkg

o

Sun, Oct 10, 10 at 19:44

Guess who got a computer :)
......for a least a week on loan. I'll be around to pester for a while, ha.

o

Yeah! Space, the VGKG Frontier!

o

Aw, HELL!! I thought you were back for good!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here