Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
World of mushrooms

Posted by marshallz10 z9-10 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 10 at 23:02

I like a good mushroom in my food but here I find I like pictures of mushrooms even more!

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful shrooms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: World of mushrooms

Wow, we agree on something Marshall. I've seen a few of those pictured when camping. Saw quite a few of them in the NC, Tenn. area. Don't remember seeing too many out west.......probably due to the time of year. I like to travel out that way in Sept, Oct so I guess it would be too cold. I would love to have a "mushroom garden" of all the different colors. Wonder if anyone has ever tried that?

o

That would be tough to do. Mushrooms are the "fruit" of mycelia, mat-like subterranean growth, so of vast sizes while others limit growth on small, organic substrates like rotting leaves. Trying to reproduce the right growing conditions in one backyard or even on larger patch of ground would be impossible. Maybe you could create a temperate woodland mushroom garden or maybe a substropical one. I'm not sure about humid tropics where mushrooms are likely to grown on living things, not in lateritic soils.

o
RE:Mushrooms

I was thinking more in terms of a "small garden" maybe in a 50 or 100 gallon aquarium/terrarium where the environment could be more controlled. You would still have to deal with the different types "soil" ( for lack of a better word to cover all growth materials) which would be hard to get right so I guess I'll just continue to tramp around the woods enjoying them

o

marshall, it is time to shrug...

o

You have confused me with Atlas...

...or Ayn Rand.

o

No confusion, but thought that it would apply to this little part of the world that is just not worth carrying anymore...

o

More tax cutting, eh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here