Didn't think I'd do it, did you!

o
RE: This Be Me ...

And you didn't! Try again! ;-)

o
howzzabout now?

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 27, 07 at 12:25

hmmmm.... I seez it.... here's from another href.

o

You're the ... one on the right? (Honestly, I don't know. I have a hard time telling who's male/female around here!) Anyway ... very nice looking family! :-)

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
me competing with Devon,Cupshaped and the other hunks on the rose forum.TIC

o

Jen,
are you on the left or the right in your picture?

o

And me....

o
RE: This Be Me ...petah

Pete...just as I thought you would look.

o

The funny thing is Monica,when I rolled up your picture my initial reaction was``My god thats Margit''.My first wife .
I posted that picture of me on the rose forum to kid some of the younger guys that were trying to impress the ladies.Got a lot of laughs.

o

Okay Jen, I fast forwarded a "couple of years" :)

o

Phhbbbbthhtht ... Clay! ;-)

Ohiomom - still as cute as ever!

Monica - lovely, warm smile you have!

Pete - that's a helluva calf muscle!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 27, 07 at 15:15

My what a nice bunch of pretty people, esp the ladies :).
Pete, you don't look like the old fart you sound like, a younger version of an old fart perhaps ;o).

As fer me, no way to do this stuff, not yet anyways. Once retired (an old saying of mine) I'll get the whole kit & kabootle at home, pc, printer, scanner, digital camera, etc. I've wanted to post pics of my gardens mostly but it'll have to wait.

For the time being this will have to do :

o

Tue, Nov 27, 07 at 15:33

"You're the ... one on the right?"

Second from the right...

Here's a better shot

o

Ha! Infinitely more lifelike ...

o

Okay,I'll bite.

o

Dude next to me bites back.

o

Tue, Nov 27, 07 at 17:18

LOL Pete! I'll bite too, lemme fetch my dentures....nah, ha, not that old of a fart yet ;o)

o

Jen,
thanks for oversharing

o

Shaddup, hippie.
;-D

o

You've all already seen my pic!

o

Me - Age 18 - High School Graduation Photo (scanned)
Ms. Granola Girl with no makeup!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Me again - fast forward 31 years. My blonde hair has darkened over the years. People tell me I should color it but that is not my thing.

o

I think Jen should do the same as comettose, and send the more recent picture.

o

Alright already, Clay.

Here.

o

Comettose - ya look great! Then and now!

o

Wed, Nov 28, 07 at 12:41

You too Jen, no doubt about it.

o

I have to say that Jen did not appear to age very much in the last 31 years.

She still looks great!

o

I dont know how to do photos, or much else really on the puter. But, if your curiosity gets the best of you and you think you need to see what I look like, try:WINDOVERFARM@groups.msn.com

you may feel better served perusing the bird photos?

o

Well, curiosity won out so I looked at your page, Fancifowl. You and the Mrs. look great! Your pheasants are gorgeous too.

Clay, my second pic was taken this summer at my 45th birthday party. Hence, the cup full of beer and the slightly(?) drunken expression/stance. (Throwing arms around people ... "I love you, man!" Sheesh. Middle-aged crazies.)

o

Not to mention the bright red shiny cheeks!! :-)

STILL a very attractive pic. :-)

o

I guess I have to stop bugging Jen about being old. She is my elder so I shall endeavor to treat her with the dignity and respect all elders are entitled and due.

Is 45 middle aged? When I was 20 I thought that was well, old.

Now I am not so sure.

o

She's still a puppy. :-)

As for you, I'm still wonderin when you're eyes are gonna open! :-)

o

Fancifowl,
Nice pics of you and the boss.

I liked your brothers horse better though, AQHA shows true quality.

o

This is me

o

Ow, my eyes!
Your smile is blinding.
(OK, dazzling would be a more apt description.)
;-)

o
RE: This Be Me .....

Clay, you may prefer that red gelding but the palomino was the best horse I ever owned, and thats quite a few, maybe 200.
The red gelding is a son of Scar Bar by 3 Bars(TB). we had I think about 5-6 of that breeing, all were very smart and athletic animals who excelled on the show circuit. The pictured animal & bro were 3 years high point in Western Equitation in the NyPennOhio circuit.rare for a male rider.
we always had top horses.

o

o

That's cool, but ... what are you doing up there?

o

Trimming the tree...

o
RE: T his Be Me ...

My goodness, you're a brave soul!

o

Don, you just go right ahead and get on with your bad self!! If that were me, they'd be bringing in the hook n ladder to come up and GET me!! That's one of my two biggest phobias!!

o

I used to thin/trim large trees part time, working alone a lot. One time a limb became tangled in my climbing rope, no ladders just hoist yerself up, and I hung there for about 5 hours before the land owner happened to show up. I was too far up to just cut the line. It was a real poser! After that I paid a guy to stand there & drag the limbs back.

o

I worked as a tree surgeon for a couple of years.In those days you got about 15cents over minimum wage,ground man got that.Too bad it was so poorly paid-I could have enjoyed a career of it.It was amazing how casually you would risk your life to those ropes.lol

o

Alright, Bill ... inquiring minds want to know -- what's the second one?

o

Hillary.

:)

o

Dare I laugh? lol

o

halfdecaf-- you were close-- she makes me break out in hives, and my other phobia is bees. :-)

o
Post Script

Seriously-- if I had to say where it came from, it had to do with an episode of a show called the Outer Limits when I was a young kid, where these huge killer bees got into all kinds of stuff, and came out to kill anyone who got close. For better than a month after, I was shaking out every piece of clothing before I put it on. I had to have my mother come up with me to shake out my bedding before I'd go to bed, and even once I WAS in bed, I'd be up all night, unable to get to sleep. I can't tell you why this one show affected me so traumatically, but it did. It literally freaked me right out.

o

I'll see your bee phobia and raise you one even wilder.

My phobia is ... fish.
Yep - fish.
Dead ones, live ones, cooked ones, swimmin' in the ocean ones -- it matters not. They all freak me out to the extreme. I had a couple of rather gory fish encounters when I was a child, and can still remember having nightmares back then, dreaming that there were fish in my head. (Oh, the horror!) I still have fish dreams, and they never fail to make my skin crawl.

I actually can sit and watch fish swimming in an aquarium, but if I happen to see one floating dead towards the top of the tank - oh gawd, I'm done.

I love to walk barefoot on the beach, but invariably end up doing little heebie-jeebie dances by just barely escaping stepping on washed-up dead guys while enjoying otherwise blissful strolls.

And I'd love to take surfing lessons, but I know it wouldn't be the waves I'd be afraid of. It's the unseen finned swimmers, and the possibility of actually coming into physical contact with one, that prevents me from doing so.

Yes.
I'm weird.

o

Not really.

You shouldn't drink water either. fish do things in water.

o

Those are strange phobias. I have a hive of bees and I let them crawl all over me, and I have two ponds of koi and they all eat out of my hand and suck on my fingers. ..Re: tree trimming. My husband is a graduate of PSU with a forestry degree,. About ten years ago , he was cutting a branch from a three story tall thorny locust tree with a running chain saw and the branch flew and struck the ladder where he was standing..not holding on, and flung him to the ground where he missed the concrete bench by 6 inches. He was unconscious with a concusssion and two broken arms and the chain saw was still running.

o

Fri, Nov 30, 07 at 8:16

Don, can I borrow that ladder ;o)

Bill, are you sure it was bees in that Outer Limits episode? It was the beatnik alien "ants" episode that creeped me out, laughable now of course. I don't know how today's kids can sleep at all with the bloody, freaky stuff in movies and tv.

Bill - BOO!

o

Obviously, another phobia of mine is proof-reading. (I mean to say that I dreamt of fish in my bed -- not in my head. Sheesh!)

o

OK, one inquiring mind wants to know - what constitutes a 'gory fish encounter'?

o

You're really gonna force me to relive a childhood trauma? Well .......

I remember being in a department store - back when department stores were just that, and this particular one had a pet department. I was almost counter-height myself, just barely tall enough to peer over the top of one. I was running my hand along a counter that was piled with "sale" merchandise, and I encountered something that felt quite odd ... picked it up, and to my kiddie-horror, it was a dead fish. (Oooooh, yeah! It's on sale!)

When I was probably 8 or 9 years old, my Grandad took me fishing. I caught 17 small fish, and I'm still not sure why we didn't just throw 'em back, but we didn't. We took them home, and gave them to my Grannie, who decided to make "fish stew" for their German Shepherd. I guess she thought the things were dead, as she put them in a large pot and proceeded to boil them (or something), but they came to life and began trashing violently inside the pot. Oh gawd. When she lifted the lid, it was soup alright -- with eyeballs floating on the surface. Now, I know that neither of my grandparents were cruel people, and would never have done anything to purposely torture a fish (or a child), but for whatever reason it happened.

Probably doesn't sound like such a biggie now, but I'm still creeped out. Even after all these years.

o

Holy cr@p...I remember that ant!

Ok, new phobia.
Thanks a lot vgkg.

o

I want to participate but I keep talking so much smack about some the people in the neighborhood and I'd really prefer not dying over this.

o

Well auntjen - those are horrible experiences. I don't blame you. Sometimes the oddest things stick in our memories. You could probably overcome that phobia though - with a bit of therapy. It is a shame you don't swim for instance - you don't know what you are missing.

o

I heard about those old time department stores, Jen is lucky to remember them. That was a long time ago.

o

Geeeeeez Clay - more ribbing about older women.

Many middle age and older women have much going for them - we are reliable, sexually experienced, more relaxed with a sense of humor, keepers of the family connectivity, often financially stable, and have a rich memory of many things good and bad to share. We are not wallpaper.

o

"Wallpaper"
Hmmm, you gonna have to explain that to me.

And are you saying that younger women are unreliable, sexually inept, uptight, humourless, wasteful and have nothing of value to share?

No wonder my life was hell 25 years ago....

o

"Many middle age and older women have much going for them - we are reliable, sexually experienced, more relaxed with a sense of humor, keepers of the family connectivity, often financially stable, and have a rich memory of many things good and bad to share. We are not wallpaper."

I don't know about the "we".....

but that's me spot on.

Clay: That's me back then too ;-)

o

I also had a traumatic experience in a Department tore as a child.
Gimbels in center city Philadelphia, in the book dept - I think I was about 9 or 9.
I was walking in an aisle, looking for a book, and this man came up to me, unzipped his fly and whipped his big thang out. I had never seen one before...and never said a word to my Grandmother who was in the next aisle.
But, I remember.

o

Those are strange phobias.

ALL phobias, by definition, are strange.

I mean to say that I dreamt of fish in my bed

Jen, you've watched The Godfather one too many times!!

There's absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how or why some seemingly innocuous incidents won't matter to some, and will traumatise others. Maybe it's all about our past lives, as Sylvia Browne thinks! :-)

o

I knew it was only a matter of time before this thread went well... the way all the threads on hot topics go... off topic :o)

o

"And are you saying that younger women are unreliable, sexually inept, uptight, humourless, wasteful and have nothing of value to share?"

No. Just because I said something good about older women doesn't mean I said younger women are the direct opposite. Don't put those words in my mouth please. Thank you.

o

Depends how cute they are. LMAO

o

"Geeeeeez Clay - more ribbing about older women."

Huh? Where?

Not to put anything in your mouth...
so what exactly do you think of young women? And what do you mean by 'young'? You were referring to middle aged and older women. Only.

o

Maddie,
If you are asking me, I don't know.

If you are asking comattose, I don't want to put anything at all into her mouth.

o

OK, here I am:

I'll be 50 in a few months, and yes, I am "reliable, sexually experienced, more relaxed with a sense of humor, and financially stable."

I have no phobias of fish, bees, climbing trees, or Hillary.

o

Way to be uxorial!

o

Beautiful! You go girl!

o

Lady, you sure's hell don't LOOK 50!!

o

Mon, Dec 3, 07 at 10:06

Ageism?

I know more than a few stunning 50, 60 and beyond women who look every bit their age. Beauty doesn't have an expiration date.

o

'beauty doesn't have an expiration date'---

Isnt that the truth. I have always been attracted to older women, how I ended up marrying one my age, I dont know? Now, at age 60, I guess I more appreciate a woman neared my age. I dont need a young girl on my arm to impress my friends. I think my wife at 60 is way better looking than many younger women, tho it doesnt come easy for her, she walks a lot, eats properly an has pride in her appearance.

o

Me (35-ish) in Grad School in early 1990's relaxing with a beverage.

Me recent (50-ish) - now a respectable cog in the wheel.

o

``I know more than a few stunning 50, 60 and beyond women who look every bit their age''
Well,maybe a 15yr old might thank you but past that its not really smooth talking.
Coarse I might have missed the subtlety.

o

Awww, thanks guys. I am fortunate to have good genes, and I've always stayed out of the sun (like any redhead should!) and have never smoked. Whenever someone asks how old I am, I often tell them I'm several years older (rather than younger, like most women do). My reasoning is this: If I'm 50 and I tell people I'm 60, they'll think I look fabulous for my age. But if I'm 50 and tell them I'm 40, they'll be thinking "my gosh, she looks so old for 40." BTW, I always "fess up" later and admit my true age.

kwoods--I agree that beauty doesn't have an expiration date, but I think I'm quickly approaching my "best before" date. :)

fancifowl--my husband would totally agree with you! He's always liked older women. He's nine years younger than I am!

o

Mon, Dec 3, 07 at 12:35

KT, yeah, but you look subversively respectable. Do you remember what you were singing in the first pic? Just curious.

o

I don't remember. Its generally not like me to sing in the first place.

o

Do you remember what you were singing in the first pic?

Don't bogart that joint, my friend!

:-)

uxorial--

I think I'm quickly approaching my "best before" date.

That's a riot!!

o

kingturtle - if you don't mind my asking, what did you study in grad school?

o

Got an MA in Anthropology with emphasis in archeology (New World). I was an archeologist for many years before and after Grad School, but left the field 15 years ago to work in natural resource management and more recently public health.

o

Ah, what a treat to see KT's smiling face! One of my favorite Hot Topics posters, for sure.

And Uxorial -- Indeed you do not look anywhere close to 50. Or, at least, if that's what 50 does look like, I'll have what you're drinking. ;-)

o

I'm not the smallest nor yet the largest of this trio:

(and don't forget that guts look bigger on camera!)

o

kingturtle - wow...how very interesting!

o

I'm stunned at how poor my minds eye is! worse than the one I use to see what I'm typing.

o

Actually, KT looks a lot like what I had imagined. Of course, I've had years worth of clues (and ancestral photos)to build up a composite. Auntjen I had imagined as an ole aunty - boy was that wrong! Kwoods I didn't have much of an image for - somebody sharp and face-less, probably female. Bill, in the other thread looks a lot like I thought also - but that doesn't include your latest sixty pounds, does it? C'mon, now, let's have the real dope.

o
RE: This Be Me

Personal circumstances must have some influence. I know a man by the nake of Kieth woods who had to influence my image of Hot topics Kwoods;

Another friend, prbably the most liberal person i know is balding w/ red hair & wire rim specs, and a bit of a belly roll for sure influence my vision of KT. I could believe some of KTs writings here make them the same person.
some times I just form no opinion but aunt Jen did seem as she should be graying with her hair in a bun and a cookbook in her lap, and ohiomom would just be a smiling, happy type, carrying a mug of coffee everywhere she goes??

o

Better? ;-)

o

Yeah, there you be, AntB!

We went through Mayberry a couple weeks ago. Way sleepier even than on the show. Andy is the only business in town, naturally.

o

Check it -- "Aunt Bee (er Auntjen) gets a tattoo!" (Not a gynecological exam, as it may appear at first glance ...)

o

Oh, that's too funny Jen. Right after you posted the Aunt Bee photo, I typed in a response that said, "Come on, Jen, show us your ink!" Then I deleted it and didn't submit it, figuring if you wanted to show your tats, you would.

How many do you have? And what's that on your arm?

o

LOL! I have **gasp!** nine tats now ... well, ten if you count one that's been covered up. And I plan to get more (whoever said it's addictive knew exactly what they were talking about)! The photo above depicts my first real inking experience -- the "lizard thang" on my arm is one of the fake henna beachy/tourist tats. ;-)

o

"nine tats". Sounds like you're a cat or something.

o

Me again, I think I posted this earlier on one of the other threads where it drifted onto motorcycles or something.

o

WOW ! I didn't realize this thread had taken off ... lots of good looking folks on this forum :)

FF ... ya got the coffee right ... LOL ! Lots to be happy about, life is good.

o

Jen,
Is that really you getting a tattoo?

You don't look old at all.

Well maybe a little.

But I bet you weren't shallow or unreliable, inept at anything like that when you were young either.

Tattoo pictures are very interesting, (hint hint)

o

No tattoo pictures til you post your mug. Hippie.

o

You wanna trade?
My naked pic for yours.

Online or email.

You Chicken.

o

Alright everyone ... Clay sent me nekkid pics and now I'm blind.

(Or can I say that? Is that somehow akin to misappropriating "decapitated"?)

o

Shouldn't that be "visually impaired"? Let's keep it PC. ;)

Are you going to post those pix? Or do they need heavy Photoshopping first? (I swear the photo of me is untouched!)

o

I am a gentleman. I do not discuss what ladies do.

I can confess I feel pretty astounded though.

o

o

Jen,
You have teeth in this one!!

o

Hahahahahahaha!
OK - ya got me with that one!

o

Jen, I am very sorry to have blurted out that you have no teeth.

I should have been more circumspect about it. It was just so surprising.

You made me blush....

o

At least I have kitchen cabinets.
;-)~

o
Assemply required.

So do I, some assembly required.

o

That pic looks like Lucy went BLOND!! LMAO

o

This is me a week ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: me

o

Hi Althea! What does Redwing mean?

o

Hi Swanz! Redwing is a pretty little town south of the Twin Cities on the Mississippi mostly known for ceramic crockery, Fiestaware, and shoes.

o

I thought Swanz would be familiar with Redwing- Redwing Reform school. Dylan wrote a song about Redwing many years ago... see link

Here is a link that might be useful: Walls of Redwing

o

I thought it had to do with that pretty little bird.

o

Very nice, Althea. :-)

This one's a little more updated of me-- from last september when a good friend who's an author on tile installation (the guy in the middle-- John Bridge) was doing an RV around the country trip stopped here in Maine. I'm the one on the left:

Photobucket

o

Hey Bill, did you ever get on that fishing show?

o

No. Actually Charlie asked me about it the beginning of this season, and I told him I had other priorities right now, that maybe once things straighten out with the economy we could do something. We do stay in contact, but for right now, I've got other things that are a little more important. Matter of fact, you want to hear a shocker? I've only been fishing once this year. I've already skipped 3 scheduled tournaments, because work needed to get done.

o

You're in demand, that's a good thing in today's economy.

o

Amen to that.

o

Bump

o

That was a cool picture of you Don. Not at all what I expected and I mean that in a good way :)

Fun thread.

o

Don, are you still doing tree work in So.Cal?

Amazing number of absent posters from 4 years ago.

o

Yes, I trimmed an olive tree today and have at least a week worth of work for this customer. Thanks Silver, that was one of the last really big trees I trimmed. The body rebels at a certain point. Concentrating on small trees and consulting. I am giving the ladder to my step son to use in his masonry business, some chimneys are tall.

o

I had to come over here and try to keep conversations going since everyone is worried about it dying.

Me and the LF at our favorite place, doing our favorite thing. Relaxing after swimming all day. At the lake. Boy he looks like his daddy. My hair, my freckles, the rest him :)

o

I'll play :) This was in June, at a cousin's wedding. She had a photobooth. That's me and my dad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Rob and SS, you're both so pretty and so young! :)

o

Well thanks Demi, but I'm 44. Is that young?

Silver, you and your dad are a hoot! That's southernspeak for really enjoyably funny.

o

Thanks Demi :)

Rob, we're two peas in a pod :)

o

Rob, you must be kidding. ;)

You don't look it.

o

Great genes! Most people guess at least 10 years younger.

That reminds me. When Ping was leaving, he was always so kind, and a great scientist, he told me how he appreciated the help and that he and Ling would keep in touch. He also told me, when he first saw me, he thought Dr. R hired a "young" secretary. He said it in such a way, that just made me laugh! I guess he figured out I was there for more reasons than that. Seemed that way. Well, I'd certainly earned his respect.

:)

o

Man, this thread's been around the park a time or two!! This is as updated as it gets-- two weeks ago, me and my bassin!

Photobucket

o

Hey Bill, you've lost some weight, so it seems.

o

Bill, you're going about this all wrong. If you hold the fish straight out away from you at arms length, the fish will look bigger when they take the snap.

o

Tile Guys hold 'em close

o

Marshall-- no, I've just redistributed it. :-) Literally working my butt off until the last week since april.

David-- with a 6 1/2 pound bass, no NEED to. :-) That's the biggest bass I've caught since I moved back up north.

o

A most impressive catch! And did your wife enjoy cleaning it? ;-)

o

Nnope-- all my bass fishing is catch and release. But for the record, when I come home with trout or salmon, or ANY kind of fish, I clean it, and I'M the cook for the night! :-)

o

cracking up...:) Looking good, Bill!

o

Watch out for the Asian carp...

o

No flying carp up this way. :-)

Hey Maggie-- I make a KILLER salmon fillet!! A little salt and pepper, some minced garlic, a couple of tomato slices, and a fork!! Good stuff!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here