Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
James O' Keefe Should Be Arrested Again

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 0:38

Robert William Beaulieu is 23-years-old, lives in Nashua, New Hampshire, and is a registered Democrat. He's also very much not dead.
In his attempt to show the potential of voter fraud he has inadvertently engaged in identity theft. Maybe yes maybe no.
He wanted a Dead Robert Beaulieu but the identity he stole was a living one.
This punk needs to finally go to jail he's been coddled long enough.

Idiots!

Nashua City Clerk Paul] Bergeron said this morning he believes the filmmakers may have committed a federal crime, as well, if they crossed state lines to record the undercover video, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

“It’s against the law to steal, so if you go out and steal and then put up a video and say, ‘Look, I stole something,’ that’s a crime. What these people did was a crime; they stole a person’s identity and used it to ty to obtain a ballot that would be used in a state election,” said Bergeron.

“They recorded it without election officials’ knowledge, which apears to be a violation of our New Hampshire wiretapping codes, and some of these are out of state residents, so I don’t know if violations of wiretapping or ID theft could hold up in court, but if they crossed state lines to commit these crimes, it may be a federal crime as well. This is serious; we won’t tolerate voter fraud, regardless of what the intent might be,” Bergeron said.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: James O' Keefe Should Be Arrested Again

Who stole what from whom? Who is "they?"

o

Voter fraud + identity theft.

Here's the nutshell:

But the crux of the O'Keefe sting, which apparently cost over $50,000, is that dead voters shouldn't have been on the voting rolls and that anyone could be voting on their behalf without a voter ID law in place. Robert W. Beaulieu, being a living New Hampshire resident who's been voting since he turned 18, should have been on the voting rolls.

How come dead people are still on the voting rolls? While eligible to vote people aren't? Wait!.... The real Robert W. Beaulieu is a) young b) educated c) a registered Democrat - maybe that's why.

And, but of course, the original tapes were manipulated:

Here is a link that might be useful: Source.

o

James O'Keefe is a punk and a nitwit. He already had a felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor and I hope this time the judge isn't so lenient when he gets prosecuted for voter fraud. You can't commit a crime and then point to that crime and say, see, I told you there was crime! I also hope they find the criminal who ran away when the poll worker realized that that person wasn't who he said he was.

o

Of course, Nashua City Clerk Paul Bergeron is busy trying to intimidate the film makers instead of purging the voter rolls of dead people.

Can't wait for him to repeat his demand that O'Keefe and associates prosecuted. The cat is out of the bag now, so if he wants to draw attention to how easily one can cast a fraudulent vote, it works for me.

Folks who didn't know how negligent states are by not having photo ID to protect the integrity of their election system undoubtedly understand it better now. If Bergeron wants to highlight the need for photo ID, I suggest he begin preparations to prosecute without delay. Let's see what it gets him.

o

I don't know the details, but what is the interval between someone dying and the rolls being purged of that particular person? Would you expect that the rolls be purged within two weeks of death, 3 or six? Wouldn't there be some requirement on that?

o

I can tell you what the interval between someone dying and the rolls being purged of that particular person--very very short.

The funeral home turns in death notification to the state. My husband died just before an election; I was still in shock basically when I went to vote and there was his name with a big line crossed through it and printed--DECEASED. I about fainted, it was so finite.

o

Nik he stole a living persons identity! Breaking the law is ok in the service of an ideological dispute?

o

Keep your eye on the prize, here. Voter fraud is a felony crime. You go to jail, pay a nasty fine, lose your right to vote, pack a gun, etc.

Which is why those hordes of illegal immygrants and thousands of crafty democrats rushing to vote for Obama is a crock.

o

there was his name with a big line crossed through it

Very much a shock, yes.

These days our rolls are online - the person uses a computer to look up the record. Electronic updates could make it very quick indeed.

But I agree that the whole premise of this exercise was false since the name used was that of a living person. Of course the name would be found on the list.

o

Let me get this straight... to prove that the crime in question exists, this idiot actually went out and perpetrated the crime he's been whining about? He couldn't find proof in the form of the real crime being committed, so he provided his own proof by committing the crime?

What a prize... that just takes the cake.

o

Its important that O'Keefe be prosecuted to the full extent of the law otherwise it will encourage the very crime he is bravely trying to root out. I think we owe him that much for exposing this vulnerability. What a patriot.

o

Demi, so sorry. That is harsh.

o

I can remember years ago...just about everyone was against a national ID card. "Your papers please!" It was so 'foreign'. Now conservatives are demanding them?

I get my ballot through the mail anyway. In California we get the absentee ballots 2-3 weeks before the election and I mail mine in the very next day so on election night mine are already tallied AND there's a paper trail on my vote.

They won't do anything to this little cretin. The living Mr. Robert Beaulieu went to the VT Atty General's office and he said they didn't seem interested in his story. Now that the media has got hold of it, they seem to be 'interested'.

-Ron-

o

Anyone Googled ACORN and voter fraud lately?

No?

I thought so.

o
RE2: James O' Keefe Should Be Arrested Again

Anyone Googled ELECTION fraud?

Someone compared voter fraud to the neighborhood bully and election fraud to the state-wide serial killer.

What we went through in 2000 was an election fraud.

-Ron-

o

And... there it is... right on cue... the red herring AND today's outrage slash talking point... all in one fell swoop.

Google election fraud for the real facts, and forget about the Faux bogeymen for a while.

o

Registration fraud is not the same as voter fraud. Registration fraud is when they register mickey mouse and the whole line up of the Dallas Cowboys. They don't vote.

In this case, the guy tried to vote under false pretenses, and thats a felony.

o

Pay no attention -- they very well know that they're spreading lies. As if anyone would still fall for them...

Isn't O'Keefe still on probation? There are also allegations of sexual harrassment against that criminal.

And I still want to know who ordered them to break into Senator Landrieu's office.

o

I have a hard time believing that O'Keefe is pulling these stunts without some sort of assurance regarding the consequences - or rather lack of consequences. He couldn't be that ignorant of what he is doing and still be able to breathe.

o

He is still on probation did he have permission to leave the jurisdiction he lives in.
Punk needs to model something orange he beyond cute.
Cant believe this clown got permission to go to New Hampshire & one of my AA sponsees can't get permission to go on a sober spiritual retreat.

o

This, of course, violates both federal and state law and now has the Republican mayor of one New Hampshire town calling for O'Keefe's arrest and felony prosecution.

o

"Nik he stole a living persons identity!"

Horrors!!!

Fortunately, he stole that ID just long enough to demonstrate how a lack of photo ID facilitates voter fraud.

I doubt he's losing any sleep over being prosecuted. He set out to educate folks about our lax system, and that's when people finally saw for themselves how serious this problem is.

His prosecution will keep the story alive. It may even cause a few thoughtful people to wonder why the MSM didn't expose how easy it is to vote illegally a long time ago.

Carry on, James.

o

Horrors!!! (lol) I love your selective outrage it matches my own in only in reverse.
What was nasty little punk thing tyring to teach us in Louisiana?

o

Let me get this straight. You're already registered, you're on their books. You've done the same thing for years, if not decades...and HISTORICALLY there has been no requirement for an ID. But now:
...that's when people finally saw for themselves how serious this problem is.

It's been pretty well known that voter fraud is not a serious problem. From what I've read, it's extremely rare. Historically it has never been a problem, so what's made it a problem now?

Election fraud is a problem. But we're talking about voter fraud. What kind of ID is acceptable? Driver's license? State identity card? Perhaps we should start mandating national identity cards. Would that suit you Nikoleta? Hey, we're on a slippery slope to somewhere dangerous anyway.

I see it as voter disenfranchisement by an extremist segment of society...desperate to win at any cost (including our freedoms). The Republican Party has become DESPERATE.

-Ron-

o

Well it might become a topic about voter registration or voter fraud but this really was bait for those who would approve of the thug.
Some people prefer the police state & big government.
When will we move to DNA Voting ID can be falsified right?
Theres another bill coming down the pike that will permit the Gov to strip Usians of their citizenship make it easier to keep the detained or to kill them.
Nah this was always about this creep & getting off the hook in Louisiana about being above the law again.
I always show an ID when I vote even though the person I usually see at the polls live on the 4th floor of my apartment building.
I like my ducks in a row my quid pro quo & my equal protection under the (what a joke US laws)

o

Nika and her authoritarian friends in low places will keep an eye on liberal misdeeds while extolling similar deeds done by reactionaries.

o

Well I've never seen it so obvious before so I'm happy this post achieved something other than a minor baiting rant.

o

Its not the true O'keefe unless he then edits/fakes the film to make it appear that he went in there dressed like a zombie, cuts and pastes the audio so it sounds like the election judge told him how to cheat the system and handed him a list of the recently deceased so that he can vote their names, 120,000 times.

o

he stole that ID just long enough

Now that's a novel defense.

But your Honor, I only did it for a teensy while...

o

"Perhaps we should start mandating national identity cards. Would that suit you Nikoleta?"

No need. Just show the same photo ID you need to drive, write a check or get on an airplane.

o

Hypocrites! Obviously the conservatives defending O'Keefe care about voter id fraud only to the extent it can be used to suppress the Democratic vote. They don't actually care for the rule of law.

o

"Talking Points Memo thinks that James O'Keefe will, once again, walk away from this. That opinion is based on the way O'Keefe operates. People come to him with ideas, such as filing fraudulent applications for Medicaid, and he sort of approves of the idea, but never in such a way that it appears he's solicited the action. Plausible deniability at its best. But, O'Keefe had foreknowledge of this plan and was the one who distributed the videos. He may not be guilty of actually committing the fraud, or of soliciting the fraud, but it should be possible to get him on multiple charges of conspiracy at commit fraud. Then, there are these little provisions in New Hampshire law about knowing that voter fraud has been committed and not reporting it to law enforcement or the town or state election boards. That's called a "gotcha."
I'll try to stay on topic even if it is bait.

o

"Obviously the conservatives defending O'Keefe care about voter id fraud only to the extent it can be used to suppress the Democratic vote."

Photo ID is neutral. The rules apply to everyone, regardless of party. Photo ID simply confirms that the person who shows up to vote is entitled to receive a ballot. The only votes it has the power to "suppress" are the ones that shouldn't be cast in the first place.

O'Keefe set out to demonstrate why we need photo ID, and that's what he did.

o

You're all for states rights until you are against them. Doesn't the state of NH have the right to decide how it wants to conduct an election?

o

Felony is a felony is a felony

o

Only when it's 'they' and 'them'.

We're waiting.

o

Not quite sure he got it right.

o

"Doesn't the state of NH have the right to decide how it wants to conduct an election?"

Absolutely. ALL states should decide for themselves. Now that NH has seen how carelessly ballots are handed out, I expect NH voters to look to their electeds to make photo ID a requirement. I also look for the USDOJ to try to prevent the people of NH from passing any laws to protect the integrity of their elections, just as it is doing in other states. Never mind that the Supreme Court is OK with photo ID.

FTA: "The relevant burdens here are those imposed on eligible voters who lack photo identification cards that comply with SEA 483. Because Indiana's cards are free, the inconvenience of going to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, gathering required documents, and posing for a photograph does not qualify as a substantial burden on most voters right to vote, or represent a significant increase over the usual burdens of voting. The severity of the somewhat heavier burden that may be placed on a limited number of personse.g., elderly persons born out-of-state, who may have difficulty obtaining a birth certificate is mitigated by the fact that eligible voters without photo identification may cast provisional ballots that will be counted if they execute the required affidavit at the circuit court clerk's office."

Photo ID is a reasonable and simple way to facilitate all kinds of transactions. My late mother was legally blind, yet she managed to get photo ID in Washington State two decades ago, so she could write checks. Never once did she complain that it was a burden. The SCOTUS says states have a legitimate interest in preventing voter fraud, whether or not there is documentation of it occurring in a particular state. It has occurred in some states, and that is sufficient to demonstrate the risk is real.

"The first is the interest in deterring and detecting voter fraud. Indiana has a valid interest in participating in a nationwide effort to improve and modernize election procedures criticized as antiquated and inefficient. Indiana also claims a particular interest in preventing voter fraud in response to the problem of voter registration rolls with a large number of names of persons who are either deceased or no longer live in Indiana. While the record contains no evidence that the fraud SEA 483 addresses "in-person voter impersonation at polling places" has actually occurred in Indiana, such fraud has occurred in other parts of the country, and Indiana’s own experience with voter fraud in a 2003 mayoral primary demonstrates a real risk that voter fraud could affect a close election’s outcome."

Here is a link that might be useful: SCOTUS: Photo ID addresses a real risk

o

Now that NH has seen how carelessly ballots are handed out, I expect NH voters to look to their electeds to make photo ID a requirement. That wasn't their reaction at all. They were offended that this little pishiker tried to create problems where there weren't any.

o

Defending a criminal what else is new.

We're waiting.

o

..... the inconvenience of going to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, gathering required documents, and posing for a photograph does not qualify as a substantial burden on most voters right to vote, or represent a significant increase over the usual burdens of voting."

And getting preached to on the sidewalk, as the lines go out the door.

A lot of the states, and particularly those with this draconian ideology/mis-belief that massive voter fraud is taking place when there is no, none, nada evidence to show it, have also drastically cut back on the state personnel that issues drivers licenses and ID's, and the state personnel that issues the birth certificate copies, researches the files for those who don't have one, etc.

So the line at the birth certificate place, then the line at the DMV. Spend a day in each, unless the birth certificate place tells you "I'm sorry, you need to tell us which county you were born in, and the date", addressing an 80 yr old lady in a wheelchair, born in the Depression on a farm in Oklahoma.

Keeping in mind that those w/o the ID are often infirm, elderly, obviously and ill equipped to deal with this.

Reminds me of the reduced health screening clinics they hold here annually, where the line stretches out the door of the gym and 1/4 mile down the block, while we pretend that our health care system is affordable and accessible.

o

Perhaps O'Keefe should have sent his operatives to the Iowa Caucus. Santorum wins and the Republican party calls it a tie.

"It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here