Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Biden starts his campaign!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 4:29

He uses the inauguration to wine and dine the gov of New Hampshire and the Iowa caucus people. Way to go, Joe! You've got my vote and surely most of the HT posters...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Biden starts his campaign!

Will he promise to continue to be a war president like Obama? If so, I'm sure the Democrats can support his agenda.

btw,

The dance is over. The gown is in storage. The alcohol has been dumped in the urinal.

It's time for Obama to put up or shut up about same sex marriage; no more perpetual war (as he strikes in Yemen on inauguration day); and get sincere about climate change.

Is he all talk on the big day? I think so. Lofty ideals until reality smacks him.

o

Well, at least you should have enjoyed Michelle's new hair style...

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 7:35

Obama's spokesperson has already backed away from same sex marriage, saying it is a "state" issue and as far as climate change? Who knows.

Talk about the leaders of the world fiddling while Rome burns.

They all promise us what we want to hear, and yes reality is that we will get some but not all.

o

Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 7:36

Oops sorry tobr, as to the OP ... the UsofA is in a "perpetual state of campaign"

o

At least he didn't make a false promise to stop the extrajudicial killings around the world, or the high unemployment, or promise to throw out the lobbyists.

I can go on..but...it falls on deaf ears.

o

Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 7:59

None of them will make that promise Brush ... :( And unfortunately there are people on "both sides of the aisle" who support drone killing. The lobbyist "own them".

o

Or a chicken in every pot...

o

uh uh, don't diss Huey tobr!

o

Well, then, "What this country needs is a good five cent cigar..."

o

Meh...

We'll see.

o

OMom,

Obama blows hot air about global warming.

New data proves that the climate crisis is getting worse--but Barack Obama is committed to saving corporate profits before protecting the environment.

I should start a thread on Hot Air.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Air

o

Obama has done more for gay rights than any other president in our history. Setting an agenda and vision is necessary but you don't move mountains by yourself and without the will of the people. His long game has proven brilliant to this point.

Some people are never happy a d sounds like sour grapes. What Obama has accomplished in 4 years is staggering.

Biden would be a great president.

o

I thought all your threads were Hot Air.

o

LOL

o

Some here on HT will be ready to "snort" and "hoot" regarding my question but I am sincere. Would any of you Dems actually vote for Biden for Pres? Putting aside the fact that Biden and I agree on very little politically, I've never thought the man was very smart nor had any class and he has more than proven the later during the last four years. The stunt he pulled when Tyrone Woods was killed though thoroughly disgusted me with him. For those of you not aware, he asked Tyrone's Father "has you son always had balls the size of cue balls?" How could anyone in his right mind make a comment like that to a grieving Father. I understand the gist of the question but what a crude way to put it..........typical Biden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Typical Biden

o

Would any of you Dems actually vote for Biden for Pres?

I would wait and see what his proposals and platform were, and then look at who is running against him, and look at their proposals and platforms, and then see how they differ on taxes, foreign policy, defense spending, education, health care, etc.

Then if Biden were to have the better proposals, I'd vote for him.

o

I agree with david. If he had the platform, beliefs, proposals and I felt he was the best candidate I could support, I would have no qualms voting for him

You may not think he is "smart" as you put it or "class", but he towers in both intelligence, class, compassion than any Republican that was running in the primaries during the last election cycle and their chosen candidate was just as much of a disaster as the rest of the GOP wanna be's.

As a matter of fact, can't think of a Republican in a heck of a long time that I would put above Joe Biden as a candidate.

o

I believe many totally underestimate Joe because of his out going, fun loving nature.

The man is HUGELY respected by both sides of the aisle in Washington. He is know to be a man who can broker a deal and get things done....not easy in Washington.

He understands service, one of the few "up there" with a son in the military. He is a man of faith and character.

His temperament is right for the job and his experience is legion but could he garner the type of support necessary to hold the WH another 4-8 years...... dunno. Lots would depend on who was on the other side...someone like Ryan amd he's a shoe in.

o

Biden certainly towers above ANY of the GOP candidates in the last 20 years. He has an out there personality but don't underestimate his intelligence. He's been in congress since he was 29. I would certainly not take the word of an obviously right wing guy who's son was killed. If he was on Glenn Beck , nothing more needs to be said.

That said, he'd be my second choice. I'm pushing for Hillary all the way. Especially since she held her own today against the crazy GOP men.

o

don't think I could vote for Biden unless maybe the other choice was totally unaceptable and it would still be hard. As well as being very crude, the man seems to open his mouth and let fly without thinking which in my opinion could be a little dangerous as President. There are some Reps that I feel the same about though so it's JMHO.

lily"""""""" He's been in congress since he was 29. Iwould certainly not take the word of an obviously right wing guy who's son was killed."

The fact that the man has been in congress doesn't prove his intelligence to me........maybe the lack of same by those who voted for him.

lily, I don't believe a father who just lost his son is going to be thinking politics and lie about Biden saying something like this to him. And what does his being on the Glen Beck show have to do with it? Your comment is almost as bad as Biden's.......where is that compassion that you always brag about lily? Appears to me that the hatred oozing out of so many of your post must have covered it up..

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 17:36

Joe is cool with me, he may occasionally act nutty, but he's no nut.

o

Because Glenn Beck is a whack -o. I have sympathy for the man who's son was killed, but he's obviously unqualified to say Obama was not affected by these deaths. His interpretation because of his political views doesn't make it so. Obama is a very compassionate man. So is Biden and both have done WAY more for the military than Bush and his cronies ever did. .

o

o

Lady Brat--you told only half the story about the White House meeting with the family of Tyrone Woods who died at Benghazi.

Here is what the mother of Tyrone Woods said about that same meeting--and please note: This snippet is from your own link that you posted above.

[The father's] recollection of the reception differs sharply from that of Tyrone's mother, who last month took to Facebook to praise the officials who organised the event.

Writing about the repatriation of her son's body, Cheryl Croft Bennett said: . . . .
'Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged, and, yes, even kissed by the President of the United States. Along with the President, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell.

'They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son.'

Interesting that the father, who radiates hostility about anything and everything to do with the Obama/Biden administration, interpreted everything negatively, while the mother who seems to have no bone to pick with Obama/Biden had nothing but praise and gratitude to express.

I notice, however, that Mom had a different name than Dad did--divorced? Maybe that article gives a hint at why Mom wanted to divorce Dad? Just maybe?

At any rate, Lady Brat, you obviously omitted half the story.

Kate

o

Thank you Kate. Of course Brat would leave out the most important part of the story to spread HER partisan views. Anyone who's in with Glenn Beck is a far right wing nut.

His mother's story tells it like it really was because ALL the many stories of Obama meeting families who are grieving are the same.

o

the man seems to open his mouth and let fly without thinking which in my opinion could be a little dangerous as President.

Then it must follow that you did not vote for Romney?

Only 1/2 the story? Shocker.

o

This could be his campaign video!

PS....sense of humor required.

Here is a link that might be useful: BLR

o

Land, the videos on that site were all funny to me--in part. The silliness was fun. For me they would have been a hoot if the vulgar stuff was left out. It was sort of like listening to a comedy routine that's really funny, but the comedian swears a lot and spoils it. Some of Jamie Foxx's stuff comes to mind. Anyway, the Herman Cain one was my personal favorite ;D

Thanks; I think.

o

What a stupid link! If that means I've a deficient sense of humor, well, thank goodness! I'll celebrate that! I couldn't even watch it all the way through.

Meanwhile, I have funnier things to do--like wash the kitchen floor.

Kate

o

Doesn't mean you have a deficient sense of humor...just a different one!

No offense intended Kate, I think the videos are incredibly clever and hilarious. Since the video is set up as a campaign type ad I thought it was fitting.

o

I'm with Kate. That was the most stupid thing I ever viewed. If this is funny, I pity those who think it is. What garbage, and I'd say the same if it was a Republican.

o

In general the Bad Lip Reading videos are pretty clever. I saw a hilarious football one the other day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here