Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 10:36

I left it alone yesterday when it was in so many papers & on Huff PO.
Just the story got more ridiculousness today.
Monsignor Kevin Wallin was selling upwards of $9000 a week in meth amphetamine & was laundering money through a sex shop he was running.
Talk about going off your rocker!

Wallin was charged with conspiracy to distribute 500 grams or more of a mixture and substance containing methamphetamine and 50 grams of actual methamphetamine and six counts of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
He faces a minimum prison term of 10 years and a maximum prison term of life and a fine up to $10 million on the conspiracy count and a maximum term of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million on each of the possession charges.

"Wallin's arrest sent shock waves through the Bridgeport and Danbury communities where he was known as a charismatic speaker who was involved in many charitable activities, and who enjoyed Broadway musicals and show tunes. He often attended musicals with his mentor, former N.Y. Cardinal Edward Egan and parishioners."

"While pastor of St. Augustine's, sources said he often disappeared for days at a time; and rectory personnel became concerned and notified diocese officials when Wallin, sometimes dressed as a woman, would entertain odd-looking men, some who were also dressed in women's clothing and engaging in sex acts. In addition, diocese officials found bizarre sex toys in Wallin's residence, the sources said. Diocese officials consulted lawyers about the situation and were assured none of Wallin's behavior appeared illegal."

Couldn't help the title a flash back to an 11 year old studying to be an altar cynic!

Here is a link that might be useful: So Long Faddah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam

rectory personnel became concerned and notified diocese officials when Wallin, sometimes dressed as a woman, would entertain odd-looking men, some who were also dressed in women's clothing and engaging in sex acts. In addition, diocese officials found bizarre sex toys in Wallin's residence, the sources said. Diocese officials consulted lawyers about the situation and were assured none of Wallin's behavior appeared illegal."

Smacks forehead!

Isn't there something about celibacy and the priesthood? Setting an example for the parishioners?

o

well he was suspended but no one knew where he went after that & he was being paid a stipend.
I'm kind of figuring this didn't happen over night and why he wasn't originally sent off to Sr Mary Martin's sanitarium for a rest.
I know a few recovering drug addict priests who weren't pastors let alone aids to a Cardinal. Meth makes you just a little bit psycho from lack of sleep!~

o

That is positively eyebrow-raising!

It's hard to know what to say - I'm speechless!

o

actual headline:

"Cross-dressing meth priest liked sex in rectory"

which very likely just inspired the next generation of journalists

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

I'm assuming you are giving extra credit for the correct spelling of "rectory".

o

Most journalists would give their left arm for a headline like that.
My favourite, though likely apocryphal, was about a woman who castrated her husband, Oliver, on Christmas Eve and then nailed his private parts to the wall. The headline as written, was "She decked the halls with balls of Ollie."
However, I have been able to present my husband, who collects headlines, with the one about the priest.

o

Well he disappeared in 2011 and was still receiving a paycheck. I sure hope they have good forensic accountants meth eats up the cash big time and really pulls folks down into a lower strata in the drug culture most meth heads are psychotic in a short period of time from sleep deprivation.
there's a lot of money in Fairfield!

o

Any comment I'd give would be construed as anti-christian... so, I'll let the hypocrisy stand on its own...

o

It is so blatant that it almost needs no comment, doesn't it, jodi!

Kate

o

And people wonder why I walked... no, ran... away from organized religion.

o

And people wonder why I walked... no, ran... away from organized religion.

Just means you're not into cross-dressing and meth! ;0)

o

What I'm not into is hypocrisy. :-)

o

I'm kind of figuring this didn't happen over night and why he wasn't originally sent off to Sr Mary Martin's sanitarium for a rest.

Dang! I didn't know Mary Martin was made a saint. I can appreciate the show tunes but I didn't realize they were that popular with the Catholic hierarchy.

Now I'm finding out the pope has his own personal 'eye candy'.

-Ron-

o

The more articles of this caliber Joe posts... and there seems to be a never ending supply... the more I'm convinced no god exists... and I'm more amazed than ever that people calling themselves logical can buy into the organization of religion. Churches of today keep proving their worth through stories such as this one.

o

That's Sister Mary Martin not saint! I would have passed it was just in the Daily news Huffington post & the story was getting stranger & will probably be both sad & a hoot when finished with it's trial.

o

I'm glad that no children were raped. For once.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here