Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELL Yeah!

Posted by bill_vincent Central Maine (billvincent@hotmail.com) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 14:22

It's about time they got this guy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ray Nagin indicted on 21 Charges!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELL Yeah!

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 14:32

And this makes you so happy because........

It's a tragedy, in the purest sense a dramatic composition, dealing with a serious or somber theme, typically that of a great person destined through a flaw of character or conflict with some overpowering force, as fate or society, to downfall or destruction.

o

FLAW OF CHARACTER???? Shirley you jest! I'm hoping that they start investigating and find out just how many murders this piece of garbage and his jack boot thugs were responsible for just after Katrina!

o

I always thought that guy was smarmy (is that word?) and I was appalled at how he reacted during the Katrina disaster. The man was no leader!

I believe the charges have been brought federally so at least there can be no partisan carp over his indictment, although I would bet the farm some will try and make it that way anyhow.

o

bill_vincent, Nagin different connotations to different people.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 15:36

Please, don't call me Shirley. Surely, you know the difference.

Don't hold back Bill, let it all out.

o

It's sad to see. We all thought he was going to be a different kind of mayor. But it turns out he was totally corrupt. He was for sale to the highest bidder.

o

He was for sale to the highest bidder.

Boy, its a good thing that Congress isn't like that, huh.

o

Maybe he attended the School of Chicago Politics.

o

Corrupt loser, and coward, that Nagin.

o

they have so little to celebrate why begrudge them!

o

Nagin, LOL. Who cares?

We are nominating a Second Term President now.
Four more years.
Yes, Hell yes !

o

We are nominating a Second Term President now.
Four more years.
Yes, Hell yes !

Well, that's an accurate assessment of the situation if I ever heard one.

o

Well I'm glad you understood it demi...I'm still scratching my head,

o

Hell--Yes.

(four more years of it)

o

Yes it will be for you two.

o

Kind of, but not really.

;)

This post was edited by demifloyd on Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 21:40

o

I'm certain he'll be a number soon! Surprised at the breach of legal etiquette yadda yadda yadda!
6th Amendment an all that bothersome crap!

o

Good evening everyone.

I like to believe that most people who enter into the world of politics really do have good intentions. It is just that some give in to the negative. Sort of like they take a little bribe here and a little one there and then they get even more greedy and it snowballs from there.

o

Sad that some of you seem to be celebrating that a person that was elected to represent voters and work for his community has been charged with these crimes. If he is found guilty of these charges, then what he did was wrong. I'd be interested in seeing your reaction if it was a good ole boy republican politician who was being charged. Seems there have also been a few of them over the years.

o

Good one , Heri. I say hell yes too. Love it

I always thought Nagin was smarmy.

o

'bout time indeed.

Where do the murder allegations come from?

o

I couldn't believe those people voted him back into office. Its how things are there. I lived in that state for two years, right across the bridge from the N.O. that's just how it was then, and obviously for a long time afterwards.

o

Mylab

I can. Clevelanders voted the corrupt Democratic Machine back in to office for a repeat of 23 years of stealing, lying, cheating, and prostitutes, all in the name of the "working man's party".

Easy to believe when you see proof.

o

I've posted a lot of Dems & Republicans sent up the river in the last couple of months.
Barley a peep! Hey I was fair and balanced most were Dems not a peep! Some of yall are positively gleeful over this guy did he ruffle yer feathers some how LOL.
I think one of you purports to having some legal background damn convicted with out a trial sloppy.
I mean I would just cause I'm a working slob who doesn't pretend to be anything but hateful!

o

Oh that's when it comes to corrupt pols & some of you guys!
The Country Crock wouldn't melt in some of yer mouths!

o

I think labrea it is because we expected so much from Nagin. And in his first term he delivered, and though by the end of his first term, there was whispers about corruption, he was re-elected. It's almost like Katrina turned some switch in him. He had no need to become corrupt, he was a successful businessman even before he was elected. He chose the path he took.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

"The Country Crock wouldn't melt in some of yer mouths!"

Sure it would. It's hydrogenated. ;D

o

demi and mrskjun:

Are y'all ready for the inauguration, or as Bill Maher said Boehner calls it, "Black Monday." It is time to celebrate Obama's landslide victory.

I didn't realize that he won by FIVE MILLION votes.
That is more votes then Republican voters cast in 10 or more States.
It is more people than live in two large cities.
Can't we have some degree of cooperation now from the losers?

o

Well, I'm not being noncooperative about anything.

Obama was reelected--that's how the process works.

I have no complaint with that fact.

I don't like it, but I can live with it.

I'm not wasting a lot of time worrying about it.

I do think another four years of Barack Obama as president will do serious damage to this country and the future of many citizens, and particularly our economy.

Some will like it though.

I guess enough decided they would like it that he was reelected. As I said--no problem.

Mm MM MMM. ;)

o

Based on the rear elevation of the home that you kindly shared with us, it looks like he didn't damage your economic livelihood and that are you are doing real well for yourself. Maybe thou complaineth too much?

As we know too well, the Bushcrash blew up the real estate market and created a lot of unemployment, much of it associated with the decimation of many industries connected with real estate, construction, the manufacturing of associated products, and the provision of associated services. That is coming back slowly. Things actually are looking up near where I live with many new residential construction starts (compared to almost none in the past several years), commercial buildings going up, and major roadwork, much of it aided by the Recovery Act of 2009.

One area that is also doing well in Health Insurance and the providers of health care. I understand that those companies are selling health insurance at record rates in the wake of the mandatory provisions in the Affordable Care Act. That means more people will be seeking healthcare, preventative care, etc....and that means more hiring and more jobs.

Given many of the positive signs we are seeing and assuming that the economy stays on an even keel and stocks continue to rise, we are talking Hillary in 2016. Other than Hillary, I don't see any other candidate from either party with the combined intellect, moxie and broad appeal that Obama has. Obama is a good man and a great President that we should be grateful for. I am just astounded at some of the hatred for him, even as people have seen the steady hand he has maintained as our leader and the great job he has done for us already.

This post was edited by heri_cles on Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 14:46

o

s.o.b. as usual

o

Heri--my concern is for the future of this country as whole.
I still believe that Barack Obama's agenda, and that of some of the Democrats, will harm this country in many ways, economically being one of them.

I am never so selfish as to only care about my personal situation only.

We've seen photos of beautiful, nice homes of several forum members here.

Anyone that has a roof over their heads and time to type on a Hot Topics Forum is doing "real well for themselves."

Suggesting and speculating personal information about a poster based on photos as part of a discussion about politics really has no place on this forum--for a poster to suggest WHY they think another poster holds a particular opinion is not germane to the discussion.

We are entitled to our opinions because they are ours--it's of no consequence why we think the way we do, and no one can determine that but the thinker. In any case, what of it?

What of it if one poster has more or less money, is thinner or heavier, is taller or shorter, older or younger, able bodied or weak, well or sick, formally educated or not, parents or childless?

Probably to some degree all of those factors affect our opinions, but who are any of us to say whether any of those factors determine why we think the way we do?

Assessing someone's personal situation is not the purpose of this forum--or at least it didn't used to be.

That seems to be the primary reason many people post here, however--making personal assessments of conservative posters' character, integrity, intelligence, etc. because of political agendas.

It's a real shame that that endeavor has become the focus of this forum.

o

Very interesting post from someone that is by far the most judgmental of any other poster on this forum while taking every opportunity to share how perfect she is in all respects....and it has nothing at all to do with politics.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 15:28

Very interesting post from someone that is by far the most judgmental of any other poster on this forum while taking every opportunity to share how perfect she is in all respects....and it has nothing at all to do with politics.

That is a lie you posted about me, Chase.

I have never "shared how perfect I am in all respects" and in fact said many times that I make mistakes and I'm not perfect.

I am judgmental about some sectors of our society, but not other posters--but I do call out other posters for personally attacking and being judgmental about me for only giving my opinion on this forum.

You would fall into that category.

Now, are you going to tell me to "shut up" like you did Bill?

o

"I am judgmental about some sectors of our society, but not other posters--but I do call out other posters for personally attacking and being judgmental about me for only giving my opinion on this forum."

That's true. Don't you think you might lighten up, Chase?

o

I too share elvis' opinion; no need to snark at demi at every opportunity. Wait for those prime moments...surely you wait for 10 or 15 minutes. :P

o

"I am judgmental about some sectors of our society, but not other posters-"

Tell Jodi that....

edited to applogize to Jodi for pulling her into the discussion.

This post was edited by chase on Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 16:32

o

"Now, are you going to tell me to "shut up" like you did Bill?"

If I remember correctly Chase apologized to Bill and it was accepted. Why do you find it necessary to keep bring it up again?

~Ann

o

Sad that some of you seem to be celebrating that a person that was elected to represent voters and work for his community has been charged with these crimes. If he is found guilty of these charges, then what he did was wrong. I'd be interested in seeing your reaction if it was a good ole boy republican politician who was being charged.
' Bothel, give it a rest. I'm not celebrating that he comitted the crimes. Only that he got caught, and I'm not going to apologize to you or anyone else for it!! As I said above, he's getting off easy. They SHOULD be getting him for homicide! And it wouldn't matter to me WHAT color his skin is. Funny how YOU people go right to the race card. Sure you're not heri's brother?

o

I think Bothell missed the fact that Nagin was a Republican. Only became a Democrat when he wanted to run for political office. And he endorsed republican candidates..like Bobby Jindal.

o

And it wouldn't matter to me WHAT color his skin is. Funny how YOU people go right to the race card. Sure you're not heri's brother?

Who brought up race? Did I miss something? The only reference I see to race is in your post, Bill.

o

I have never "shared how perfect I am in all respects"

Uh, huh, just like you never use the word "hate", but display it at every opportunity.

Just like you never use the phrase "put up or shut up", but type "put up or...".

Just like how you never say nasty things about people, yet called me mentally ill.

Shall I go on?

o

Bill: I never mentioned or brought up race - you did. It just reinforces the perception that many people still view a person's race as part of what they judge the person on. By the way, it's BOTHELL

o

Demi, I did not lie.....what I said was you take every opportunity to share how perfect you are......and you do. I also said you are incredibly judgmental..and you are.

Thread after thread ,after thread ,we hear about what good choices you have made, how you were an exceptional parent, spouse, employer, Christian, great taste and inpecable manners....even to the point of telling us what a nice butt you have. I can easily post examples because in that regard "Demi is perfect" posts are very easy to find.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 21:48

>even to the point of telling us what a nice butt you have<

Now that we have been treated to a picture of the backside of her house, maybe next we will be seeing one of the backside of her.

o

bboy, that was really out of bounds and quite personal.

o

To get back to the OP, will more than one person go down with Nagin? Because when ever I read about bribing a political officer, somebody paid that bribe, and thats a crime as well. And it sounds in this case as if there are more than one outfit involved.

/they should just stick to legal campaign contributions

o

Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 21:27

Demi, I did not lie.....what I said was you take every opportunity to share how perfect you are......and you do. I also said you are incredibly judgmental..and you are.

Thread after thread ,after thread ,we hear about what good choices you have made, how you were an exceptional parent, spouse, employer, Christian, great taste and inpecable manners....even to the point of telling us what a nice butt you have. I can easily post examples because in that regard "Demi is perfect" posts are very easy to find.

Wow, is all some of you have to do go back months and years and look up every word I type and bring up and parse every if and and but on every meaningless thread (and let's face it, most everything most everyone here says is meaningless)
to try to bludgeon me with it now?

Apparently. How very, very sad.

Gee whiz, a thread from how long ago? A year, more? I recall something being said about backsides, abs, I can't recall, and I recall some little dig from someone, I think, and I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, or something to that effect. Gee, can't you people laugh?

So what?

Do you say the same nasty thing to Jodik, Chase, when she tells us she is fifty years old and can pass for twenty-five and how much younger than her age she looks, huh?

Do you say the same nasty thing to Lily when she tells us how little she weighs and what great shape she is in? Huh?

I don't recall the same "accusations" against anyone but me.
Why single me out? Huh?

Yep, I made good personal decisions.
I made a few mistakes but nothing that messed up my life.

What of it? You don't like that?

Would you prefer that I decided to have sex at age 16 and got pregnant, divorced a few times, been in rehab and defaulted on taxpayer supported school loans and now subsisting on food stamps and living in subsidized housing, dragging on cigarettes daily and on Medicaid with diabetes?

Would you stop saying nasty things about me then?

Would I be a sympathetic character to you then, someone to admire?

Sadly, I think so.

The fact is it is sick that I am even being discussed for only giving my opinion on this forum about topics. Why I think the way I do, whether anyone thinks I am judgmental or whether you think I think I'm perfect (which IS a lie)
should not be discussed--it's not the reason for this forum.

But it has become what some of you live for--vitriol and judgment, when all I have advocated is personal responsibility, government support for those who are physically and mentally unable to help themselves, as well as those that care for them, and government support for people that make a mistake or are temporarily down on their luck (first time unwed mothers and the unemployed, for example) and I support abortion rights, to a limit.

It's okay, I forgive you for being petty and talking about me instead of the subjects.

Frankly, I couldn't care less why any of you think the way you do. It's your right. There is no need to judge you for the opinions you have.

Something to think about emulating, eh?

Bboy, did you ask Chase and Marquest if they're going to post photos of their backsides too, and did you ask everyone that posted photos of their pets if they're going to post pictures of parts of their bodies, as well?

What an inappropriate and unsolicited creepy thing to say.

o

David: I agree with you. If this is true, someone paid a bribe to him. But unless that someone is a liberal democrat, we"ll never hear anything more about that person. Weird how vocal & then quiet some people are when facts don't go their way.

o

chase: "...even to the point of telling us what a nice butt you have. I can easily post examples..."

I'd like to see you put your money where your mouth (which runneth over tonight) is. What a thing to say. Are you purging, or what.
---------

boy: ">even to the point of telling us what a nice butt you have<
Now that we have been treated to a picture of the backside of her house, maybe next we will be seeing one of the backside of her."

I don't even want to know what is the matter with YOU for saying that.

o

An even more inappropriate and creepy thing to happen is when a person's beloved husband takes a snapshot of his dearly beloved's backside when she is bent over at the waist peering at something on the ground in a flower bed, she doesn't realize it, he has the picture blown up, mounted on cork, framed and hung on the wall beside his desk at the office and then has somebody else take a picture of him with a dart in his hand aimed at said backside.........and THEN has the photo blown up to a 3'/3' photo, and then wrapped and presented as a get well gift from what they refer to themselves as "the office boyz"......all of them, in person during the visit to her... when she is still in the hospital recovering from surgery and hurting way too much to be able to do anything other than cover her face in her hands and mutter something about a violent, bloody revenge, much less get up and throttle said, not so darling husband's neck.
And then had to remain laying there helplessly as every floor nurse came in to see the photo and have a good giggle themselves.

Only a chunky pair of earrings -and the handing over of said dartboard- saved his own, still quite nice backside from total and complete destruction.

An absolutely true, formally deep and dark "backside" secret, revealed only in an attempt to break the mounting tension.

If ya got it, revel in the fact that ya still got it!

o

Thanks for the story, mylab!

I find that good humor does a world of good.

It's a good thing I have it; I'm glad you do, as well!

o

I try hard to keep what I have but - part of what can really hoover once you hit 60 is that, no matter how hard you work to keep it in it's proper place, there still comes a time when, as you get out of bed in the morning, you have check on the floor to find it if you have taken your eyes off it for even a *second*!

;)

o

Posted by mylab123 z5NW (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 0:36

I try hard to keep what I have but - part of what can really hoover once you hit 60 is that, no matter how hard you work to keep it in it's proper place, there still comes a time when, as you get out of bed in the morning, you have check on the floor to find it if you have taken your eyes off it for even a *second*!

;)

I think old age is the equalizer for the bloom of youth.
We are so much wiser that it wouldn't be fair if we kept our looks and bodies, too!

As a male friend tells me, "time and gravity is a friend to no one." ;)

o

Now, back to the subject.

Bill, I still don't know--where do the murder allegations stem from?

o

demi most of us dont know each other , and have not met. We can only know what you chose to tell us about yourself. "and I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, or something to that effect. Gee, can't you people laugh? "

So you do remember saying it, but , (once again) cant remember the details.

Now I dont remember reading that comment , but , as have said before I often dont read all threads.

saying that your "butt is in great shape" is I think , a strange comment to make on a HTs forum...but , you made it.

So if you dont want people to make personal comments about yourself can I suggest that you refrain from discussing your personal attributes on the forum

That , I am sure will solve your problem

o

Youngquinn, I don't have a problem.

I suggest before you misquote me and then proceed to lecture me about the misquote you get it right.

Since Chase accused me of using a term I don't think I used, I feel it is up to Chase to back up what she says and find the thread, in it's entirety.

I'll wait for the quote, and context.

Then, if it is posted, what will that mean?

Does that mean that Lily will be castigated for mentioning staying in great shape and how she can go faster on the treadmill that people much younger than she is?

Does that mean that anyone will challenge Jodik when she says she can pass for 25 when she's twice that age?

What an asinine and ridiculous can of worms and waste of effort.

o

Posted by youngquinn VIC Aust (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 1:19

saying that your "butt is in great shape" is I think , a strange comment to make on a HTs forum...but , you made it.

Show me the quote, since you have averred that , "you made it."

This post was edited by demifloyd on Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 1:45

o

dear demi , you admitted you made the comment when you said

" and I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, "
23 .11.
saying that you do recall means that Chase's recollection was accurate.

I would never make such personal comments about myself on the internet,,,but I guess that was your choice to make, wasnt it?

o
RE: HELL 5Yeah!

let me add that most dictionaries list Butt(ocks) as an accepted synonym for "behind" and No I will not copy and paste.

o

What the heck am I doing in a "conversation" about Demi's butt. I never said I was in great shape. I said I go faster than many younger people on the treadmill and walk five miles a day. I don't recall making any comments about my shape.

o

Wow, is all some of you have to do go back months and years and look up every word I type and bring up and parse every if and and but on every meaningless thread (and let's face it, most everything most everyone here says is meaningless)
to try to bludgeon me with it now?

Apparently. How very, very sad.

Demi, You do realize that you do the same thing right?

You go on about someone remembering something you said in the past, and then you follow up by "remembering" comments that others, Jodik and Lily, apparently have said in past threads.

o

" and I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, "
23 .11.
saying that you do recall means that Chase's recollection was accurate.

So, now you're changing words in the "quote?"

Ummm hmmmm.

You don't get to substitute your words and intent for my words and intent--there is a big difference in what you said I said and what I said.

Refers to the same area--but the words make a difference in perception and intent--I don't talk that way and I resent anyone putting words in my mouth.

Stop it.

o

"and I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, or something to that effect"

If you're taking umbrage in that I used the word "butt" instead of backside...I will concede that you used the word backside.......

o

I most certainly DO take umbrage--your words were and are an inaccurate characterization of what I actually said and my intent.

Good Grief how petty.

Are you having stones delivered this afternoon?

o

The word was a word I used, I never attributed it to you.

o

HELL Yeah! this is an ugly thread.

o

The minute the bribers of Nagin are mentioned the threads gets derailed. Now ain't that funny.

o

Must have missed a post...can't find another one that mentions the bribers of Nagin. They are all here.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

I wonder what is behind the murder allegations, too. A story is there.

DH and I couldn't believe it when they voted for him yet *again*. Louisiana politics, and what will be tolerated, is a real head scratcher.

o

The same thing happens all over the country mylab. We only know about it when they get caught. brush's posts about the corruption in Ohio, wasn't it Bell California where the city leaders were paying themselves huge salaries? It's probably happening all over the country right now...just waiting to be hit by the light of day. I'm just happy when they get caught, though I would prefer to see ethics in public service to begin with.

o

Sure it happens all over. Louisiana just takes it up a bunch of notches and always, always has.

Edwin Edwards. A perfect example of the kind of extraordinarily crooked politician the good people of Louisiana just *loved* and weren't too proud to admit!

What did he say it would take for him to lose an election?

Yep, a loooong track record.

I don't have to explain this to you Mrsk, you live there. You already know.

o

Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 9:46

The word was a word I used, I never attributed it to you.

You weren't careful and left the impression I said that word.

Intentionally.

How disgusting that you're posting such negative personal insults about ME.

I was minding my own business on this thread, not starting anything with you and AGAIN, out of the blue, you chime in with this post:

" Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 15:28

I took issue with your nasty allegation that I take "every opportunity to share how perfect (I) am in all respects"
and then you just let out all the vitriol, didn't you?

And you have the nerve to criticize my life.

What kind of person does what you do?

Did you ever think about that?

It's not your place to out of the blue post something to harass me on this forum and pontificate how much disdain you have for me, intentionally imply that I use words I did not, intentionally mischaracterize my words and intent and pronounce moral judgment on me.

It's not your job or your place, Chase.

It's disruptive, non productive, not fair, and not nice.

It's not worthy of the poster that used to post several years ago.

I do not know or care why you extrapolate so many incorrect personal assessments about me, but you should keep them to yourself.

You know not of what you speak, it's none of your business and has no place on this forum.

o

Let me make sure I understand...you are insulted because chase impied you used the word "butt" instead of "behind"?

I guess that falls into the not using the word "hate" category.

So bizarre.

o

demifloyd wrote,

I do recall saying my backside was in great shape, or something to that effect

...and chase recalls you telling us what a nice butt you have, or something to that effect. Neither of your statements is presented as a verbatim quote and, thus, by definition, cannot be challenged as being a misquote.

There is no disagreement here. You admit you bragged on the board about how great your behind is. You and chase both agree on that point. The rest is nonsense.

Are you still hiding from my response to the challenge you issued about your failing to admit to a proven misstatement?

o

I'd be interested in seeing your reaction if it was a good ole boy republican politician who was being charged.

Bothell-- good old boy as opposed to Nagin-- tell me how that could be taken any other way.

Maddie-- I'll see if I can find one of the articles I read from back then-- there were many of them illustrating how Nagin's cops were going door to door confiscating guns from all homeowners, while leaving the street gangs alone, and several instances of watching as these gangs victimized recently disarmed citizens. As far as Im concerned, both Nagin and the chief of police were culpable, because this was policy dictated from above.

o

People, please!

Don't feed what you don't want to read.

o

Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 12:20

People, please!

I totally agree, Nancy.

Although you still have a little corn in your hand.

o

People, please!

Don't feed what you don't want to read.

Nancy is right. Why do you keep feeding it.

To put an end to this, and allow us Adults to eventually continue with the serious debate:

Here's the thread that contains the bragging (that allegedly never happened).

o

Now, back to the subject.

Bill, I faintly remember this being discussed here (years ago).

o

so you dont like ME lecturing YOU.

So, now you're changing words in the "quote?"

Ummm hmmmm.

"You don't get to substitute your words and intent for my words and intent--there is a big difference in what you said I said and what I said.

Refers to the same area--but the words make a difference in perception and intent--I don't talk that way and I resent anyone putting words in my mouth. "
Perception and intent are subjective.....and as I said before , anyway most garden variety dictionaries list butt(ocks) as a synonym for behind.

Yes , I did use a word you didnt use, but the fact remains that you do recall saying "my backside was in great shape or words to that effect"

as I said before I would never make such personal comments about myself on the internet, but I guess that was your choice to make , wasnt it.

and thanks Maddie for finding the original post.

o

Oh, thank you Maddie for finding that thread--I forget it was the thread where Chris Christy was made fun of for being fat and I point out that turn around would be if Michelle Obama's ample attributes were fair game.

Then all of a sudden, marquest accused Nic and me of "drooling" over Michelle Obama's behind and being envious of it, suggesting a product to enhance our backends.

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 18:19

Oh elvis of course you would not look at Lopez's behind that is why she came to mind.

Don't forget Beyonce the guys drool over her behind. I bet Demi, and Nik are drooling over her behind too. Seems they are fixated on behinds. LOL

Oh this is too funny. Maybe I can help them out. They sell behind enhancer I saw them on one of those "As seen on TV" commercials. I wondered why they sold these because of Demi and Nik I now know why. Let me do a search so they can buy some. Envy will be cured.

THAT is what prompted me to assure her that my backside was just fine.

For the Record.

See what happens when you people go nuts over me pointing out that turn around was fair play? Oh, no, we can't have anyone pointing that out, then I'm ridiculed and taunted and then months later Chase implies that I'm "bragging" rather than the truth--defending.

Ridiculous.
Stupid.

Thank you Maddie, for finding the thread.

o

Yeah, I remember that thread. It got pretty ridiculous. marquest was bizarre.

o

Oh my.....I had not posted in this topic and stopped in to see why there was so many post about the slime ball and I see Demi again wiggling around about something else she said...... Carry on children.

Photobucket

o

WTH was the OP about again? I thought it was about spiking the ball in the endzone. OK then, The NE Patriots lost. Yes...Hell Yes!

This post was edited by heri_cles on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 0:49

o

Yer welcome Pam.

As to your last paragraph. Indeed. Who would do such a thing.

o

As to your last paragraph. Indeed. Who would do such a thing.

The salient question is, who would go to the trouble that you have?

"Who would do such a thing?"

This post was edited by demifloyd on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 9:43

o

Pats are my wife's team. My team got knocked out even before the post season started (Giants). But keep trying to piss in my cheerios, heri. It'll help keep up my level of vitriol toward you.

o

I see we're off to the races this morning!

o

demi it was to satisfy you as you demanded that I produce the quote. maddie just saved me the trouble.

so "the trouble was gone to " to satisfy your request that the quote be produced...which it was.

no one forced you to make that comment about your behind..t was your choice.
and now I positively refuse to discuss this further.

o

Posted by youngquinn VIC Aust (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 9:57

so "the trouble was gone to " to satisfy your request that the quote be produced...which it was.

Youngquinn, you have no way of knowing this, but that comment was not about Maddie posting that link--in fact I thanked her profusely, and sincerely. It refreshed my memory of exactly how I came to make that comment--not something I would normally do. It was in fact in retort to Marquest's taunting Nic and me about OUR backends when all I did was point out that making fun of one's physical attributes in a political discussion could be played from both sides, and I knew no one would like it if it were done from the conservative side--pointing out that there are plenty of things to criticize about someone other than their physical appearance.

A good point, but the democrats have their sacred cows and I guess Mrs. Obama is one of them (no pun intended).
As to your last remark, "and now I positively refuse to discuss this further," it would have been better had you never discussed it in the first place. Your comments were not necessary and did not help.

However, that was YOUR choice to enter the discussion.

I'm so glad the record is straight as to how that thread evolved into the ridiculousness of suggesting envy of Mrs. Obama and needing prosthetics for my backside--all because I questioned if liberals would like it if the making fun of Chris Christie's physical appearance were transferred to a liberal figure. Again, no pun intended.

o
RE: HEL4L Yeah!

" it would have been better had you never discussed it in the first place. Your comments were not necessary and did not help.

However, that was YOUR choice to enter the discussion. "

yes it was my choice to enter the discussion and my choice to exit it...\I am replying to you now on a different subject.

I thank you greatly for offering your opinion to me as to the helpfulness of my comments and should you ever be appointed to a position of authority by the manaement of this forum I will take your advice.
of course, until then I will reserve the right to decide for myself what I choose to respond to.

and in the words of John Cleese..."thank you so much"

o

You are so very welcome.

;)

o

I questioned if liberals would like it if the making fun of Chris Christie's physical appearance

Great!

Maybe the unrelenting criticism of Michael Moore's physical attributes will cease seeing the sensitivity of the subject when applied to Governor Christie.

o

no one forced you to make that comment about your behind..t was your choice.
and now I positively refuse to discuss this further.

Yep "Personal Choice" and "Personal Responsibility" for that choice of discussing your behind. The problem of trying to find someone to throw under the bus you failed to realize others would read the entire post and not just the part you wanted to add me to your fear of being found out.

I would never want to be caught with you in a difficult situation. You would put some one in front of you for a human shield.

Demi you do know Personal Responsibility is taking responsibility of what you say? No one can make me say anything I do not want to say.

It goes like this........"I am Marquest and yep I said Demi has a problem with her behind because she brought up out of the blue the First Lady's behind. I thought that was strange for someone to post about another woman's behind on a discussion forum.

I take personal responsibility for saying Demi has behind issues and elvis and Nik.

o

I'm so glad the record is straight as to how that thread evolved

Yes, the record has most certainly been set straight.

I do suspect "straight" for most of us is not the way you see it.

It's very clear that the demi rule of personal responsibility does not apply when she says it doesn't apply. Over and over again we see demi not take responsiblity for her own words. I mean, what could be easier? It's right there in black and white. It makes one wonder what else they don't take responsiblity for in their lives...

o

Another ugly thread that boggles the mind. Good grief, ladies....

o

I'm just so glad jill didn't miss one of demi's posts. demi, doesn't she make you feel "wanted"?

o

I don't miss much, mrsK, including your many posts that give incorrect information. Do you feel "wanted" too?

o

But keep trying to piss in my cheerios, heri. It'll help keep up my level of vitriol toward you.

Yea Bill, you got the fact that I mocked your OP, but it wasn't about the Patriots or your Cherios, it was about your horsh1t attitude spiking the ball in the end-zone over something that is of NO relevance to you other than as a lame appeal to your crass partisanship, something which you obviously view as sport. Yea, Nagin is indicted, he11 yes..
You often try to present yourself as a moderate but over the last several months you have shown your true colors. The tile man has no clothes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here