Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just got my invitation.....

Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 14:37

to the Inaugural Ball - sadly, all the tickets sold out last week.

Oh, well, I guess I'll dance, with my grandson, at home.

It will be a pleasure to watch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just got my invitation.....

Still-- even the invitation is something to frame!

o

Still-- even the invitation is something to frame!

Yes I have a treasure chest of Obama. It might bring my grandchildren some money at auction.

Who would have thought Barbie would make average Joe a millionaire.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 15:28

Sadly, it's an email (maybe because I donated online. I'll have to remember that next time).

I told my SIL that if I got one, he would have to take me, and in full dress uniform (Major, US Army), but since the tickets are gone, I guess we won't be able to go.

Sigh....

o

I've got a few; trust me, they probably won't be collector items worth big $$$. They are keepsakes, like a postcard from Old Faithful or something. Keepsakes are nice ;)

Invitations to the inauguration of Barack ObamaFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"One million invitations to Barack Obama's inauguration were sent out in the first week of January 2009. Printed between December 11, 2008, and January 2, 2009, the invitations invited people to celebrate Barack Obama's inauguration as the forty-fourth President of the United States. The invitations have kept the same basic design of a gold seal and black script since the 1949 inauguration of Harry S. Truman, but this invitation was produced in a green manner, using recycled paper, by companies certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)."

o

My daughter is attending an inaugural ball.

Not only wouldn't I pay to go, you couldn't pay ME to go.

o

Which one?

I found a listing of 63 (and I think there were more) "Inaugural Balls" being held at venues all over the District.

Pony up some cash and you can participate in the festivities: rub elbows with a minor attache from some embassy; have a drink with a K St. lobbyist; the possibilities are endless.

o

I am breathless...from repeating no,no,no,no,no.

o

Well, my paper invitation came yesterday and a password to buy tickets. Sadly, for me, the only ones left are $500 each, and I don't have an extra $500. I just got the bill for 122 gallons of oil for my furnace - $562. So there goes my ticket.

I do have a nice gown though!

o

Good for you Mom, it is a treasure and an heirloom to pass to your children: an invitation to a ball to celebrate another remarkable election result in history....and they said, " just you wait, a one term wonder, he will LOSE by a landslide next in the next election!"

Don't let the sore, whining losers devalue your paper invitation, which, cnsidering who it is being sworn in (yet again) certainly will be worth something 50 years from now.

I hope you will put on that gown and toast the president who easily defeated the conservatives...again...and enjoy inauguration day/ evening.

I wish you and Lily and Ohiomom could all go together, now wouldn't that be a day to remember!

o

Another who thinks that is awesome!!!! What a great reminder of a huge success story. A large part of the President's win was his ground game....... hats off to those who made it happen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here