Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
School shooting 2013 #2

Posted by elly_nj NJ z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 18:44

OK, now 2 school shootings in the new year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shooting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: School shooting 2013 #2

Well, now we are up to two school shootings in a day.

Hooray for the USA!

Here is a link that might be useful: We're No. 1! We're No. 1!

o

But... but... but... there is no gun problem.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

They could have just as easily killed them with a knife, or a baseball bat, or a car, or poison. Guns aren't the problem!

(Did I get that right?)

o

I suppose the message of vigilantism will prevail among the members until cooler, saner heads replace the hot head, wild, wild west heads in Congress. I wonder how many nra members call themselves good, religious people?

o

I wonder how many nra members call themselves good, religious people?

Why do I think it MIGHT be most of them.

o

Guns and the bible. Sounds like a match made in . . .

o

Clinging to their bibles and their guns. I always found that soooo odd.

o

Having access to jaws of asses seem to be too limiting; better a bevy of semi-automatic assault rifles and hand guns.

o

Photobucket

It goes back alot further than 2005. It actually goes back to a case in the mid-late 70's when a woman in New York asked for protection from an ex. She had a protective order, and the NYPD didn't feel it was worth their time. She had acid thrown in her face, and almost died from the incident. When she sued the NYPD, the decision came down that the police department has no mandate to protect any individual-- only society as a whole.
Which means, they can't stop someone from hurting you or your family. They can only mop up the mess, and arrest the perpetrator afterward. now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Go ahead, and turn in your guns at the next buy back. I think I'll hold onto mine for a while longer.

o

My mistake. It was in 1968, and the woman had lye thrown in her face. Ref Riss v New York The acid WAS the 2005 case.

o

o

Well, this is the part of the price we as a society reluctantly pay for the Freedom the Second Amendment confers.

The Tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots as well.

Helps if you or your children aren't the patriots in question, but, hey.

o

Right. Tell Linda Riss that. She even followed the rules.

And paid dearly for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here