Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 20:45

No comment, just saying...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Accidental shooting injuries 4 at gun show

hopefully none were children..

o

According to CNN - no children. It was at 2 different gun shows & in both cases caused by "idiots" (my words) who should have known better.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 21:50

The kids all had theirs pointed at the floor.

o

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

o

And the Darwin Award goes to....

o

Nothing like having your afternoon (not to mention your face)shattered by birdshot from some a-hole's loaded 12-gauge... which ironically he was taking to the gun show in NC to be inspected. Perhaps he might have inspected it a bit before leaving home!

o

Lighten up guys...it's gun appreciation day, and they were just appreciating the mayhem they can cause. We had a bunch of hillbillies from up yonder parading in front of the capitol today clutching their guns, signs, and bibles.

You know the GOP slogan: God&guns.

o

At gun shows in Indiana, Ohio and North Carolina, a total of five people were injured Saturday in accidental shootings as people flocked to the events on what was marketed as Gun Appreciation Day.

I'm sure the 5 victims will mark January 19th. as a red letter day on their calendars. Much to appreciate - particularly the fine care they undoubtedly received at local ER's.

o

I saw this story on my local news channel. I'm so glad I moved away from these fools.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shooting up homes

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 7:20

The "show will go on" today in NC, but no personal guns will be allowed on the property .... a strict violation of their second amendment rights. Everyone attending should come strapped to show that no one is taking their guns away from them.

o

Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 8:41

Yesterday's protest labeled "High Noon" events held in 47 states to protest against legislative proposals announced by Barack Obama had, as most protests do, interesting signs and speakers. One man said (and I quote) "The second amendment gives us the power to establish a militia to overthrow the government if it becomes tyrannical"

Interesting interpretation ...

o

It is this kind of thinking that has become more and more prevalent (and a lot louder) that characterizes the T-Party types. And I think this is when they stepped over the line. You used to occasionally hear some of that litany, but it wasn't that common (or that loud). The "cold dead hand" kind of argument peaked with Charleton Heston during the Reagan years (1980s) and has since accelerated and moved into excess with the patriotic call to "water the tree of liberty with blood"--you know, the kind of talk we heard during the 2010 elections as the t-party rose to prominence.

They frighten me because they are out of contact with reality--they want a bloody revolution and imagine themselves as the Charleton Heston-like star of the upcoming movie The Bloody Tree Revolution--the true "patriots" wiping out all the false patriots and setting up a new regime waving a flag with a weapon (pick the gun of your choice) in the center of it.

I swear--they are deeply lost in Hollywoodland -- where they are the hero!

Kate

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 10:47

It's now up to 5 that were "accidentally" injured at gun shows this weekend.

o

The local television news showed the rally in Denver, but the only segment shown was some overweight bald guy going on and on about how any, ANY laws were the first step in total confiscation.

Making them look a bit extreme.

o

If only there had been a good guy with a gun there, they could have stopped it from happening.

Oh wait...

o

Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 11:10

....meanwhile 30 miles south of me a gun dealer "accidentally" shot his long time friend at a gun show (Medina, Ohio) yesterday. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "blood brothers".

o

If you aren't smart enough to know how to safely handle a gun then you aren't smart enough to own one.

o

And the Darwin Award goes to....

That was my first thought, too-- almost word for word.

o

Unfortunately, the Darwin award should go to the bozo who doesn't know his gun was loaded, not the people he shot.

But I bet he feels just terrible, anyway.

o

Not nearly as bad as those he shot.

o

Maybe these five can enlist the assistance of "Our Friend Ficker" when they initiate their lawsuits. (Anyone from Maryland will understand the reference). He handles bubble guns, finger guns, and could graduate to real guns given the right incentive.

o

Funny you should say that-- I just posted links to BOTH those stories on another thread. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here