Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Controlling humdity in the hoop house

Posted by Semper_Discens 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 21:19

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of excessive moisture in a hoop house. About two weeks ago it rained 3 inches one night and my hoop house flooded in fact I have about a 400 gallon pond dug out and it filled it 2/3rds full. It drained two days later but the ground is saturated. It is fairly level it was built just a little over 2 months ago.
Because of the excessive moisture many of my plants have white rust. I have a wood stove and a squirrel cage fan blowing 24/7
I have searched this site several times and I have not been able find anything on controlling the moisture other than a fan in the spring and summer. That is not an option now because temps have ranged from the 20's to 14 degrees recently...
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Controlling humdity in the hoop house

This one could be a Hot Topic in the summertime...

o

Maybe try asking at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouses & Garden Structures

o

And I thought this was going to be about basketball...

o

And I thought this was going to be about basketball...

If it were, I might be able to help. But, flooded hoop house...I got nothing. Sorry.

o

Other than superior air flow and time to help dry it out, I would suggest rethinking its placement next season. Either grade the ground it sits on to move water away from the structure, or build the ground under it up so water flows away. Other than that, I've got no suggestions.

We had the ground under our small greenhouse graded slightly so any excess water would run away from pooling in the interior.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here