Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marianne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 23:40

"Drudge siren is ablaze with the report that Newt Gingrich's ex-wife Marianne, who famously claimed she could end her husbands career in one interview, has apparently given that interview to ABC News. The network is currently debating the "ethics" of airing the interview before the South Carolina Primary"

AH there were question of ethics about airing before the primary but it looks like nightline will air it tomorrow night. GOOD!
Miserable sanctimonious pompous airbag & those that support him can rot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marianne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

Miserable sanctimonious pompous airbag

Which one?

o

The one thats getting payback from the ex!!!!!!!! AH the
First Wives Club

o

It appears that they are all heading for "self destruct". not one of these "pompous airbags" is going to survive to get the nomination at this rate.

Now it's found that Romney has accounts int he Cayman Islands and gave millions to the Mormon Church in stocks from companies that Bain Capital took over during Romney's time there.

Maybe the future "anointed one" of the GOP, is really not going to be anointed.

How is Romney going to get out of all this financial mess he's created for himself?

Did he really think he could keep this hidden from the people and the press?

The GOP just get's more and more bizarre as time goes on.

o

And ABC is really going to air this? I don't know how many here have ex's, but I can tell you, if asked, mine would go down in flames. Years ago she vowed that she would make sure he was never president. And ABC is now the National Enquirer? This just seems sleazy.

o

It isn't his first, it is second. The first died of cancer shortly after Newt served her up with a divorce while she was in hospital for treatment. The ratings could be a coup for ABC...

o

Richard, I can't believe you just repeated that. That never happened, according to the wife that was in the hospital getting cancer treatment, who, btw is alive. They had agreed on a divorce months earlier and he brought their daughters to visit. The daughter has also said that never happened.

o
RE: ne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

Mea culpa! I was duped by the liberal press! But at least I had the number right...

o

Software versions. 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. When ya get a makeover? Then you get 3.1, 3.2, etc

(referring, of course, to Microsoft Office here, nothing misogynic)

o
RE:nne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

Huh? Please explain...

o

I'm quite sure that the report that the second Mrs G agreed to the divorce are not correct. Mind you it's hard to follow Mr Gingrich's marriages and divorces without a programme!

I don't see the problem with her giving the interview as long as it is facts based and not yellow journalism. She may have information about his ethical background etc that is important for the voting public to know.

o

Mrskjun, I can't believe you are STILL spreading these lies. YOU are the one ignoring the multiple sources confirming the essential facts of the story and rewriting history here based on your misreading of the interview with the daughter (BTW campaigning for Newt) who was a small girl at the time and NOT in the hospital room to hear the discussion between her parents. In any case, she NEVER said what you claim - that Newt's hospital visit to discuss the terms of the divorce with his wife never happened - JUST that when the visit occurred, she wasn't getting treatment for cancer (she was recovering from surgery for possible cancer that turned out to be was benign), that she wasn't served divorce papers (they discussed the terms of the divorce) while she was in recovery from surgery and that she didn't die from cancer. You've taken her corrections OF THE DETAILS and rewritten the entire episode out of existence.

o

Hey, a lie** a day keeps the truth away.

(**number varies)

o

Of course, peoople will and should keep in mind that this is a scorned wife and weigh what they hear from here. I would also have to think she is a very brave woman to do this and risk the wrath of Newt, which she would know as a former wife can be devastating. Ask Mitt. It appears Newt remains in teh race just to even the personal score. How dangerous is that type of personality in foreign policy? So I would weigh that she might have something important to say.

I keep thinking of Joe Scarsborogh repeating over and over again that he is not a good person. There are lots of sources out there to look at the they make a big picture to judge.

o

LOL kt, and you know she wasn't in the hospital room because why? Were you there?

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

"This just seems sleazy" or someone who knows how to wait for justice or just to get their punches in!

o

I don't think we'd here from the first wife. She was his high school teacher and seven years his senior, if I remember correctly.

She'd lose her job and license to teach if this happened today.

So, he gets a pass on the first from me.

Second - not so much. :)

o

called situational ethics...on our side, its all good. on the other side its all sleazy.

o

Gingrich can handle this - he's an intellectual and a gutter street fighter and a marxist-leninist-stalinist-maoist who attacks capitalism.

I wonder which GOP operatives persuaded her to do the interview?

o
Pot Meet Kettle

I find the whole thing hilarious.

This woman was the bimbo who was Gingrich's mistress while he was married to his teacher.

o

He gets a pass shes a bimbo interesting math!

o

No pass from me on the second wife (Marianne.) Just the first wife thing was a bit creepy. However, Marianne was involved with Newt when he was still married to the teacher. What did she expect?

Gail Sheehy: "One of his first independent acts was to escape the totalitarian regime of his stepfather's home. He chose a path that women have used for generations: he made a jailbreak marriage, attaching himself at the tender age of 19 to his high-school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley -- a buxom blonde seven years his senior."
Source: Gail Sheehy. "The Inner Quest of Newt Gingrich." Vanity Fair. 9/1995. Pbs.org.

What that doesn't say is that they started dating when he was seventeen and she was twenty-four. ewwwww

o

Mrskjn, you are not even in agreement with the factcheck you linked to LOL. They had not agreed on a divorce - she was contesting it and he was using a hardball approach while pressing his terms. I've read elsewhere that the daughters were not in the room and I see nothing in the link that contradicts that but its immaterial because you are misrepresenting WHAT THE DAUGHTER IS CLAIMING.

The corrections you think debunk the whole story are just corrections about the details that reporters got wrong concerning whether [1] - she had cancer (she did have cancer 2 years earlier but the 1980 operation was for a benign tumor), [2] - died of cancer (no obviously), [3] - whether they were agreed to a divorce, (the daughter was incorrect here - the divorce papers show the wife was challenging the divorce), and [4] - whether he served the divorce papers there (no but he argued with her over the divorce and the terms of the divorce).

What you don't get, is that what resonates with most people are not these details you are obsessing over but that Newt, separated from his wife, visited her with the kids at the hospital shortly following her surgery and got into an argument with her about the terms of the divorce.

From your link:

Correction, Dec. 27: Our original headline on this item incorrectly stated that the couple had "agreed" to seek divorce prior to the hospital visit, and one line in the body of our original article also stated incorrectly that both "were planning" to divorce. As the actual court papers now make clear, Battley was contesting the divorce and the two were negotiating a settlement.

o

mrsk..I cannot even imagine the fun you would be having if this was Obama or any other Dem candidate. Obama and his wife have a solid marriage, and if there was any dirt out there , you can be sure Hannity, Rush, Drudge, Rove, any of the slash and burn crowd would have had a field day with it. This is the family value crowd, the sanctity of marriage crowd. Newt has the morals of a snake. I hope Marianne saw the First Wives Club. LOVE IT!!!

o

The fact is he makes family values part of his campaign. He talks about the sanctity of marriage and wants to define it...he was taking down President Clinton on the Lewinsky affair while conducting a 6 year affair. Oh and wife 2 was dealing with an MS diagnosis and Newt was present when the doctors said she does not need any undue stress.

All fair play.

o

Absolutely fair play.

o

oh lily, I'm sure you can imagine. lol But I still think it's hilarious that ABC is having an interview with the ex wife. What would you expect her to say? He is the salt of the earth, the best husband ever!! I can probably count on less fingers than one hand of ex wives who've had anything good to say about their ex. This is really National Enquirer stuff. Heck, I know I could trash my ex with the best of them.

o

Well I love Dan Savage grasp of the leaks. Mr Gingrich supposedly asked misses Gingrich for an open marriage.
Dan noted if your already screwing Callista it's information & an ultimatum not a request.
More shall be revealed it also claimed that Callista didn't mind that Newt would stay married.
I mean no man is that good in the sack Callista.
I've had at least a thousand and no man is that good!

o

It all depends on WHAT she has to say. If it's smarmy, he was mean to me stuff...then it's crap. However if she has facts relative to his ethics, finances etc. It's all good.

Don't forget she worked with him on Capitol Hill while having their affair. She may know lots.

o

Trying to get the image of Newt in the sack with anyone out of my mind...Ewwww

o

I hear he has a forked tongue that would make jean simmons weep

o

Oops limbaugh weighs in So gingrich wanted an open marriage BF deal at least he had the decency to tell her. This is going to be good!
Better than demon statues on the capitol bldg.
Better than dog doo doo on the wind shield. Better than bat guano bachmann. The extreme rights blowhard now has approved of open marriage as long as u say mother may I
These clowns are starting to make me doubt the sanctity of marriage again or as newt calls it the Sacrament!

o

It just gets better and better. And don't forget Newt suddenly converted to Catholicism. How does he rationalize that with his open marriage former stance? Say three Hail Marys and you'll be ok....

It's impossible to take these clowns seriously. The Repubs. are making a travesty of what was once a fairly respectable process in our nation.

o

I was reading a partial transcript of Rush's (don't ask me why, I don't know why) where he, of course, lied about what happened. Said that Newty asked Marianne about having an open marriage INSTEAD of cheating on her (without asking, I presume). Wrong, wrong, wrong.

But the dittoheads will hear it, believe it, and say how honest Newt is.

o

I understand that many women find power more physically attractive than looks but I will never understand how Newt can get any women at all. He is flat unattractive - and, obviously, in more areas than his looks.

I'm surprised that no one calls out his present wife on her Christian and especially Catholic hypocrisy of sleeping with a married man. I think she can probably count on fidelity now though, he is of the years when fidelity is easier to maintain due to age and a lower testerostone level.

To be fair, I could never understand the women who flocked to Clinton, either, as I found him physically repugnant during his run and Presidential years. He is FAR more attractive now that he has lost the excess weight and takes care of himself. But back then? Ick. Both to his looks and to his repulsive behavior regarding the women he wanted and got and his treatment of them when he was outed by them.

o
RE:* Marianne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

He may be physically unattractive, but perhaps his "intellect" persuaded Callista....

o

I agree that Newt is repulsive looking in the physical way as well as his morals. But I disagree about Clinton. That guy oozes charisma ,and I thought he was attractive, nothing that would appeal to me , but nice looking. I think he looks distinguished now.

o
RE*: Marianne Gingrich Squeeeeks for ABC

I agree with you lily about Clinton. I thought his energy and dynamism were appealing. I recall when he visited my city in VA and jogged along the streets. His charisma attracted great enthusiastic crowds. Yes, since the weight loss, he looks distinguished. When he speaks he has a certain gravitas, as well. I miss the days of his presidency, Monica be danged....

o

Honey can we have an open marriage . I promise to pay for any diseases I bring home, callista seems pretty clean. I mean it's not like she's Monica lawinsky or one of those tramps.

o

Callista will give him bird flu.

o

Monica was the meat thrown to the liberal wolves who needed to beat up on somebody for their President's bad behavior. She was just a kid and to this day, she is laughed at. And he is not.

I am reminded of the sick feeling I got when I would hear liberals defend Clinton's behavior and how they loved to laugh at and make fun of and hate on Monica, who wasn't all that much older than his own daughter.

Enough hypocrisy to go around, this country does have.

o

Thank you mylab for that. Jennifer Flowers I could understand. Monica was just a kid, and I thought at the time, she will live with this forever, and I put the blame on Clinton for that. Many of our presidents didn't have an impeccable past. It was just that either the press protected them, or they were far more discreet.

o
RE: Lost in Space

I mean it's not like Newt want asking for what has existed in Washington for years. Pro-forma marriages wives who rarely visit Washington, love nests exposed, political blackmail. Husbands who enrich their wives familes or vice versa. I don't grudge a roll in the hay just hsut the F up about scraments & sactity of marriage when your diddling that space creature.

o

What does it say about Calista that she was having an affair with a married man and willing to live as "the other woman" in an "open" relationship ?

I'm sorry but the man has a serious history of dishonesty and bad behaviour. Why does no one talk about the $300K in fines for ethics violations?

You can only excuse so much and then you have to ask yourself what the man stands for.

o

"I don't grudge a roll in the hay"

Ohh.....

You pick a date and I'll be there, Big Boy.

I heard someone say the other day that someone who's been married as many times as Newt has to be an eternal optimist. That has to be a plus.

Hay

o

Now there is a part here that hoep begs the great script write of all this to have the next chapter be a scandal that she was payed to speak on Nightline by......drum roll.
A The Koch Brothers
B Mitt Romney's Super Pac
C Newt Gingrich
D The Democrats
E Fox News
F Stephen Colbert
G A Consortium of International Bankers
F The Illuminati

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 19, 12 at 17:37

"What does it say about Calista that she was having an affair with a married man and willing to live as "the other woman" in an "open" relationship ?"

Chase, maybe Calista didn't tell Newt that, he just told Marianne that she did.

o

When major cracks in a person's ethics start being described as pluses, we're in more trouble as a society than we can possibly imagine.

o

I can't agree with Monica Lewinsky "being just a child". I'm sorry that she has to be labeled with this her whole life, I mean everybody makes bad choices but she was a consenting adult. Fact is, maybe in your generation "good girls didn't" but that changed to "good girls do!".

The problem comes back to the gop making family values, "traditional" marriage an issue including legislation. They are the ones that open themselves up to this. It is their business until they try to legislate other peoples business in this regard.

Remember how Hillary was vilified for staying with him!...and wow look how long they lasted!

o

My problem was that what happened between them disgusted the nation but half were disgusted for different reasons than the other half and the conversation continues today.

When the conversation about this subject comes up, the jokes and the put downs regarding Monica begin. But - even though she was a consenting adult, she was not yet at her mid 20's when it happened. And she was a young woman with no power. Yet, with liberals, for the most part the jokes and irritation remain with her, the conversation with most liberals end up with Clinton being a wonderful president who lied for an understandable reason rather than he was disgusting, treated her badly and treated the people of this country badly regarding it and treated his wife and child with an abomination of an attitude in public - and of the two of them, he was the President of the United States and was a married man and he lied about it to everyone and under oath.

I will never understand the defense of him or of the liberals ability to gloss over it all. Monica still to this very day is the joke and he is the man who is so admired. Yet whe was single and a young woman, he a married man in his 50's and the President of the United States.

The generalized liberal attitude then and now doesn't sit well with me. It's hypocritical to an extreme degree, IMO - I do understand that it's only my opinion.

If it had been an conservative president with the story of bad marital behavior before and during the White House involving a young intern and which had been exposed, the attitude would have been very, very different. Especially if conservatives had let him off the hook so vocally, even after lying under oath.

I understand that Monica behaved badly through her own choice, as did the President. However, Monica wasn't lying under oath, didn't make a speech denying it to the people, was a person of no power in a sexual situation with the most powerful man in the world at the time and Monica wasn't married.

Huge, huge difference. I'll never understand the continuing attitide of Liberals regarding this matter about both the man and the young woman.

o

I just saw that CNN led the debate with a question to Newt about the "open marriage" statement from her interview. I happen to think that was completely uncalled for and I'm glad that Newt called them on that. Let that get discussed in the news, we have better things to discuss in a DEBATE!

o

Dispicable.....boooo hoooo hooo crowd roars fade to feeling ashamed for hating this pig.
Not likely as much as I cant stand Santorum and Romney I'd take either of them over this lying sack of guano.

o

I'm just glad I don't live in SC. What a rabid crowd. I can't help thinking those people were probably all over Clinton back in the Monica days and YET, they like this cheating sack of poop. First wife was too old and fat, not a good look for a future first lady. Second wife wouldn't understand that he was "dating" Calista for 6 years while married , and these people don't want this lack of character brought up?? Get real. Wasn't it Newty himself who condemned Clinton publicly many times for Monica while he was in the middle of all this? What hypocrisy. >>And if Monica is still single, she can blame herself. She must have very low self esteem to throw her self at him as she did. His reputation was well known..he liked the ladies. But showing the president your thong, over the top. And yet Bill and Hill are still married , aren't they?

o

I hear ya, Mylab. That was not my experience at all. Everyone I knew thought Bill was a pig with women! But he didn't make defining marriage part of his policy agenda and he and Hillary are still together, as far as I am concerned - their biz! Like Lily said, Newt not only wasted valualble resources taking down Bill Clinton over a bj, he himself was having an affair at the time and now has the nerve to preach traditional marriage and that gay marriage tarnishes it? He can go suck it and he is getting what he deserves.

o

The whole pack is a bunch of pots calling the other kettles black, if you ask me.

First of all, if you throw yourself in the public's eye you have to be ready for a closet raid. That just goes without saying and is part of the territory. Second, what does it say about a man's character when he can't even honor a vow he made in marriage? Not a lot. It's cheating and lying, no matter how carefully you slice it.

Republican or Democrat, makes no difference. Cheating is cheating and lying is lying.

If you can't even hold up your end of a marriage vow, how can you stand there and dictate the morals of your constituents, straight or gay?

Flush the entire lot.

o

"I think, especially in the evangelical community, they understand the issue of forgiveness. But that does not necessarily translate into endorsing for leadership. When you look at the captain of the Costa Concordia, the guy who abandoned his responsibility -- I mean, who's going to put him in charge of a cruise ship again? I'm not getting on that cruise ship." - Hate group leader Tony Perkins, speaking about Newt Gingrich.

o

What does it say about a man's character that he can't even honor his marriage vows?

Thomas Jefferson
Franklin Roosevelt
Martin Luther King, Jr.
John F. Kennedy
Bill Clinton

What does it say about their character?

Apparently it doesn't tarnish their character too much in the grand scheme of things.

You may disagree with the history books if you like, however.

o

I just left a meeting of Sexual Compulsive Anonymous no one discussed Gingrich. It's a heal thyself & share experience strength & hope with other's program utilizing the 12 Steps.

The Character that is valued by the community may be sterling in their eyes often could be.
We read about it in the papers when the neighbors were shocked to find the paragon of the community the Sunday school teacher, the mayor the kindly crossing guard was having ..... for the last 20 years.
Celebrities, lawyers, librarians, clerics wall flowers, plumber, housewives not present in their own relationship with sex or intimacy. Some of them live in their own head to the determent of their spouses, some of them live on the internet, or in romantic obsessions with people who don't know they exist or worse people who respond back at first thinking it's just a fling & suddenly find themselves in mini versions of Fatal Attraction. Night after night around the US SAA SCA SLAA meetings meet & people try to fathom how the hell did I get here & what can I do about it & zipping up the pants is also just a symptom.
I've posted SCA's 14 characteristics before.

As adolescents, we used fantasy and compulsive masturbation to avoid feelings, and continued this tendency into our adult lives with compulsive sex.
Compulsive sex became a drug, which we used to escape from feelings such as anxiety, loneliness, anger and self-hatred, as well as joy.
We tended to become immobilized by romantic obsessions. We became addicted to the search for sex and love; as a result, we neglected our lives.
We sought oblivion in fantasy and masturbation, and lost ourselves in compulsive sex. Sex became a reward, punishment, distraction and time-killer.
Because of our low self-esteem, we used sex to feel validated and complete.
We tried to bring intensity and excitement into our lives through sex, but felt ourselves growing steadily emptier.
Sex was compartmentalized instead of integrated into our lives as a healthy element.
We became addicted to people, and were unable to distinguish among sex, love and affection.
We searched for some "magical" quality in others to make us feel complete. Other people were idealized and endowed with a powerful symbolism, which often disappeared after we had sex with them.
We were drawn to people who were not available to us, or who would reject or abuse us.
We feared relationships, but continually searched for them. In a relationship, we feared abandonment and rejection, but out of one, we felt empty and incomplete.
While constantly seeking intimacy with another person, we found that the desperate quality of our need made true intimacy with anyone impossible, and we often developed unhealthy dependency relationships that eventually became unbearable.
Even when we got the love of another person, it never seemed enough, and we were unable to stop lusting after others.
Trying to conceal our dependency demands, we grew more isolated from ourselves, from God, and from the very people we longed to be close to.
You could be the person who cures cancer & still be a sex addict or have as a lot of recovering sex addicts say intimacy issues or blind spots with intimacy.

My issue is if your untreated & strutting around telling other people how to live you got a big problem.

o

Be afraid, Callista. Newt will get bored again, eventually.

o

I really don't see her as different as him regardless of how much they donate to the Basilica of the Of the Immaculate Conception.

o

I agree-the wives are no different from Newt-each chose a relationship that was not appropriate. I have always been amazed that anyone would chose a relationship with a married person and then be surprised you have chosen a skunk. How dumb is that-and then there is the first wife...cradle snatcher.

o

I have always been amazed that anyone would chose a relationship with a married person and then be surprised you have chosen a skunk.
Characteristics 8 9 & 10 of Sexual Compulsives anonymous deals with this,

We became addicted to people, and were unable to distinguish among sex, love and affection.
We searched for some "magical" quality in others to make us feel complete. Other people were idealized and endowed with a powerful symbolism, which often disappeared after we had sex with them.
We were drawn to people who were not available to us, or who would reject or abuse us.

Often people choose to have relationships with total losers.
Ayone in the everyday audience watching would say "what are yah nuts" and all this person sees is their ticket to paradise. If you try to awaken such a sleep walker they will go for your throat or just ignore you as if you were the nut job.

o

I had to respond to the "Monica was just a kid" thing. What a crock. Monica was already experienced in the affair-with-married-man department before arriving in DC, and had talked about going to Washington to get her "presidential kneepads."

o

Lucky Monica..not everyone gets their heart's desire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here