Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santorum and Satan whats your take

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 5:39

Bryan Fischer claims the news Media is playing for Santorum & his Satan tales!
Any of you guys see a red suit & a pitchfork!

"These ego-driven, arrogant liberal pundits, completely out of touch with how ordinary, church-going, family-oriented Americans think, believe they are delivering one knock-out blow after another by giving the highest possible profile to statements Santorum makes that they think are wacko-extreme.

But these positions - whether on gay marriage, women in combat, the hoax of global warming, the existence of Satan and evil in the world - are extreme only in their own fevered imaginations. "

Does the ordinary church going family of today have an idea of ha Satan of the Torah or even the Bible

A quote from Isaiah 45 is appropriate:

5. I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me.
6. In order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the Lord and there is no other.
7. Who forms light and creates darkness, Who makes peace and creates evil; I am the Lord, Who makes all these.

These new fangled folk have almost an anti god rather than
a messenger of god a trcikster a confounder a tempter.

From this exchange we see that HaSatan is an angel who watches over the activities of humanity, searching for mankind’s sins and then appearing as their accuser to Hashem. HaSatan is not considered an opponent to Hashem as Christianity teaches. Monotheistic teachings are no more disturbed by the existence of HaSatan than by the presence of other beings that go before Hashem. This view is shown in Zechariah 3:1-2 where HaSatan is described as the adversary of the high priest Joshua.[1]

"Zechariah 3:1-2: (1) And He showed me Joshua, the High Priest, standing before the angel of the Lord. And Satan was standing on his right, to accuse him. (2) And the Lord said to Satan ): The Lord shall rebuke you, O Satan ; and the Lord shall rebuke you, He who chose Jerusalem. Is this one not a brand plucked from fire?"

It's not until the 4th Lateran council that the modern Christian notion of Satan as the fallen Morning Star comes into being.
Torah scholars regard this as a mistake that the fallen morning star was misidentified. The Fallen morning star was Nebuchadnezar.

In Isaiah 14:12 “Nebuchadnezzar is compared to the planet Venus whose light is still visible in the morning yet vanishes with the rise of the sun. ... Like the light of Venus, Nebuchadnezzar's reign shone brilliantly for a short time, yet, as the prophets foretold, was eventually overshadowed by the nation of Israel whose light endured and outlived this arrogant nation who tormented and exiled her.”

This king was the caster of lots for nations not the angel who was the servant of god.

Elaine Pagels has a pretty good book on the Subject the Origin of Satan.

Bryan Fischer says attacking Santorum is like attacking Jesus!

So guys & gals yah got Satan on your left shoulder the Christian modernist Satan or Satan of the Torah!

Was there a fall or was that just a bad translation in Rome!

Just a by the way the Fourth Lateran Council also required that Moslems & Jews wear special clothes to distinguish them from the good guys!

Canons 68, 69: Jews and Moslems shall wear a special dress to enable them to be distinguished from Christians. Christian princes must take measures to prevent blasphemies against Jesus Christ.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fischer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santorum and Satan whats your take

Santorum=Beelzebub...

o
RE: Santorum and Satan whats your take

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 9:27

This idiot hears a voice in his head telling him he was chosen to be president and he automatically thinks it's God? Satan has too easy of a job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here