Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newt wants Secret Service protection--

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 6:24

should he get it? It seems that Santorum got it after death threats. It seems that Newt wants it just to look like a viable candidate. It is being considered but I wouldn't approve it. Let him pay for it himself and please agree with me or I will feel moody all day...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newt wants Secret Service protection--

We, the public taxpayer, should pick up the tab for a potential candidate who feels his life is in danger? No. He can afford to hire his own security.

There are meds for that moodiness, ya know. ;-)

o

A committee decides who get this very expensive service beyond the front runner. At least Ron Paul had the decency to say that he wouldn't want to cost us that kind of money on himself. Newt, of course, would have no qualms about running up our tab just for show...

o

Can we get Secret Service protection FROM Newt?

o

Now, there's a question that begs a good answer, KT!

o

He was just here in my town pitching his $2.50 gasoline tonic to the townsfolk. Yech!

o
RE:t wants Secret Service protection--

Can't get him off of the national stage soon enough...

o

I wish we could scrape him from the sole of the US!

o

Richard, there are manties for all moods. That should cheer up your day.

o

"Just tell all your friends we're setting it up so you can go online at newt.org and you can give one Newt-gallon which is $2.50, or you can give 10 Newt gallons which is $25, or 100 Newt gallons which is $250 or a thousand Newt gallons which is $2500..."

Yeehaw!

o

At least Ron Paul had the decency to say that he wouldn't want to cost us that kind of money on himself.

I admire Ron Paul for that.

I heard what Ron Paul said was that the government could not do as good a job as the private sector can.

That's true. However, I've worked with and know several secret service agents, and they were all top notch.

o

All those left at this point should have it if requested. We live in a nation of nuts - grown on both sides and not even necessarily from political discourse. Just violently, controllingly nutty.

I say give it to him and all the rest still in it for as long as they are in the race, it't the proper and logical thing to do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here