Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will you be watching this weekend?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 6:27

It seems that the world is coming to a halt as the big game approaches. A local RI TV station has even provided a view of the locker room that the Patriots will be donning their jocks. Tom Brady's wife has called on friends and relatives to pray for victory for her darling husband. It is all beginning to psyche me up with anticipation and surely you are beginning to tremble with excitement too...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will you be watching this weekend?

ncaa basketball for me. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Well since my beloved Saints didn't make it, I'll be cheering on our hometown Manning boy.

o

We'll be watching from somewhere along the I-75 corridor assuming we can find a pub with a vacant seat!

o

Sorry, I'm not into any sports. The whole thing is overly-hyped, as is typical of our consume-at-all-costs society.

o

Nope. My granddaughter will be here and we are going to spend our day at the new Cleveland Aquarium. :)

o

An opportunity to consume my first pizza since I was warned off all high fat, high sodium, high fun food and drink. And from my favorite pizza shop AND purchased and delivered by my son. Watching the game is incidental. Go Packers [next year]!

o
RE:you be watching this weekend?

Hope you give your son a nice tip...

o
RE: //Will you be watching this weekend?

Or words of wisdom.

o

I'll be trying to watch the game while DH coaches, loudly, from the sidelines. He's just now recovering from laryngitis from the playoffs.

Go Pats!!!

Anyone want to share their snack menu, looking for ideas.

o
RE: be watching this weekend?

You gotta have some ribs...

o

No plans to watch.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 9:59

Yep, not crazy for either team but always watch the last game of the season. Hope it's a tight one! If not I'll take bathroom breaks during the game and watch the commercials, heehee...

o

I'll skip the 10 hour pre-game show and tune in at the kickoff. I'm not hugely invested in either team but will root for Giants and watch the commercials.

o

Well, I am hoping to enjoy a good football game even if none of my teams made it to the Superbowl.

And if we have cool weather, chili is on the menu. Yum

o

I've got a huge cake shaped like the Lucas Oil Dome. At kick off, a couple of very scantily clad young women wearing helmets of the opposing teams will jump out and start serving Veuve Clicquot to go with Big Al's Famous Kansas City Ribs and the peanuts.

o

Hell no! I'll be watching UFC this Saturday evening... and probably a movie or something on Sunday evening.

o

Didn't know anything was going on this week-end. Shows you how interested I am. : )

Kate

o

Well I'm excited because we will be watching in the States so I get to see the commercials for the first time ever!

o

Watching what?

o

I barely know who's playing. We're supposed to go to son's house as is our tradition, but the grandson is going to a big SB party so his mother opted out too which leaves me with the screaming guys unless I can convince her to go to a movie..Now if were the Phillies in the World Series, that would be a party I'd attend. But I hate football.

o

I don't think I've ever seen one of these affairs. One of my sisters invited me down this Sunday to the local American Legion. I may go down to say hi to some old friends that still live down in that neck of the woods. They're going to have lots of food too.

-Ron-

o

No matter where the prayers are coming from, national attention to prayers over who will win the football game offend the former Christian in me. It's a game, unworthy of prayer which would better be used for some of the missing and exploited children in the city the game is being played in. Sometimes I get the feeling that the game and prayer associated with it gets more attention than these children and the natl. prayers associated with them. I know that can't be true, but sometimes it appears that way. Too much importance placed upon a game - although I am a HUGE believer in having fun, and more fun the worse times are so in that way it's a good thing.

That aside, I'm not interested in football games except for a very, very few (local U's FABULOUS team of just terrific kids and coach - very interested) and even then, just tell me the score, don't make me watch how they got the score *LOL*

I wanna go to an afternoon movie and out to an early supper this weekend. Is the game being played on Sunday? If so, it has to be tomorrow because he will watch the Super Bowl.

He is not a huge football fan except for a quite a few more than I'm interested in, but he will watch the whole game and then bother me endlessly by tracking me down to tell me how the score was won or lost and I have to pretend to pay attention with cheerful animation *LOL*

He might end up watching with friends and he would have a far, far better time if he did as I have a paperback with a spine waiting to be cracked and would prefer to read in peace ;)

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 14:32

Dh has always been a Patriots fan, but he also loves the Saints. I couldn't care less, but I may catch a few commercials.

Paulines, I'm roasting a chicken tomorrow night and will turn the leftovers into Buffalo Chicken Dip served with celery and pita chips for the pre-game. Dh is doing blackened tuna for dinner that night.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo Chicken Dip

o
drooling!

If I lived at your house Natal, I would be the size of a whale, I swear. Delish food I don't have to prep? I'm all over that!! - although I'm not a fan of anything blackened, too hot/spicy for me, but I'm sure your DH would leave off the black if I begged ....or I could just pick out the tuna from the blackenend part *LOL*

o

• Posted by lenam Fitzwalkerstan (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 15:18

Only when the Packers are playing.

This year could have interesting new #Occupy segments.

o

Today a woman in Toronto told me that this was the U.S. football super-duper weekend.

I have to depend on Canadians to keep me informed.

o

Thanks Natal, the dip sounds really good. I've got chicken wings and nachos planned so far...not real creative, I know.

o

Ever since I worked on the business side of producing the half-time show, I've had a new appreciation for the Super Bowl. I'll be watching...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here