Return to the Hot Topics Forum

o
"you will regret doing this"

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 6:29

Not a good idea to disagree with this thin skinned White House. Bob Woodward who blames Obama for the sequester was yelled at by a senior White House official for thirty minutes and then received an email which stated, "you will regret doing this". Then Ploufe twitters that Woodwards time had more or less come and gone. Will they make a concerted effort to minimize one of the great journalists? Will the MSM stand on the sidelines and watch? Will you? We shall see.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "you will regret doing this"

Woodward should rest on his Watergate laurels...

o

Read the actual email and your understanding of what truly was said will improve. This was not a threat to Woodward.

o

Thank goodness no exclamation points ....

o

I haven't heard that expression since I was 14. :)

o

Is there an email to read?

o

Ah! Found it!

The aide "yelled at me for about a half hour," Woodward said, and then sent a follow-up email that read, in part: "You're focusing on a few specific trees that give a very wrong impression of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. … I think you will regret staking out that claim."

Mrsk, please R E A D the above and tell me how this is a threat. Without reference to drones. Thanks.

This post was edited by elly_nj on Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 7:43

o

In that email, the aide wrote: “I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. ... You’re focusing on a few specific trees that give a very wrong impression of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. … I think you will regret staking out that claim.”

According to Politico:

Bob Woodward called a senior White House official last week to tell him that in a piece in that weekend’s Washington Post, he was going to question President Barack Obama’s account of how sequestration came about -- and got a major-league brushback. The Obama aide “yelled at me for about a half hour,” Woodward told us in an hour-long interview yesterday around the Georgetown dining room table where so many generations of Washington’s powerful have spilled their secrets.

And from the linked article below:

Reached for comment, a White House official told The Huffington Post: "Of course no threat was intended. As Mr. Woodward noted, the email from the aide was sent to apologize for voices being raised in their previous conversation. The note suggested that Mr. Woodward would regret the observation he made regarding the sequester because that observation was inaccurate, nothing more. And Mr. Woodward responded to this aide's email in a friendly manner."

I guess mrskjun got the info from Sean Hannity; this article says that Woodward went to him to complain.

Here is a link that might be useful: source of course

o

mrskjun wrote,

Not a good idea to disagree with this thin skinned White House. Bob Woodward who blames Obama for the sequester was yelled at by a senior White House official for thirty minutes and then received an email which stated, "you will regret doing this". Then Ploufe twitters that Woodwards time had more or less come and gone. Will they make a concerted effort to minimize one of the great journalists? Will the MSM stand on the sidelines and watch? Will you? We shall see.

So lazy that even when you are trying to gratuitously attack the president, you don't even bother to check the false information you are being fed, and as a result you embarrass yourself by providing a fake quote, as well as a false characterization of the email in question. This proves you didn't even read the story you are pushing. So lazy. Talk about "standing on the sidelines;" now, that's hypocrisy.

Why are many conservatives so lazy about fact-checking? Is it really because they are afraid of what they might discover? It's so embarrassing for them when they make this sort of gaffe in public as mrskun has done.

o

It must be that it is done, on purpose, to get us riled up. No one could do it this often and not learn.....could they?

o

chase wrote,

It must be that it is done, on purpose, to get us riled up. No one could do it this often and not learn.....could they?

It could be asked whether if someone is open to learning, they might not hold they views they hold.

o

I agree. The president has defaulted enough times without twisted stories.

o

Bob Woodward was warned by the Obama White House that he would regret his "claim" of exposing President Obama's idea of the sequestration and the tax hikes that were in it.

The exact quote aside, this is the message.

It's obvious the Obama Media Support Team is all over this and the parroting of talking points has begun on this thread.
Another kill the messenger and divert from the topic.

The fact is that President Obama has orchestrated this sequester, played chicken with programs and funds, and is about to see what happens when he gambles and loses if the Republicans actually stand up to him this time.

Many of these cuts are discretionary in that the funds can be transferred to areas that are not "necessary," wasteful or redundant.

But you won't hear that from Obama.
He's trying to scare people to get his way and can stick it to more people to pay more in taxes. As he says, "we don't have a spending problem."

What a guy.
Typical Chicago politics.

_____

"Even after the sequester, the federal government will spend $15 billion more than it did last year, and 30% more than it did in 2007. Government spending on nondefense discretionary programs will be 19.2% higher and spending on defense will be 13.8% higher than it was in 2007.

For a typical American family that earns less than it did in the year President Obama was elected, the anguished cries and dark predictions coming out of the White House should elicit not sympathy but revulsion." ---WSJ Feb 27 2013

That's what President Obama and other politicians elicit in me--revulsion.

o

when you are trying to gratuitously attack the president, you don't even bother to check the false information

Not the first time this has happened. Facts are but a minor bump on the hyper-partisan highway.

Next comment should express surprise that there are so many blind supporters of President Obama, or that he is the 'chosen one' or any number of the canned responses that we've come to know and love over the years.

o

I agree. The president has defaulted enough times without twisted stories.

Exactly Brush, why jump on stupid unsubstantiated dumb stuff when there are legitimate issue to discuss. I think it is because simple misquotes are easier for the easy lead base of the party.

There is health care that should have been single payer
There is the drone program that could be picked the heck apart

So many issues if there is a need to jump around about that would make a person look so much better than the stupid issues that Sean Hannity feeds his followers.

o

It's obvious the Obama Media Support Team is all over this and the parroting of talking points has begun on this thread.
Another kill the messenger and divert from the topic.

Bears repeating.

o

demi's quote is about government spending going up. It is interesting to know that even with the defense cut in the sequester, the Congressional Budget Office shows that defense-related spending will continue to grow every year after 2013.

Someone is not addressing the root problem for sure. With the wars winding down, historically you see defense spending cut by at least a third afterwards. Yet it is going up.

After the Korean War, the base defense budget fell by 43 percent. After the Vietnam War, it fell by 33 percent. After the Soviet Union toppled and the Cold War ended, it fell by 36 percent. Ezra Klein

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

demifloyd wrote,

Bob Woodward was warned by the Obama White House that he would regret his "claim" of exposing President Obama's idea of the sequestration and the tax hikes that were in it.

False. What you wrote above is a falsehood. You will be unable to substantiate it with evidence. Therefore, it can be dismissed.

The exact quote aside, this is the message.

Thank you for admitting that mrskjun posted a false quote. I appreciate your willingness to call out another Tea Party supporter when they post false information. There is hope.

the parroting of talking points has begun on this thread.

I assume you are referring to what mrskjun posted to start this thread. It is very embarrassing, I agree. Thank you again for calling her on the fake quote, and now for parroting a right-wing talking point.

o

And it's so easy to find the source, just a quick Google search is all it takes.

But if you don't want to know "the rest of the story", then you won't do a search.

I must add, though, that I am frequently surprised by just how incompetent and incurious, seemingly competent people are about using the resources of the internet. Many, many times at work I will provide information on a current health issue only to have people ask where I found it. When I say I Googled it, they look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language. I've actually had to sit down with coworkers, at their computers and show them how to do a search.

These are the same people who still go no farther than the home page of their ISP (or Fox News), and never venture off. They are actually as afraid of the internet as they are of the truth.

Maybe that's the problem many conservatives have.

Go figure.

o

Uncle Saul would be proud of y'all!

o

The problem many conservatives seem to have is

lack of critical thinking skills

lack of reading comprehension skills

lack of ability to think on their own

lack of ability to research and verify if what they are told from the talking points, the latest circulating emails are true or false.

Believing that if one of their cohorts, their conservative talking point "showmen" tell them that it's true, then it must be true.

Tis called blind faith, being gullible and falling for everything one is told.

o

So predictable.

Mock those who point out false information.

Remember the black rotary telephone with the caption of 'GOP smart phone.'

This post was edited by nancy_in_venice_ca on Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 10:12

o

The actual email exchange.

from Gene Sperling to Bob Woodward on Feb. 22, 2013

Bob:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall - but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here.

But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand barain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start. It was an accepted part of the understanding" from the start. Really. It was assumed by the Rs on the Supercommittee that came right after: it was assumed in the November-December 2012 negotiations. There may have been big disagreements over rates and ratios - but that it was supposed to be replaced by entitlements and revenues of some form is not controversial. (Indeed, the discretionary savings amount from the Boehner-Obama negotiations were locked in in BCA: the sequester was just designed to force all back to table on entitlements and revenues.)

I agree there are more than one side to our first disagreement, but again think this latter issue is diffferent. Not out to argue and argue on this latter point. Just my sincere advice. Your call obviously.

My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

Gene

From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob

Sounds like two people being cordial and polite to each other. How about you?

o

Anyone who can read the content of that email and not understand that the spin it has been given by the right is an out an out lie simply does not want to accept the truth. They want to believe the lie.....they almost need to believe the lie...sad.

o

Sounds like two people being cordial and polite to each other. How about you?

Exactly, David.

So where is the threat in this emailed conversation again?

Is there something that most of us are missing in this emailed conversation?

Or is it just a simple problem with reading comprehension on the GOP side?

o

Embarrassing, no, when gullible rubes get duped? Willingly, no less?

o

If you think about it, going on CNN = yelling at an empty chair.

o

I am embarrassed for mrskjun and demi.

As is said: it's all there in black and white.

o

This story was elsewhere when I got on the computer this morning, and I'd read the email exchange before listening to the OP video clip.

No doubt, a lion's share of the blame here on the email interpretation rests squarely on Woodward's shoulders.

Jebus, that dude has seriously aged. And not well.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 8:11

I don't believe it is done on purpose. I think that you are overestimating the intelligence of the few that keep posting inaccurate information over and over and over again.

~Ann

o

"Looks like we were played," The Daily Caller's Matt Lewis wrote Thursday morning.

Conservatives Regret Taking Woodward’s ‘Threat’ Story Seriously

David Taintor 10:44 AM EST, Thursday February 28, 2013

Now that the correspondence between Bob Woodward and the White House has been revealed as tame and cordial, conservative commentators are reacting with disappointment to the veteran journalist's claim that he was threatened over his sequestration reporting.

Politico on Thursday posted the emails between Woodward and White House economic adviser Gene Sperling, who told Woodward, "as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim."

"Looks like we were played," The Daily Caller's Matt Lewis wrote Thursday morning.

RedState editor Erick Erickson was also surprised after reading the emails...

Any bets on whether our usual suspects...um...will regret doing this

The Noise Machine cares not who it chews up and spits out. It has FUD to disseminate.

o

No need to be embarrassed, Marshall.

I read the email before I posted.

There are different types of threats--this was a polite one.

The recipient is in a better position to judge the tenor of the exchanges than any of us.

o

"Read the actual email and your understanding of what truly was said will improve. This was not a threat to Woodward."

Bob Woodward "read the actual email."

It didn't "improve" his "understanding."

He's still calling it a threat.

o

I think that you are overestimating the intelligence of the few that keep posting inaccurate information over and over and over again.

And defending it,

Even though the Noise Machine admits to having been played.

Quite an amusing spectacle. I'm LOLzing.

o

So Woodward goes on CNN, stutters and babbles incoherently for a bit, says he was threatened. Actual emails come out, showing polite, friendly conversation, where it would be a real stretch to see anything as a threat but a friendly caution that Woodward's interpretation will be proven wrong.

And now, in spite of the people who jumped all over this admitting they were played, we have the staunch keyboard warriors defending the worst possible interpretation as 'da truth'.

Anyway, lets keep the conversation away from actually closing the tax loopholes on carried interest, corporate jets, and offshore shell accounts.

And force Obama to make the cuts in aid for disabled kids, then blame him for that next election.

And harp on his failure, as President, to 'lead' the congress to do their constitutionally mandated spending.

This post was edited by david52 on Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:01

o

"Bob Woodward rocked Washington this weekend with an editorial that hammered President Obama for inventing “the sequester” and then being rude enough to ask that Congress not make us have the sequester. Woodward went on “Morning Joe” this morning, and he continued his brutal assault:

“Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ‘Oh, by the way, I can’t do this because of some budget document?’” Woodward said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“Or George W. Bush saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to invade Iraq because I can’t get the aircraft carriers I need’ or even Bill Clinton saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to attack Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters,’ as he did when Clinton was president because of some budget document?” Woodward added. “Under the Constitution, the president is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time.”

Speaking of kinds of madness, Woodward’s actual position here is insane. As Dave Weigel points out, “some budget document” is a law, passed by Congress and signed by the president. Woodward is saying, why won’t the president just ignore the law, because he is the commander in chief, and laws should not apply to him. That is a really interesting perspective, from a man who is famous for his reporting on the extralegal activities of a guy who is considered a very bad president!

Also, that George W. Bush analogy is amazing. It would have been a good thing for him to invade and occupy Iraq without congressional approval? Say what you will about George W. Bush, at least he was really, really devoted to invading Iraq. (And yes the Reagan line, lol.)

There is nothing less important about “the sequester” than the question of whose idea it originally was. So, naturally, that is the question that much of the political press is obsessed with, to the exclusion of almost everything else. Republicans have been making the slightly incoherent argument that a) the sequester, which is a bad thing, is entirely Obama’s fault, b) Obama is exaggerating how bad the sequester will be, and c) the sequester, which is Obama’s fault, is preferable to not having the sequester. Woodward has lately been fixated on Obama’s responsibility for the idea of the sequester, but at this point, the important question is who will be responsible if it actually happens. On that question, Woodward, and others, have taken the position that it will be Obama’s fault because he has failed to “show leadership.” But laws come from Congress. The president signs or vetoes them. Republicans in the House are unwilling and unable to repeal the law Congress passed creating the sequester. All Obama can do is ask them to pass such a law, and to make the case to the public that they should pass such a law. And Obama has been doing those things, a lot. / snip end quote

Here is a link that might be useful: More on Woodward's recent ramblings

o

"Read the actual email and your understanding of what truly was said will improve. This was not a threat to Woodward."

Bob Woodward "read the actual email."

It didn't "improve" his "understanding."

He's still calling it a threat

Where in his response to the email does he indicated he felt threatened?.

From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob

The White House told The Huffington Post that Sperling was merely trying to tell Woodward he would regret writing something that was inaccurate.

Apparently Woodward is like some of the "Republicans/conservatives" here. They don't care if what they spout is accurate or not.

o

Am I understanding this correctly?

Woodward is saying that Obama should do what Richard Nixon did and, essentially, got exposed by the investigative reporters Woodward and Bernstein, otherwise known as the same Bob Woodward that is whining he was threatened by the present day white house.

Os that what Woodward now saying?

Or have I missed something in all of this?

o

Mrsk, please R E A D the above and tell me how this is a threat. Without reference to drones.

Teehee. Chuckle. Snort!

...you will regret doing this...

We can destroy you! You'll never work in this town again! We have ways of dealing with your kind.

bwahahahahahah....

I LOVE reading the reactionary sites and how they interpret the world.

-Ron-

o

demifloyd wrote

Uncle Saul would be proud of y'all!

Let's see: A contentless group insult built on a baseless ad hominem and a hypothetical straw man. Impressive fallacy density, even for you; congratulations.

At least you already called out mrskjun for posting a false quote as a result of being manipulated by the media and being too lazy to check into it before embarrassing herself.

o

Geez...where in my OP did I ever call it a threat? Maybe Bob Woodward did, but I have no personal knowledge of that. The darling of the left when he disparages the right. A has been if he disparages the left...very good.

Of course he is right about the sequester. I think another that you love to hate, Rudy Gulliani put it best. If you make a hundred thousand a year and your boss gives you a hundred and seven thousand dollar raise next year, and then comes back and says sorry, I can only give you a hundred thousand dollar raise...are you still going to be able to pay your bills? Turning loose 3 to 500 illegal aliens before the sequestration even happens? Nothing but scare tactics, there are no cuts to monies already being spent.

Even Obama is trying to stop his own spin.

o

Geez...where in my OP did I ever call it a threat?

Are these your words implying that the sky had fell??
Not a good idea to disagree with this thin skinned White House.

One of Bush's butchered quotes fit so many of the sky is falling Faux reports ......"fool me once, shame on " shame on you. Fool me " you can't get fooled again.".

Bush was wrong they get fooled again and again.

A Fool And His Money, and his integrity, his Character and his Personal Responsibility Are Easily Parted"

o

Perhaps I missed it but where did Woodward himself say the WH "threatened him" ?

o

I DO like this new form of comedy, via Internet Performance Art.

Funny as heck!

o

A lot of hullabaloo over nothing. The emails say the facts but the conservatives get their news from ONE source, Faux News. Google is NOT their friend.

That said, I feel sad one of of my former idols, Bob Woodward is nothing like the man he was when he was young reporter who helped bring down a corrupt president. My feeling about him have nothing to do with this, but in the last decade or two his books, his philosophy is??...where is the brave young reporter with guts? Nowhere to be seen.

o

I'd recommend watching the op video clip where Woodward says what he says, then read the actual email exchange.

Woodward does not speak very coherently, and the actual email exchange does not back him up in any way - except the most awkward interpretation imaginable.

o

chase wrote: Anyone who can read the content of that email and not understand that the spin it has been given by the right is an out an out lie simply does not want to accept the truth. They want to believe the lie.....they almost need to believe the lie...sad.

It was Woodward who gave that email the spin and most of the right is running with it. Evidently Woodward and the right didn't think the email and his response to it would be made public or, if it was, that people aren't intelligent enough to understand what it really was about. I believe that Woodward thinks he needs another 15 minutes, but he chose the wrong way to get them. Shows his true nature, unfortunately for him.

o

I don't believe it is done on purpose. I think that you are overestimating the intelligence of the few that keep posting inaccurate information over and over and over again.

Agreed and it's what I said on the last one of these silly posts by the same poster.

If only I could put money on what this poster's posts are about and who will jump in to defend them...I'd be rich, I tell you!

o

LOL jill, you can always SOB, but you just can't help yourself can you?

o

"........ or, if it was, that people aren't intelligent enough to understand what it really was about."

BINGO!!!!!!!

o

mrskjun wrote,

Geez...where in my OP did I ever call it a threat?

When you posted this fabricated quote:

[He] received an email which stated, "you will regret doing this".

You said,

Maybe Bob Woodward did, but I have no personal knowledge of that.

It's already been proven that you have no knowledge of this story, but thanks for belatedly admitting it. Maybe demifloyd's calling you on your fake quote helped push you along.

o

Anytime Woodward can create a "scandal" he becomes a richer man. So why wouldn't he create as many as he can?

o

I'd be rich, I tell you!

No way, Jill.

Too many of us would be betting / predicting the same responses as you. We'll have to entice some suckers new members to HT in order to rake the dough in.

o

mrskjun wrote,

Um, you just read Jill's post. Tag, you're it.

o

Turning loose 3 to 500 illegal aliens before the sequestration even happens?

Uh, what does THAT have to do with this topic? Oh wait:

Nothing but scare tactics

That certainly describes your post, mrskjun. Can't convince them with the original post, try another tactic ...

o

But, then I would miss my daily HT laugh. I thank you for providing it. I used to get riled up because I thought you were doing it intentionally. But, now that I realize that's not the reason you post this stuff, I just get a chuckle out of it.

---

No way, Jill.

Too many of us would be betting / predicting the same responses as you.

Darn! Ah, well, there goes that get rich quick scheme...

o

But, then I would miss my daily HT laugh.

I agree it is great comic relief. There are some when you see they have started a topic you start laughing before the topic opens. You just know it is going to be a laugh.

o

Turning loose 3 to 500 illegal aliens before the sequestration even happens?

And these are the same people that were hogging the fainting couches because they claimed that there were 12 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. So freeing three -- count 'em; one, two, three -- is cause for another race to the fainting couches.

Hey, Jill! Now this may be a money maker -- our own HT line of fainting couches. Traditional, transitional, cottage, modern, tribal; the possibilities are endless.

o

Personally I think ALL Americans posting here should take a deep breath and look at what is happening and how the political establishment is pitting you one against another.

Despite your philosophical differences you are "the people ". You should be united in achieving basic common goals but your government and the media ( and not just the mainstream) are manipulating you to their own purposes.....and you are playing right into it.

o

At 3:58 pm, Fox news.com is still running this as the TOP story with another journalist "coming forward" to say he was bullied by the Obama White House over his columns.

OMG, OMG, OMG!

chase, I don't feel like we are being pitted against one another. Some people are just unfortunately revealing how gullible they are. The non-gullible ones just feel sorry for them.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 16:08

Considering how open and generous the White House and the President and his family have been with Woodward, he kind of stabbed them in the back with this. I suspect the regret will be much less free access to the President and his papers, etc.

And that's as it should be. "Truth" or not, there are better ways for Woodward to have said what he wanted to say. Woodward seems to have become a legend in his own mind.

o

and you are playing right into it.

There are several of us that don't buy into the austerity propaganda at all. That the Democrats have and are playing along with this tawdry charade is a shame. There have been cites for Stiglitz, Krugman, Galbraith, and others warning what austerity will do. The ideologues are demanding austerity for the social services, environmental protections, etc. while pushing for ever more corporate welfare aka military-industrial-intelligence complex.

The charade is another thinly disguised ploy to redistribute even more money to the elites.

o

Woodward IS a legend in his own mind. He's trying to recapture the limelight of his youth. I have not cared for him or his views in recent times. If I have to listen to him drawl one more time... It takes him forever to finish a thought. I hope he gets the same treatment from Obama as Faux News does. Persona non grata.

o

Got yer Acme Fainting Couch right here

o

Hey, Jill! Now this may be a money maker -- our own HT line of fainting couches. Traditional, transitional, cottage, modern, tribal; the possibilities are endless.

Oh, now you are talking my language! This could be a ton of fun while we rake in the dough! I do love to decorate!

and you are playing right into it

I disagree, Chase. Only some of us are that gullible (not really the word I want, but can't use the word I want to).

nancy's post @16:10 is spot on.

o

Got yer Acme Fainting Couch right here

Oh, we can sell the lingerie to match! Thanks, david!

o

Jill when I say you're are all playing right into it....I mean the conservative spin machine is in full gear riling up the base and the left is taking the bait.

Case in point , wasting time on this thread .

o

Mrskjun,

The White House lit this exploding cigar, and now they can't put it out. It has no idea how to deal with a reporter it can't intimidate.

Here is a link that might be useful: White House warning

o

Must just send tickles up your spine............too bad the real issues don't garner the same attention

o

"The sky is falling!!"

Oh,oh!

Bwahahahahaha!

o

Now they are grasping on to, what used to be their "arch enemy" as proof of how evil the "guy in the white house is".

If it wasn't so pathetic, on all sides, it might actually be funny.

The people and the country suffer at the expense of the GOP and, per the usual, the GOP doesn't care.

How they expect to explain this one to the people and win elections, now that is going to be something to see.

o

nikoleta wrote,

Mrskjun,

The White House lit this exploding cigar, and now they can't put it out. It has no idea how to deal with a reporter it can't intimidate.

How would you know? The supposedly intimidating quote mrskjun posted is a fabrication. Even demifloyd called her on it, and that's really saying something, given her own record.

o

Jill when I say you're are all playing right into it....I mean the conservative spin machine is in full gear riling up the base and the left is taking the bait.
Case in point , wasting time on this thread .

Got it. And, yes, you are 100% correct. But, like I said good for some laughs. And nancy and I have a business idea :-)

o

Even the half-smart people usually skitter away from discussion threads, never to be seen again, when it is pointed out what went wrong. Especially when people start comparing it to comedy.

This crew? My, my.

I'm starting to wonder if our cast of characters is actually a practice run by an author, testing out believability of characters for some play or show. No way this crew is watchable!

o

Maybe this one I would call a threat.

Washington Times columnist and Democratic insider Lanny Davis tells WMAL-AM that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."

yuck yuck, chuckle chuckle, bwahahahaha

o

mrskjun wrote,

Maybe this one I would call a threat... [Etc. etc.]

Sorry, you're stuck in place until you retract the false quote you posted when you titled and started this thread. Your credibility is currently at zero. Are you a Democratic shill trying to make conservatives look ridiculous and dishonest?

o

Unfortunately Jill for many of us it has worn thin after reading these same type of posts for so many years. .

Nothing like rushing to post the latest trash at 6:30 am to intentionally antagonize. Some have nothing better to do with their early mornings than than scour the r/w blogs and media looking for the latest odj to stir the pot. Facts be darned.

o

Sorry mrskjun, I already broke that story earlier in the thread.

o

Mrs...you win. I'm crying " UNCLE ".

The fact you , Demi and Nik have chosen to run with this load of carp has removed the last vestige of respect I had for any of you. This one is so over the top. Only a person who is incredibly closed minded and filled with loathing for the President could read those emails and still defend the spin

Have a nice life .........

o

Edited to remove duplicate post....although it was worth repeating.

This post was edited by chase on Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 21:07

o

That said, I feel sad one of of my former idols, Bob Woodward is nothing like the man he was when he was young reporter who helped bring down a corrupt president

Yes, he is.

He's just doing it to someone you admire.

o

He's just doing it to someone you admire.

Trying to hide the shame and embarrassment.

o

Why sure he is, we now have another corrupt president who cannot be brought down die to his race. No I am not a racist, I am a realist.
The man said he doesnt feel threatened. But he may be day dreaming,this is the bplace where people disappear. I would not take a threat by this whitehouse lightly!

o

WxDano, that is cute. The losers are funny. Where is that post about how the MSM never tell them the truth until MSM tell them a lie they want NEED to believe. Anything to make them feel better because they lost.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 23:17

Actually I think we can all recall times when the relationship between the whitehouse (under all the presidents) has been less than cordial.

It is not new to this presidency, and I imagine it will get worse as time goes by considering the public's appetite for "gotcha news".

o

Remember Valarie Plame?

Now thats White House retaliation. Out a CIA spy, trash her and her husbands name all over the press.

And gee, it turned out he was right about the bogus shipments of uranium from Niger to Iraq.

o

I can guarantee you Valerie Plame never got a threatening e-mail from the WH. Nor a veiled e-mail, nor a cordial e-mail. No residents of that house need to threaten a civilian.

o

Remember Valarie Plame?

I was just going to google that incident David. Bush and company put the woman's life in danger. The man could have lost his wife and she was serving her country.

o

The Valarie Plame incident was life threatening. Were the Righties outraged then? Hell, no. As I said back when Bernstein and Woodward made their reputation by bringing down Nixon, they were my heroes. I think Bernstein still is. I stopped liking Woodward way before this debacle. At the gym, I had to check OReilly. Yeppers. He was leading off with this "threatening "email. Whoa. Maybe Obama put a hit on old Bob's wife.

Desperation, it aint pretty.

o

o

A lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shallow end of the pool

o

Ok, I was going to let this one go but the whole thing has drifted so far from what I saw and read last night and have been hearing for the past week I have to say it. Mrskjun said nothing inaccurate in the OP. However when I clicked the link the title used the word threatened which Woodward himself refused to use. I saw three separate programs that showed the text of the E-mail and have seen several sites that showed the exact same text and no one here managed to get it quite right. I think the statement that "you will regret doing this" has been misconstrued, reconstructed, re-misconstrued and twisted along with Woodward's comments to become totally different from the original intent. If the original comment was innocent, the author of the e-mail needs to learn to be more precise in his wording.

In case none of you was paying attention, Woodward has been saying all week that the sequester was originally out of the White house. There has been a plethora of videos showing Obama taking credit for the idea and comparison videos showing him currently denying he had anything to do with it. Make of it what you will. The media hysteria would be hilarious if it were not so pitiful. Yours is pretty much the same. I'll bet that none of you bothered to actually listen to Woodward on Hannity last night so your info has been filtered a bit too much for my taste. Pretty much the same way the left formed their opinion of the Ellison interview. Some of you are so deep into the kool-aid you are drowning. All you can produce is garble, glug...glug.

The comment on the upcoming sequester disasters I like the best is the California Congresswoman stating that it will cost 170 million jobs when the Dept of Labor Statistics says we have less than 150 million jobs in total.

o

LOL sleepless, I heard someone say this morning that maybe Maxine means to bring in 20 million illegal aliens to make up the difference.

o

Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 9:28

Thursday night, Woodward was appearing on Fox News with a large graphic on the screen: “Woodward Explains Why He Feels Threatened by the White House.”

....might just be why some feel, and he is now correcting, that Woodward felt threatened?

Here is a link that might be useful: source of course

o

Just another distraction away from the business at hand. And the rubes eat it up, just like they count on.

o

"Identifying the origins of the sequester has become a major Washington fight. Bob Woodward weighed in recently with a Washington Post op-ed making the case that the idea began in the White House. He’s right in a narrow sense, mainly because he focuses on the middle of the 2011 negotiations between Obama and Republican lawmakers. If you look before and after, a different picture emerges.

In our view, what happened is quite straightforward: In 2011, House Republican leaders used their new majority to force their priorities on the Democratically controlled Senate and the president by holding the debt limit hostage to demands for deep and immediate spending cuts. After negotiations between Obama and House Speaker John A. Boehner failed (Eric Cantor recently took credit for scuttling a deal), the parties at the eleventh hour settled on a two-part solution: immediate discretionary spending caps that would result in cuts of almost $1 trillion over 10 years; and the creation of a “supercommittee” tasked with reducing the 2012-2021 deficit by another $1.2 trillion to $1.5 trillion. If the supercommittee didn’t broker a deal, automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade "the sequester" would go into effect. The sequester was designed to be so potentially destructive that the supercommittee would surely reach a deal to avert it.

The sequester’s origins can’t be blamed on one person - or one party. Republicans insisted on a trigger for automatic cuts; Jack Lew, then the White House budget director, suggested the specifics, modeled after a sequester-like mechanism Congress used in the 1980s, but with automatic tax increases added. Republicans rejected the latter but, at the time, took credit for the rest. Obama took the deal to get a debt-ceiling increase. But the president never accepted the prospect that the sequester would occur, nor did he ever agree to take tax increases off the table." end quote

As if it matters to the hundreds of thousands of people taking a 20% pay cut, or those getting fired.

As for Woodward:

o

From your link om...
"“The problem is there are all kinds of reporters who are much less experience, that are younger, and if they’re going to get roughed up in this way,” he later added. “I’m getting flooded with emails people in the press saying this is the way the White House works, they’re trying to control and they don’t want to be challenged or crossed.”

Without an unfettered press, without liberty of speech, all of the outward forms and structures of free institutions are a sham, a pretense -- the sheerest mockery. If the press is not free; if speech is not independent and untrammeled; if the mind is shackled or made impotent through fear, it makes no difference under what form of government you live, you are a subject and not a citizen - William E. Borah

o

Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 10:03

Also from my link: What do you think about the large graphic on the screen: “Woodward Explains Why He Feels Threatened by the White House.”

This is why I do not watch cable (entertainment) news, unfortunately those who watch these talking heads believe they are journalists when all they are doing is giving opinion.

Viewers see this large graphic, and depending on how they feel about a political party, run with it without bothering to do research to find the "entire" story.

I think it is more the matter of listening to what we agree with instead of thinking outside partisan talking points.

Like I said above the press and the whitehouse has a long long history, way before Obama of contentious relations.

o

Of course the press should not be intimidated and should be free to pursue and expose whatever needs to be exposed. I don't know of anyone that disagrees with that.

But this friendly "hey buddy, we've known each other for years and I think you're wrong on this and it will look bad on you" comment is by no means intimidation.

o

Msk you should stop listening to your info chamber unless you use them for humor as many here at HT.

The comment on the upcoming sequester disasters I like the best is the California Congresswoman stating that it will cost 170 million jobs when the Dept of Labor Statistics says we have less than 150 million jobs in total.

The DOL project job loss and gain which give you a total of jobs. I think if you do a little search you will think about that comment. Do not let these yahoos make fools of you. This is people's lives they are putting in jeopardy with this silliness of some old man that wants 15 min of fame.

Do you not understand no one has said the words were not used but a few words do not make a sentence. To get the meaning of those words you have to read the entire sentence. Seems to be a problem with the right.

I am aware that the Sequester was offered up by Obama but I also remember what surrounded the issue and why it was offered. Do you? It was voted on and passed in the house. Boehner went on every news station saying he and his party got 98% of what they wanted.

The cuts are set up that it is not across the board. Gov't funds are specific for each area. A department cannot say if they do not have enough money to cover meals on wheels, they will take it out of transportation to deliver the meals.

So when you say kool aide drinkers that would be a correct statement. Some will only look to see what they can find that this Administration is doing instead of educating themselves of the issues and the effect they have on their lives.

o
Derp Throat

TPM has been having the most fun with this comedy, calling the conversation between Axelrod and Woodward on Morning Joe "Derp Throat".

And my RSS feed has precious few stories on the sequester.

Mission Accomplished! WE all have outrage fatigue!

o

Woodward continues to stoke the fires that feed his need for attention:

Legendary journalist Bob Woodward said Friday that the focus on his quarrel with a close White House adviser over the sequester is a “sideshow” detracting from the real debate over who is responsible for the deep spending cuts about to go into effect.

“It’s been pointed out that this is a sideshow, which it is,” the Washington Post journalist told Matt Lauer on TODAY from Washington. “This is the old trick in the book of making the press, or some confrontation with the press, the issue, rather than what the White House has done here.”

What the administration has done, Woodward said, is skirt the issue over whose actions put into play the deep budget cuts, known as the sequester, that automatically go into effect Friday throughout the federal government.

As far as I know, the focus doesn't need to be on the "the issue" of who started it, but on the issue of solving it. Of course the GOP would rather push the blame game here than do the work to solve it. Woodward is a good shill for them these last few days ....

Of course mrskjun will denounce him for focusing all the attention on blaming someone ... she is all about calling people out for blaming other people. Tell 'em, mrskjun: "time to solve this thing or accept it, not blame people!!"

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

"Woodward continues to stoke the fires that feed his need for attention."

Meanwhile liberals continue personal attacks on Woodward, determined to bring White House warnings of "regret" to fruition.

o

Meanwhile liberals continue personal attacks on Woodward, determined to bring White House warnings of "regret" to fruition.

Dear Comedy Writer practicing their craft via Internet Performance Art:

That line wasn't believable. Your character is drifting off course.

Sincerely,

The Reality-Based Community

o

If Woodward feels threatened then it's time he hang up his spurs. It's over for him.

o

sleeplessinftwayne wrote,

Mrskjun said nothing inaccurate in the OP.

Wrong. What is with conservatives' inability to engage in the simplest reading task?

mrskjun wrote,

[Woodward] received an email which stated, "you will regret doing this".

That statement is false. The supposed quote from the email is fabricated. You now say that you read not just one, but three copies of the email from different sources, and you still failed to see this stark falsehood. Really unbelieveable.

I think the statement that "you will regret doing this" has been misconstrued, reconstructed, re-misconstrued and twisted along with Woodward's comments to become totally different from the original intent. If the original comment was innocent, the author of the e-mail needs to learn to be more precise in his wording.

No. You need to be more precise with your reading.

Looking forward to your retraction.

o

fancifowl wrote,

this is the bplace where people disappear. I would not take a threat by this whitehouse lightly!

What Administration enemy has "disappeared" during Obama's tenure?

o

Meanwhile liberals continue personal attacks on Woodward

If the man wants to spend his investigative time on talking about "who started the sequester" vs. highlighting how our elected officials have failed to address the upcoming sequester ever since they approved it (they have known this was coming since August 2011), then he is not using his investigative talents to benefit the American people.

It is no secret that Congress approved this. I fail to understand the significance of who started it. In the end, they are the ones that approved it.

Talk instead about who didn't SOLVE it.

o

We're drinking the kool aid while YOU listen to Hannity??? OMG!!. It's the Faux outrage dujour. What happened to Benghazi? Anyone who gets their talking points from Fox should be ignored. Woodward is desperately trying to be relevant, and he's not any longer.

o

I do think that Woodward will regret continuing to push this as an item in the national news now that the actual emails have come out. But I guess he can't see a way to gracefully back out of it.

o

As is often the case, Charlie Pierce has the best description:

The problem with Bob Woodward is not the egregious power-slurping, nor the thousand-page doorstops that power-slurping produces with the monotonous regularity of cows walking up through he slaughter-pens. The problem with Bob Woodward is that, for all his formidable reputation, he's something of a meathead. He can't write his name. His analysis is inevitably the most lugubrious recitation of the latest right-leaning Beltway conventional wisdom. If he's ever had an original or interesting thought, it died of loneliness. And now, it appears, he's become a paranoid meathead...

This story should be deader than Kim Jong-Il. Bob said something silly about something Gene Sperling said to him. He got a couple of suckers from Tiger Beat On The Potomac to listen to his accounts of the tiny black helicopters now circling his skull. He released a full rack of e-mails that made him look even sillier. But, hey, he's Bob Fking Woodward, and you're not, and maybe the profession owes him a couple, so the whole matter likely would have faded from his public profile the way that his ludicrous account of a deathbed Iran-Contra confession from William Casey apparently has.

Except that he won't...shut...up.

On Thursday night, he went on TV without a HazMat suit to plead his case to Sean Hannity, whom Woodward took time to power-slurp.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Like these dolts here defending their doltitude.

o

...the doyen of capital insiders has usually settled for a hybrid of investigation, damage control, stenography, and the megaphone.

Christopher Hitchens on Bob Woodward

Personally, I think Woodward is just plain ticked that he doesn't have the access that he had during the Bush years. I've also felt that as a political investigative writer, he's never been the brightest bulb in the library.

-Ron-

o

Good question lily...have you got the answers about Benghazi? Do you think we ever will? How long should the old video maker stay in jail for causing it do you think?

o

Maybe that's what Woodward should be investigating, mrskjun. A lot more potential meat there than "who started the idea of having a sequester?"

o

have you got the answers about Benghazi? Do you think we ever will?

You had your Congressional hearings.

How long should the old video maker stay in jail for causing it do you think?

He'll stay in jail for as long as he was sentenced by the federal judge for violating the terms of his parole. Surely you believe that the convicted criminal should conscientiously follow the terms of his parole.

LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced the man behind “Innocence of Muslims,” the anti-Islam YouTube video that ignited bloody protests in the Muslim world, to one year in prison for violating parole.

The man, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who is also known as Mark Basseley Youssef, a name he legally adopted in 2002, appeared in Federal District Court here and pleaded guilty to four charges of violating a probation sentence imposed on him in 2010 after a bank fraud conviction. Each of his guilty pleas, worked out with prosecutors in advance, was related to his maintenance of the two identities.

In turn, the government agreed to drop four more probation violation charges, all of which pertained to Mr. Nakoula’s work on the “Innocence of Muslims.” Prosecutors had maintained that Mr. Nakoula lied to the police about the extent of his involvement in the project.

In accordance with the sentencing request by Robert Dugdale, the assistant United States attorney who prosecuted the case, Judge Christina A. Snyder ruled that Mr. Nakoula would serve one year in prison followed by four years of probation. She rejected a request for home confinement in lieu of prison from Mr. Nakoula’s lawyer, Steve Seiden, telling Mr. Nakoula that he had already “struck a deal far more favorable than he might have otherwise suffered.”

o

mrskjun wrote,

Good question lily...have you got the answers about Benghazi? Do you think we ever will? How long should the old video maker stay in jail for causing it do you think?

Ah, the dishonest Loaded Question trick. Embarrassing.

o

Oh that's right nancy, he was perp walked in front of reporters with about 20 cops because he violated his parole. Saw that.

esh, are you saying that Woodward wasn't doing his job when he wrote an article about sequestration? Or are you saying he wasn't doing his job because he said it was Obama's idea and that he kept moving the goal posts. Would it have been a better article if he had written it blaming the republicans? Do you think that Sperling making a big deal of the article with the call and the email may have made it more important that it might have otherwise been?

o

Oh that's right nancy, he was perp walked in front of reporters with about 20 cops because he violated his parole. Saw that.

Thank you for admitting that you previously posted a falsehood when you wrote that the filmmaker was "in jail for causing [the Benghazi attack]."

I continue to wonder if some of the supposed conservatives here might actually be plants whose goal is to make conservatives look embarrassingly dishonest. Certainly doing a good job of that.

o

esh, are you saying that Woodward wasn't doing his job when he wrote an article about sequestration? Or are you saying he wasn't doing his job because he said it was Obama's idea and that he kept moving the goal posts.

If he thinks that was a job worth doing ....

According to you and yours, Benghazi isn't resolved. Why not dig into that instead of this meaningless blame-game about who started the sequester. You tell, is it really worth his time to investigate that? Is the outcome going to change anything?

o

Oh for pity's sake, give it up Mrs!

Despite your cheerleaders encouragement, you made a fool of yourself and now you are making it even worse.

Stop!

o

with about 20 cops

Well, he claimed he needed protection because of death threats, and he was being escorted by the LAPD.

he violated his parole

Yes, he was on parole after serving almost 21 months in prison for bank fraud conviction in 2010. However he was already a convicted felon in the late 1990s for selling crates of a methamphetaminen ingredient.

make conservatives look embarrassingly dishonest

I think it's touching when someone who has previously written of her support for the CIA's use of torture on suspected Muslim terrorist now becomes an ardent civil libertarian due to a change in the White House.

o

Edited to remove double post

This post was edited by mylab123 on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 16:13

o

mrskjun, if you could give a top notch investigative journalist like Woodward a specific assignment, what would you give him to work on?

o

Well, I would say if you were a republican back during Watergate, you'd probably be saying exactly the same thing esh. It started out as nothing of any consequence, Nixon White House tried to squelch it in the beginning and we all know how that turned out. I'm in no way trying to equate one with the other, but trying to fetter the press for any reason goes against all we stand for doesn't it?

o

but trying to fetter the press for any reason goes against all we stand for doesn't it?

There you go with that false premise again. No one was trying to "fetter" him.

Anyway, assuming you'll never change your mind on that, if you could give him one assignment to tackle, what would it be? (I mean you weren't trying to answer my question with a question, were you?)

o

According to your link about Lanny Davis, she got some sort of 'warning', and her bosses got back to the White House and gave them an earful, and that was the last of that. I'd think it very likely that someone, not very bright, in the Admin thought they could get away with that, and found out that no, they can't.

That sounded a whole lot more believable than trying to stretch this nonsense that Woodward is trying into some kind of threat.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 17:21

You were right Mrskjun, after reading this entire thread I do regret doing it.

...and Woodward may well too in the end.

o

Darn, I guess she went to bed early. I though it would be a fun activity to imagine what things he could really be investigating.

o

I am so done with Mrs........it is impossible to have an informed, intelligent discussion with her. I used to think it was a deliberate choice on her part to get some of us going but I have come to understand that she is so deep that when you scratch the surface , you scratch the bottom.

The rest of you can knock your heads against a wall, circle the rabbit hole, but I am way done with her and a few others.

o

Lily, unlike you I don't limit my watching to one commentator or network. I don't bother with Mathews, His thrill fails to impress me, but I do listen to several liberal commentators as well as some on Fox. I don't expect you in particular to soil your little ears or eyes by watching anything except the most liberal of programming. You have been making your position clear for years. You accept anything, and I repeat anything, your precious party shoves with never a thought to question. That is why you are so easy to ignore. You slosh.

Factotem, I have no intention of taking my statements back. I wrote the truth about what I saw and heard. Until and unless Woodward himself says he faked the email, I will accept him at his word. Even then it would not affect the truth of what I say I saw and read.

I will match my reading comprehention against yours any day.

o

mrskjun, any ideas for Woodward's next investigation?

o

sleeplessinftwayne wrote,

Factotem, I have no intention of taking my statements back. I wrote the truth about what I saw and heard. Until and unless Woodward himself says he faked the email, I will accept him at his word. Even then it would not affect the truth of what I say I saw and read.

I will match my reading comprehention against yours any day.

A match you will lose in the first round.

This is very simple. You claim that you read the text of the email as provided by three different sources, and it contains the quote, "you will regret doing this".

I claim you are lying, and that either you did not actually read the text of the email anywhere, and are regurgitating what mrskjun is also flogging without checking it, or you know that the email does not contain that quote, but you are going to say that it does anyway.

Either way, I am calling you on it. All that is necessary to prove that you are correct is for you to simply post the actual text of the email from one of your sources, along with a link so it can be verified.

I say you won't -- because you can't. Because you're being dishonest.

Prove me wrong.

o

I'm confused . The text of the email is posted here. Is the assertion that the email ,as quoted here, is not the text of the original email?

o

This is getting interesting.

You will have your answers, non replies are very BIG replies.

It's getting very, VERY interesting!

o
Keith Humphreys must have seen this thread. Or a thousand others

He nails the delusional fools perfectly:

James Joyner discusses how consumers of particular conservative media outlets were shocked that President Obama was re-elected and were shocked again that Senator Hagel was confirmed as Secretary of Defense.

Bubble-supporting media presumably attracts an audience by telling them things they want to hear. But when the predictions that media makes are dramatically wrong over and over again, will the audience eventually shrink?

I know some people who humiliated themselves socially this November by bragging loudly about the coming thumping of Obama and then had to slink back to their social circles shame-faced after the election. They were set up for that fall by their consumption of bubble-support media and I would think that would make less willing to continue to consume it in future

If they didn't live in a bubble, they'd notice the phenomenon. Would that our usual suspects here would slink back into their circles to prevent further embarrassment!

o

Chase wrote,

I'm confused . The text of the email is posted here. Is the assertion that the email ,as quoted here, is not the text of the original email?

sleeplessinftwayne claims the text posted here is incorrect and that the real email contains the quote, "you will regret doing this."

o

It's because of those suspects that we often have anything to debate at all, though, depending on the issue, WxDano...

o

Sleepless, the Hannity watcher...I don't watch Matthews and get my news from every source on TV EXCEPT FOX. Remember an independent survey taken said people who watch Fox are less informed than those who watch no TV at all.

Are you saying blowhard Hannity with his High school education is a more informed source of news than Rachael Maddow , a Rhodes scholar.?

The difference between Fox and MSNBC besides IQ points in their commentators is that MSNBC many times disagrees with the administration and FOX NEVER does but overstates lies and makes up stuff. So keep on listening and quoting . I'll scroll on by the garbage and biased rhetoric.

o

Well that should be easy to determine.

o

They were set up for that fall by their consumption of bubble-support media and I would think that would make less willing to continue to consume it in future

I think the ratings and Fox recent shake-up shows some did wake up and smelled the coffee. It is a business and they survive by ratings to sell advertising. There are some that will stay in the bubble because it is what they want/need to hear.

Note,,,,, they did let Sarah Palin go bye-bye.

o

Note,,,,, they did let Sarah Palin go bye-bye.

The Hillbilly Barbie Grift business plan had run its course. Not sure that's the best metric indicating change.

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 13:28

Posted by lily316

"Sleepless, the Hannity watcher...I don't watch Matthews and get my news from every source on TV EXCEPT FOX. Remember an independent survey taken said people who watch Fox are less informed than those who watch no TV at all."---------------------Would you please give an address to this supposed survey.
I want to look at it.
Or are you just blowing smoke coming out of the buttocks of some nut-job left-wing liberal.

It would be nice if Hannity would go away but then he is the conservative equivalent of the style of any show on any channel owned by NBC.

o

Sean Hannity = Brian Williams.

Some people actually believe this.

o

I regret reading this thread -- helping it along to a well-deserved demise.

o

The actual quote in the email sent to Bob Woodward reads as follows, as posted by David, way up top of this thread.

I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim.

Does not say, as claimed by several on this thread "you will regret this".

They do not match as to being the same statement.

o

Littleone.....evidently the assertion by Sleepless is that the email, or at least the part you quoted , is not the original text of the email sent to Woodward. That should be very easy to prove.

It's the only one I've ever seen but evidently Sleepless has seen the real email . I would be very interested in seeing the alleged "real" text because if it is true that this is not the original text, and the WH has indeed altered it, then all hell will break loose .

Which of course begs the question....... if this is doctored text, and someone knows that to be true , then why hasn't all hell broken loose? I suspect because this is the accurate text.

o

If someone had yelled at me for a half-hour, and followed up with,
"I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim," I would recognize it as the coded warning it was.

o

Given as it was prefaced with an apology , I would not take it as the threat it wasn't.

o

Well, Chase, it could be taken as "the coded warning it was", if and only if.

One is totally paranoid,

one is having trouble selling his/her books and needs some publicity and attention to get those books sold.

One just likes to be the full center of attention.

and so on and so on and so on.

Take your pick, I suggest all of the above fits Woodward.

What doesn't fit, though, is the claim of threats, warnings or anything else that the OP claimed this was and Woodward jumped on.

How sad, he was once such an incredible journalist and not afraid of anything.

Now it appears he is paranoid, to say the very least.

o

You know, reading the bizarre "accounts" from the conpublicans on here, you can really understand why the House is so 7ucked up.

o

one is having trouble selling his/her books and needs some publicity and attention to get those books sold.

Bingo! It's all about making a buck.

o

Well, when all is said and done, I wonder if indeed Woodward will regret creating such a brouhaha over this affair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here