Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Obama and the Dime Bag

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 7:15

Who's coaching his speaking style he sounds more & more like Pat Robertson or Swaggart each time I hear him.
The only thing missing from the analogy was the ho.
Obama is like a dealer with a dime bag!
This guys a bigger load in the diaper tan I thought he was capable of being!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dime Bag Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obama and the Dime Bag

This is Saint orum you are speaking of, no?

o

Santorum Says Obama is A Drug Dealer Trying To Get You Hooked On Entitlements

Speaking of entitlements, does he have anything to say about the military-industrial-intelligence-prison complex?

Saint orum

I like!

o

This is rude but there's a sanatorum brown nail polish being sold on amazon

o

Saint orum I like that nickname. lol Maybe someone should publish a Saint orumism book.

First you are a drug dealer then you are too educated and you want everybody to be educated. I guess he thinks it would be just to horrible for too many of the others to be educated drug dealers.

Here is another talking point today.

Santorum called Obama "a snob" for saying every American child should be able to go to college.

"Why does Obama want everybody to go to college? So his liberal college professors can be indoctrinating people like he has," Santorum said, drawing a long ovation.

o

Meanwhile, back in Alabama someone has the right headline.

o

Today the freaking mind reformer was doing this number
"President Obama wants everyone to go to College....what a snob what" quick cut to the yahoos & yucksters.
(rim shot)
How to set up & rehearse camera shots in a run through without an audience follow the script rick follow the script!
Worse thing in the world to want everyone to have an education derrrrrrr!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ricky

o

I watched that bit on the evening news.

Thats what this country needs to create jobs: a climate-change denying, 50's era women's health, creationist politician ridiculing college education.

o

I just realized you weren't talking about BO. That was really exciting for half a minute!

o

Don't let Santorum distract you all from what's not getting done in Washington.

o

Ah sniper fire!

o

Yup! Wake up over there! That was a warning shot!

o

Heads up--bogey at 10:00!!!

o

The Pro-College Conspiracy?

Santorum-ites Also See Sinister Agenda Behind President Obama's Pro-College Push...

Ah gee Elvis I thought you might be more than ankle biter!
Ah well

o

Oh would you jist look at that....golly gee willickers!
He only wanted Pennsylvanians to get college edjumacations a stealth move by that dastardly, quasi religious, money sucker!
Here I thought he was just another loaded diaper he's so much more!
Let me count the ways...nah I haven't had my coffee yet.
I think this falls under lets try this marketing approach see what sticks to the walls, the guy flings it almost as good as some of us on this forum! Just we aren't known on Google for it! Did I tel you Amazon is selling brown nail polish under the name Santorum.

Is he waving or is he rubbing his temples because he has a kidney infection,

Here is a link that might be useful: dilema

o

Well, I prefer the nickname "Sancti-morum" or "Sancti-moron" who might also be an "elvis" impersonator on HT.

o

Never was an Elvis fan, and haven't heard the term "dime bag" in about forever... as for the on again/off again education speeches... are we sure he's talking about college? Or is it color that's got him so frazzled?

o

i think the target market was the forever movie of the week "they call it a dime bag" penny dreadful crowd!~
Flop

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 10:28

haven't heard the term "dime bag" in about forever.

Those were the days. ;)

o

"are we sure he's talking about college? Or is it color that's got him so frazzled?"

jodik
I was watching MSNBC one day and they had a good argument that many of the incidents/talking points as to how they (Republican Party) are using code.

Like the comment ...
"I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money.

"Right," responded one audience member, as another woman can be seen nodding."

When they played the speech back it sounded like he said Blaw people. He denied he said black he said he was stumbling. It was code not out and clear BLACK but he knows his audience is not the brightest bulbs on earth so he has to say the word close enough so they get what he is saying.

I started to look for that and I do think this comment falls in that code category. Of course you cannot let the slaves get a education. Look what happened "They will become "President" and take over the real America. He is "other" not one of us.

marshallz
Well, I prefer the nickname "Sancti-morum" or "Sancti-moron"

You are making my choices hard. lol

o

"Why does Obama want everybody to go to college? So his liberal college professors can be indoctrinating people like he has," Santorum said, drawing a long ovation.

Oh, it's a CONSPIRACY. Wow.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 12:29

I love people's comments after news articles, in response to a Santorum article:

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution,
Take a bow for the new Inquisition..."

o

Wonder would he be willing to run this line of crap on kyrias Joel poorest community in the nation. 40 percent of the population on food stamps.

o

That's kiryas joel, labrea. And yes, Wikipedia says they were as of 2008 census, the poorest community, with 40% on food stamps. So whose load of crap are you talking about? I doubt they're interested in anyone's load of crap.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 16:52

Is Santamonium trying to lose Mich? What's this imbicilic blaterings about going to college, did he go to one of those clown colleges? College enabled me the wisdom of not being concerned about my spelling.

***Santorium 2012***
America's First Pope

o

Vgkg, ask Lily if he went to one of those clown colleges. She's indicated that she lives in a Penn State house...

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 17:23

Sorry! No insult to Penn St intended, and esp Not to Lily...just to the clown that went there and apparently learned little.

o

Now Santorum is saying that "separation of church and state" makes him want to throw up!

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

Marquest, this has been a subject of overt and irascible contention since the nomination for candidacy... but since 'politically correct' came to town, all we've heard is that there's this river in Egypt. I had no idea how long that thing was, or how wide.

You'll find I'm often very sarcastic, but seriously... I really hadn't realized the depth of racism that still exists within this nation. I don't know... maybe I just hang with the wrong crowd... everyone.

o

That was in 2010 at a speech during a political symposium; Santorum was referring to a JFK 1960 speech. After remarking that JFK's statement that there must be an absolute separation and state, Santorum asserted that JFK chose not just to dispel fear, but to expel faith, after concerns were expressed that JFK's administration would be subject to the papacy. Santorum argued that the founding fathers were against state sponsored religion so that freedom of religion would flourish.

o

jodik
I always thought racism was in the low income, low class, uneducated population areas but from what I am hearing and seeing how things are being said it is a lot wider than I thought too.

Since we are on Santorisums this was a good one MrSaint does not give his 10% ties to the Church and Glenn Beck put him in his place. Below is what one of the responders to this article said.......

...if i ever get "put in my place" by glenn beck, i hope someone will have the courtesy to just shoot me in the head LMAO

Here is a link that might be useful: Lack of Charitable Giving

o

10% tithe. Not "ties", although I can see the connection...

o

That's kiryas joel, labrea. And yes, Wikipedia says they were as of 2008 census, the poorest community, with 40% on food stamps. So whose load of crap are you talking about? I doubt they're interested in anyone's load of crap.
Thank's for the spell check!
Santorum's load of crap on food stamps for minorities, dear heart! U need to get away from Wikipedia and Follow Failed Messiah a wonderful blog! What Politician is going to that community & willing to tell them get a job if you want food stamps. Assimilate if you want to work in these here United States.

o

10% tithe. Not "ties", although I can see the connection...

You are absolutely right. Never try to type watch the Academy Awards and eat dinner all at the same time. lol

o

Oh, great! That means that I'll have typos, too~~

o

That places you for what you are and will continue to be on this forum not a good position but play that hand anyway!
I think we got your act from the git go!
More matter less artifice!

o

Ah, yes, Marquest... selective compassion, as Maddie is fond of saying... it's that condition in which a person with way more than they will ever need in a lifetime must decide who's worthy of their charitable "giving"...

Color wasn't quite as nationally noticeable until it hit the white House...

o

Marquest "
I always thought racism was in the low income, low class, uneducated population areas but from what I am hearing and seeing how things are being said it is a lot wider than I thought too."

I find it a lot in the mid-upper socioeconomic area as well. It's just hidden/coded differently.

One example: A friend's mother was talking about the "Natives" from the "reservations" and how they don't show up for their appointments/have no sense of time/schedule. It may seem really innocent, and indeed one could take it as such, if one were not paying attention. "Sometimes they show up two days later for their appointment... and we can't take them... we have to follow our schedule, it's important".

I get her point. I'm pretty punctual. But there is an us/them division that implies "us" is better, and "us" is white.

I had to throw out a little Mark Twain on that comment.

"Nearby is an interesting ruin--the meager remains of an ancient temple--a place where human sacrifices were offered up in those old bygone days...long, long before the missionaries braved a thousand privations to come and make [the natives] permanently miserable by telling them how beautiful and how blissful a place heaven is, and how nearly impossible it is to get there; and showed the poor native how dreary a place perdition is and what unnecessarily liberal facilities there are for going to it; showed him how, in his ignorance, he had gone and fooled away all his kinsfolk to no purpose; showed him what rapture it is to work all day long for fifty cents to buy food for next day with, as compared with fishing for a pastime and lolling in the shade through eternal summer, and eating of the bounty that nobody labored to provide but Nature. How sad it is to think of the multitudes who have gone to their gaves in this beautiful island and never knew there was a hell."
- Roughing It

PS on the dime bag... I think a more up-to-date reference would be crack/crank/crystal. I was watching a show the other night... I had no idea a $20 bag could get someone high for 6-12 hours. That's REALLY a long time, IMO. Especially with delusions/hallucinations in the mix. I had to skip over the meth-mouth section, but the rest I found fascinating.

One thing to look for when considering if a house deals drugs is the oil stains out front. Houses with an inordinate amount of traffic will have excessive oil/fluid stains when compared to the rest of the neighborhood.

Just my two-dimes worth...

o

Oh by the way-Elvis you seem to need more explanations than most and I am guessing no one has told you that correcting spelling on the internet is considered to be hopelessly rude. The posters that you have corrected are being very gracious but someone needs to tell you this before some one throws it back at you. Being a terrible speller myself I am sensitive on this issue. ;)

Racism-this is my general impression of upscale and down scale racism. The racism of the poor seems to be more open hate oriented-presumably they see the object of their ire as rivals. With rich people it tends to be more of the paternal type-minorities are like children and need our help. I would prefer the hate myself but I dont speak for people of color.

o

What Politician is going to that community & willing to tell them get a job if you want food stamps. Assimilate if you want to work in these here United States.

Telling a White Religious (of the right kinds, that is) place stop smooching off the government?

That'll be the day!

o

jmc..Although I was the only member of my whole family who didn't graduated from Penn State, I'd hardly call it a clown school. Santorum graduated there and Pitt, I think. My university is recently well known for having a vending machine with the morning after pill.

The most despicable thing Santorum said he vomited at a speech about church separation from JFK . Ricky baby, you don't have the brains JFK had in his little finger nail. The chip on your shoulder is showing , son of a coal miner. It didn't look good on Nixon either. Class envy.

o

You hit it on the head Patricia... that's exactly what I was trying to say. I experience racism by rich to be paternalistic... they just can't help it, poor things... while from the poor it's that they're stupid/dangerous/out to get some of what's rightfully mine.

The hate is scary. The pity is depressing.

o

The Statement made by Al Smith during his run for the presidency did not convince the US public that a Catholic could be president. They did not believe that he could maintain a separation of Church & State. Stoked by news Reporters claiming Rome & it's Princes the Cardinals would be interfering in the laws of the land. (mnn Pause to think here, whats to think about)
Eleanor Roosevelt said it was shameful the literature that was put out against Smith.
Santorum would not be where he is today had it not been for these men paving the way & this clown wants to puke. Go ahead puke all over your sweater vest yah moron.

o

It almost seems as though Santorum has been directed to unleash his latest social conservative and anti-Obama tirades by larger powers who control the GOP.
Birth control is evil? Obama is a snob trying to make everyone a college educated liberal in his image?

And then he. says that JFK's speech made him barf? How would that ever help him with his fellow Catholics most of whom at least respect Kennedy even if they are Republicans?

If Santorum is not intentionally tanking his candidacy now, what the he11 could he be thinking?

o

Heri..he's appealing to the sheeple t-baggers who collectively have the IQ of a turnip. They think Obama is an elitist since he went to Harvard. They actually cheered when Santorum called him a snob for wanting kids to go to college. And he's doing robo calls to Dems to vote for him to stop Romney. I hope it works. I said before if PA was a cross over state, I'd vote for Santorum. It would be the classic battle..good vs evil, kind vs nasty, and this time Santorum would lose by more than the 18% when PA kicked him out. .

o

Lily, I am not the one who called Penn State a clown school -vgkg did. i came within inches of going there for undergrad.

o

There is something very weird about Santorum calling Obama a snob for wanting people to go to school for at least one year after high school.

When Daddy Santorum was working in the coal mines, I am sure that he worked his tail off to put Little Rickey through school. That's what immigrants did (I know it was important to the Italians). They worked in menial jobs so their kids wouldn't have to and would be able to go through college.

It was serious business for these people so to have Santorum pooh-pooh the notion of college really shows a great disrespect for his parents. I almost can't believe that these are his ideas and thoughts and I am more likely to believe that he is being manipulated by his money people.

o

The people Santorum is appealing to are the people that call the president a N----- who doesn't know his place.
So calling the president a snob goes a long way with them.
How dare that N----- think he is better than we are just because he went to Harvard ????

I ran errands yesterday and there were Santorum signs everywhere within the 5 miles of my house.
I only saw one Romney sign.
The part of town I was in is one of the most affluent areas in the state.

o

You mean blah people

o

The sad part about Santorum is I think he really believe what he is saying. You can understand (although it is evil) when they say things just to get elected but for someone that has the potential of becoming the leader of the free world it is scary.

Think about this....If he were to become President how can he make intelligent decisions dealing with foreign affairs. The entire world is not White Catholics.

Saying things like you do not apologize when you have troops in danger. You say what you need to say to get your people out of danger. You want to Puke because a past president spoke the truth that Church and State are separate. The man is crazy.

o

yes, he is crazy. His eyes get that crazed look when he is giving those speeches
Imagine how depressed I feel when I leave my neighborhood and see Santorum signs everywhere!!!

o

nah he claims to be religious yet he & Gingrich were served notice to kool their jets with the rhetoric of race.

Francis X. Doyle
Associate General Secretary
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (retired)

Sisters of Mercy of the Americas Institute Leadership Team:
Sisters Patricia McDermott, RSM (President) Eileen Campbell, RSM Anne Curtis, RSM Mary Pat Gavin, RSM Deborah Troillett, RSM

Sister Pat Farrell, OSF
President
Leadership Conference of Women Religious

Rev. Bryan N. Massingale
Associate Professor of Theology
Marquette University

Rev. Clete Kiley
Director for Immigration Policy
UNITE HERE

Rev. Anthony J. Pogorelc, M.Div., Ph.D.
The Catholic University of America
Institute for Policy Research & Catholic Studies

Rev. David Hollenbach, S.J.
University Chair in Human Rights and International Justice
Boston College

Sr. Patricia J. Chappell, SNDdeN
Executive Director, Pax Christi USA

Marie Dennis
Co-President, Pax Christi International

Rev. John F. Kavanaugh S.J.
Professor of Philosophy
St. Louis University

Rev. Jim Keenan, S.J.
Founders Professor in Theology
Boston College

Rev. Thomas J. Reese, S.J.
Senior Fellow
Woodstock Theological Center
Georgetown University

Sister Mary Ellen Howard
Executive Director
Cabrini Clinic, Detroit

Rev. James E. Hug, S.J.
President
Center of Concern

Sister Simone Campbell
Executive Director
NETWORK, A Catholic Social Justice Lobby

Steven Schneck
Director
Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies
The Catholic University of America

Sister Karen M. Donahue, RSM
Justice Team
Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community

Sister Mary Ann Hinsdale
Assoc. Prof. of Theology
Boston College

Tom Allio
Cleveland Diocesan Social Action Director (retired)

M. Shawn Copeland
Boston College

Sister Maria Riley, OP
Senior Advisor
Center of Concern

Todd Whitmore
Associate Professor
Department of Theology
University of Notre Dame

Terrence W. Tilley
Avery Cardinal Dulles, S.J., Professor of Catholic Theology
Chair
Theology Department
Fordham University, Bronx, NY

Michael E. Lee
Associate Professor
Theology Department

Paul Lakeland
Aloysius P. Kelley S.J. Professor of Catholic Studies
Director, Center for Catholic Studies Fairfield University

Lisa Sowle Cahill
Monan Professor of Theology
Boston College

Eric LeCompte
Board Member
Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good

Tobias Winright
Associate Professor of Theological Ethics
Saint Louis University

Christopher Pramuk
Assistant Professor of Theology
Xavier University, Cincinnati

John Sniegocki
Associate Professor of Christian Ethics
Xavier University, Cincinnati

Kathleen Maas Weigert
Carolyn Farrell, BVM Professor of Women and Leadership
Loyola University, Chicago

Daniel K. Finn
Professor of Theology and Economics
St. John�s University, Minnesota

Gerald J. Beyer
Associate Professor of Christian Social Ethics
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
Saint Joseph�s University, Philadelphia

Jeannine Hill Fletcher
Faculty Director
Dorothy Day Center for Service and Justice

Sister Mary Ann Hinsdale
Assoc. Prof. of Theology
Boston College

John Inglis
Professor and Chair
Department of Philosophy
University of Dayton

Anthony B. Smith
Associate Professor
Department of Religious Studies
University of Dayton

David O�Brien
University Professor of Faith and Culture
University of Dayton

William L. Portier
Mary Ann Spearin Chair of Catholic Theology
University of Dayton

Alex Mikulich
Research Fellow
Jesuit Social Research Institute
Loyola University, New Orleans

Susan M. Weishar
Migration Specialist
Jesuit Social Research Institute
Loyola University

Kristin Heyer
Associate Professor
Religious Studies
Santa Clara University

James Salt
Executive Director
Catholics United

Vincent Miller
Professor of Religious Studies
University of Dayton

Nancy Dallavalle
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Religious Studies
Fairfield University

James P. Bailey
Associate Professor
Department of Theology
Duquesne University

Rev. Raymond Kemp
Director
Preaching the Just Word
Woodstock Theological Center
Georgetown University

Patrick Carolan
Executive Director
Franciscan Action Network

o

Santorum is a bully. He's toned down his nastiness but his perpetual sneer when responding to the "elite" is telling. As ED said last night...what blue collar worker doesn't feel pride when they want better for their kids and work hard to make them the first member of the family to head off to college. At least that's the way it used to be back in saner times. Weren't HIS parents happy he received THREE degrees? What did they call him then..an elitist snob? I hope so bad he wins today.

o

That would be Rick 'I have three degrees' Santorum?

o

But with each outrageous statement he gets press & somehow he thinks he knows his target audience after all he reads the hostile responses on Free republic or Fox or anything else like that more & more out in the open every day.
No longer the hollywood version of It's a Wonderful Life but you know there are some mean mf's out there on both sides of the fence & if you can get yours going well!

The way we were....the way we may be & have been!
What is being played to.

o

Santorum's dad was a Clinical Psychologist and his mom a clinical nurse which means both of them went to college so he was born of Elitist snobs? They worked for the Veterans administration apparently.

o

Grandson of a coal miner gets better play.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here