Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boomberg gives Planned Parenthood $250,000

Posted by elly_nj NJ z6 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 8:04

One of the things about Mayor Bloomberg is he puts his money where his mouth is.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bloomberg donation

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boomberg gives Planned Parenthood $250,000

Why isn't he running for prez?

o

Maybe he should be running for prez...

o
RE: mberg gives Planned Parenthood $250,000

And maybe I shouldn't double post...

o

Lol!

o

Nice gesture wish he did it privately!

o

Labrea, he did this purposely since he usually does gives quietly through the Bloomberg Fdn and before that the Carnegie Fdn. This was s statement to Komen and also a challenge to others.

I have lots of problems with Bloomberg but his generosity to many NYC based org's is legendary. He does put his money where his mouth is.

o

He has given city programs - that he cut - millions of dollars in the last 10 years. In particular, arts programs.

o

Indeed Elly. My former org receives between $150 - $250K from Bloomberg each year for their (arts) programs that serve under-served communities in NYC.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here