Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saint orum's theology

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 8:11

This is what Santorum said

"The "president's agenda" is "not about you", he said. "It's not about you. It's not about your quality of life. It's not about your job.

"It's about some phony ideal, some phony theology," Santorum said to applause from the crowd. "Oh, not a theology based on the Bible, a different theology, but no less a theology.""

below is Paul Rosenberg's response

Here is a link that might be useful: hypocrisy writ large

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saint orum's theology

"The "president's agenda" is "not about you", he said. "It's not about you. It's not about your quality of life. It's not about your job.

That is true!

Read my thread about the two party kingdom and you'll realize that is all true.

Hell, just ask Nancy, she knows.

o

A reply that comes from reading and cherry picking from the OP but not reading the link.

o

From the link:

Unlike John McCain in 2008, Rick Santorum feels no obligation to set the record straight when someone speaks up at one of his meetings and slanders the president - a point that CNN's John King asked about recently, after a woman at a Florida town hall said: "I never refer to Obama as 'president' because legally he is not the president. He constantly says that our Constitution is passe and he totally ignores it; as you know he does what he darn well pleases. He is an avowed Muslim."

Santorum's response to this vomiting of lies? "I'm doing my best to try to get him out of the government, right? I am. And you're right about how he uniformly ignores the Constitution."

Not only does Santorum fail to set the record straight - unlike McCain, he's far too much of a moral coward to do that - he actually supports the woman's lying, he agrees with her, even though he's careful not to specifically echo her most incendiary lies.

Here's a little lesson in theology, Mr Santorum, not to mention common sense: You don't have to lie to bear false witness. Just slap a liar on the back and say, "Good job." Even tacit approval makes the lie your own. And when you actually encourage the liar...

I don't know if the priests ever taught you this, Rick. But my mother certainly did. She knew her theology. And she knew her phonies, too.

What a slimy worm Santorum is. Talk about a man that does not walk his faith when it is not convenient to him.

o

It's a great message. Too bad the rightwing "Christians" are incapable of reading and understanding this. And, I suppose, even if they did read it, they would attempt to kill the messenger and the medium.

o

Not only does Santorum fail to set the record straight - unlike McCain, he's far too much of a moral coward to do that - he actually supports the woman's lying, he agrees with her, even though he's careful not to specifically echo her most incendiary lies

This will be his downfall. This can be used by his opponents to make him look stupid, a liar.

I remember the lady at McCain's town hall meeting. Lowering her voice as she warned McCain that Obama was an "Ay-rab". The look on McCain's face at that moment was priceless. It was like, oh my god, how stupid can these people get? Yes, he shook his head and corrected the woman, but I think that was the moment he really lost the will to win that campaign. He was steamrolled by the Palin camp already, and realized exactly what kind of morons were supporting him.

o

Slimey worm is too kind. I remember McCain when he told that STUPID T Bagger that no, Obama was not an Arab. And I saw Santorum totally agree with the misinformation that other moron said about Obama being a Muslim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here