Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So that's the GOP strategy..

Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 8:53

To avoid a March 1 sequester, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested on Fox News Sunday that Congress save money by cutting the Affordable Care Act instead.

"Here's my belief: Let's take Obamacare and put it on the table," he said. "People are leaving the private sector because their companies can't afford to offer Obamacare. If you want to look at ways to find $1.2 trillion in savings over the next decade, let's look at Obamacare. Let's don't destroy the military and just cut blindly across the board."

The compassionate, empathetic GOP is happy to sacrifice health care for millions of Americans for their wrongheaded principles, that were, if you recall, recently rejected by millions of Americans.

It's sickening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So that's the GOP strategy..

omg..you found us out!!

o

Looks like we actually did, mrsk. And it took "little Lindsay Graham" to show your hand.

o

Yeah, we have pretended we love Obamacare all this time. We were just fooling you.

o

You know that's not what I meant, mrsk. Bottom line is that people like "little Lindsay" and those who support him would sacrifice their own mothers if it meant that they could keep even a dime from someone in need.

o

HMM, didn't SCOTUS say that "Obamacare" was constitutional and i now law?

HMM, guess that part doesn't matter to the GOP.

Must be cause "their" GOP Chief Justice sided with that Democratic President.
That makes the Chief Justice a "RINO"

Guess the GOP is trying to find another way to "skin the cat" and they are dumb enough to think they can get away with it.

They just don't get it. Rejection is tough to deal with, being a loser is even tougher, and the toughest part of all, the "gonna make him a one term president" plan just didn't work out so good for them after all.
That president one re-election and did so quite handily.

What's the new plan? Looks like it will be an attempt to be sure that President Obama's legacy as president will be nothing but a disaster, a disaster courtesy of the GOP.

Looks like the GOP is really dumb enough to believe they can do this and the people will just sit back and let them do it, let them gut the "affordable care act" and return health insurance to what it was.

Good luck with that one GOP, it just ain't gonna happen, but you can continue to dream about it.

o

He's just a nut. I would not take his ideas as "GOP strategy".

o

I would not take his ideas as "GOP strategy".

It's a GOP strategy in that it's what Republicans do when facing a primary challenge by a TPer.

o

posted by littleonefb:
"HMM, didn't SCOTUS say that "Obamacare" was constitutional and i now law?
HMM, guess that part doesn't matter to the GOP."

SCOTUS only matters to the GOP when it's deciding elections in thier favor.

Cause that's when they're acting as strict constructionists in line with the Constitution and all. Buncha activist, partisan judges the rest of the time.

o

Well, esh, then you need to tell the GOP leadership that at least some of the faithful don't support Sen. Graham.

Hopefully they won't declare you a RINO and ignore you.

We weren't fooled, mrs.

This post was edited by momj47 on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 9:55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here