Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks Chase!!!!!

Posted by Lady_Brat none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 9:11

Yes indeed, Thanks Chase. Your thread about hot, crusty, homemade bread stuck with me throughout the day yesterday. When I left work my vehicle, exercising it's own option, drove to a bakery and stopped. Of course I had to go in and buy a loaf of 5 grain bread........not homemade but will do in an emergency such as this. I then of course could not let the loaf of bread go to waste when I arrived home so it was pull out the butter, slather it on, get a huge glass of COLD milk and that was dinner.......My boys also send their thanks as they helped me indulge..........Also need to thank you for all those extra calories I now have to burn off. ;^)

And yes heri, this is a hot topic........all about HOT bread.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks Chase!!!!!

Ohhhh, I'm dying a little bit with hunger and envy, then I remember my little bit of intolerance of gluten. So make mine sprouted grain bread and I'll join you in such a meal.

o

Sounds good to me Marshall.......never tried sprouted grain bread.

o

Sweeter, a bit heavier, often with added other seeds and nuts; all kinds of choices and most without preservatives so the loaves are often found in refrigerated sections.

o

Marshall, Stop it or next thing you know I'll be sending you a thank you. Will definitely check it out.........Hope my vehicle doesn't get another wild hair this afternoon. Can only afford all those calories/fat once in a while.

o

Lady Brat--as much as I love fresh bread with Plugra, a freshly baked multigrain bread with reduced balsamic vinegar and a good olive oil, with a sprinkling of freshly cracked pepper is my idea of indulgence!

o

Oh my, I love the balsamic vinegar and a good olive oil, with a sprinkling of freshly cracked pepper also.........Just plain ole standard butter was the handiest and quickest when I got home..............besides, my boys (the four legged ones) prefer the butter........they don't care much for the vinegar and pepper. ;^)Darn it I think I hear my vehicle chanting........bakery, bakery, bakery.

o

You must have gone to the bakery, Brat, so much time has passed...

o

Too late to start bread now...bakery on the way to work tomorrow (they're closed when I get off work). The artisan breads there look so good that it's a shame to cut into them (but I will) ;D

o

You are most welcome Brat........although one must take responsibility for their own vices!

I love bread much more than I should. Heaven to me is a homemade crusty French bread and a fine quality extra virgin olive oil to dip it in.....no pepper, no balsamic just the olive oil......and a great Italian red wine.

Next to that is warm, fresh, French bread slathered in Irish butter with a hunk of extra old Canadian cheddar......

Then I wake up and it's granola and blueberries with skim milk and a probiotic capsule....... :-(

o

Panzanella made with Tuscan country bread which is a saltless bread. As much as I love it I never made it much because it's supposed to be made with old bread and the bread never lasted long enough in my house to get old! Panzanella is my favorite salad.

o

Elvis, if you preheat your oven to 350 and put an artisan loaf in uncovered, directly on the rack,for exactly five minutes ( no longer or you will have a dry bread) and then have it immediately, that is the best way to have a prebaked warmed bread according to a lovely a German woman who owns a local bakery, and it worked out for me.
Its not hot bread like fresh from baking in the oven, but it is very nice for a prebaked bread.

Maybe others in here have found different ways to nicely re warm prebaked bread without drying it out, Im open to suggestions. I've often thought of putting in a container of boiling water in the oven as it preheats in order to keep the bread moist and maybe allowing it to get a bit warmer than the five strict minutes she told me to stick to, but I don't buy it often enough to remember to ask her about it.

Im pretty sure its not such a novel and brilliant an idea that she would have not thought of it before I did, anyhow!

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 23:24

So now it's Hot and Crusty Topics.

o

I have a quick and only mildly (imo) crude comment to joke back at you but somebody is sure to reprimand me or take offense at the unladylike remark I have in mind, so I'd best pass bboy.

o

Mylab, I can see how that would work. Our local supermarket sells artisan loaves and rolls that are ready to eat. They direct you to heat at 375F for 8-10 minutes. They're very good; DH loves 'em. But--You need to fall on it with butter right away--no delay!

I'll bet your recommendation is even better--might be less expensive, too. Those rolls are $3.99 for 7 rolls...and they're not very big rolls, either :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here