Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San Diego Gambling Mayor

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 9:37

She won a Billion between 2000 & 2009 but her losses were higher OOPPS. Oh & shes a DEMOCRAT. Oh & she took the money from a Charity fund tsk tsk.

Former San Diego Mayor Maureen O’Connor took $2 million from a nonprofit foundation to feed a billion-dollar gambling habit that spanned a nine-year period, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oh mercy me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San Diego Gambling Mayor

What a bizarre story and crazy person.

Not sure what you think her party affiliation has to do with anything, I don't believe she has claimed to be more moral or ethical, or spiritual than, say, any of her opponents in recent elections. A pathetic excuse for a human.

Taking money from a charity - that is just so sad. I wonder how she justified that to herself.

o

Claiming it's the (possible) result of a brain tumor.

o

Wow. It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum one is on... corrupt is corrupt. There's no excuse for such behavior.

o

The lady obviously has some"issues".....

o

human depravity is bi-partisan.

o

"Not sure what you think her party affiliation has to do with anything,"

Democrats routinely run for political office by contrasting their compassion for the less fortunate with the greed and cold hearts of Republican opponents.

"I don't believe she has claimed to be more moral or ethical, or spiritual than, say, any of her opponents in recent elections."

Perhaps not, but the Democrat party bills itself that way. See above. She betrayed the trust of her community, as well as the very party that helped her rise to such prominence. Her party affiliation and her crime are worth noting, as it takes a special breed of hypocrite to screw your party and drain a charity at the same time.

o

Wow! I remember when I competed in a rough-water, one mile swim in Imperial Beach. She and her twin sister Mauvorneen came in first and second in their division. I think they were about 16 at the time. They both married well. What a shame.

-Ron-

o

Nik, that is quite a stretch and you may want to believe it but it simply isn't true. Her party affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is all hers to own, not anyone or anything elses.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 12:37

Actually, the Democratic Party IS more compassionate for the less fortunate compared to the greed and cold hearts of their Republican opponents. Their lack of compassion was immortalized in their recent platform, during the last election.

Their are dishonest frauds in both parties, but there are more of them in the Republican Party. Don't crow too loud.

o

Addiction is bi-partisan.

o

Addiction is bi-partisan

As is bad behavior and thievery.

o

Of course, epi, but this sounds like addictive behavior rather than criminality per se. Addicts of any kind are manipulative folks who will do literally anything to feed the addiction.
They cause wide damage to themselves, their families, and the public. She's just a different kind of "junkie" or "drunk."

o

Agree 100% Pidge. I wasn't specifically referring to her with my comment but I realize I didn't make myself clear. I'm am just so tired of hearing everything under the sun blamed on someone's choice of party, from either side.

o

Gotcha, epi. And I agree with the petty politicizing of a dreadful affliction like a gambling addiction. This woman will probably end up in jail but she is really pathetic.

o

When I list the ordained critters that raid the collections or the poor box to gamble I get Jodik & Nancy maybe Mylab. When they are Republicans the crickets never chirp, chirp.
So a well placed Dem every now & then was just the thing.

I've posted some pretty gross behavior and dastardly deeds on here. Ho Hum is the general reponse after all tax cuts, & guns are the only really hot topics.
Oh yeah Wiener we had multiple posts on HIM LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here