Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First GunPost

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 10:49

A Gun Manufacturer will no longer sell it's products to law enforcement or first responders in NY State.
One of the Subway cars I was riding in was made in Canada so no biggy!
Walther's can be imported & have been used by many police departments.!
I have no idea what we are going to do for RPG's though!

Here is a link that might be useful: nickles & dimes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First GunPost

I mentioned in an earlier thread that gun and ammo manufacturers are considering some changes and not feeding the dogs that bite them is just one of their options. Just makes common sense.

o

It's a business decision (as silly as it appears to be) as well as a great opportunity for other arms manufacturers who don't feel as threatened by sensible guns laws. I am guessing there are plenty of other companies who will step into the breach.

This post was edited by jerzeegirl on Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 11:06

o

Its the beauty of the free market system. With ecological overtones. If a manufacturer wants to voluntarily pull out of a market, then some other supplier will surely step up and fill the void. Or fill the niche, as it were.

/don't let the door hit ya

o

a few more tactical weapons manufacturers have opted to sell law enforcement only the same weapons/magazines as are available to civilians in their states. stated reasons are to prevent any possible errors of other weapons ending up in the wrong hands. A move to prevent lawsuits. More manufacturers are considering similar restrictions.

o

When Sig, Baretta, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson step up and join in, THEN I'll be impressed.

o

there are rumblings! I just talked to a upper echelon secretary at Ruger today.

o

A close friend of mine is Sig's Southwest Rep-- handles from Texas to Florida to Virginia. He said no way will Sig EVER cut off a state due to its politics, and more departments use Sig than any other weapon.

o

I think it will be the small specialty companies who build the special weapons for LE who will be more willing to curtail sales as much of their work is civilian too. That could mean LE will have to find other sources or do their own in house custom work which is unlikely. They arent lawyered up like Ruger, S&W and others/. I think the major makers are looking at some other options tho.
There are moves to curtail private sales to cps to civilian type weapons by state laws. The way it is now cops, like Dorner, can buy guns which are unavailable to the average joe, just because thay are cops.

I want a Sig AR platform. Probably would be a years wait now?

o

Don't know. I've never seen a Sig AR, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have one. Seems everyone does these days. Too bad, too-- took a terrific rifle from Colt, and watered it down, just like the 1911 .45.

o

"Colorado's largest and most profitable manufacturer of high-capacity ammunition magazines has vowed to leave the state if lawmakers pass a measure banning the devices - a move officials with the company say could cost hundreds of jobs and upward of $85 million in potential spending this year.

Magpul's threat has Democratic lawmakers scrambling to strike a balance that remains true to their goal of limiting the number of rounds a magazine can hold without frightening off businesses.

"If we're able to stay in Colorado and manufacture a product, but law-abiding citizens of the state were unable to purchase the product, customers around the state and the nation would boycott us for remaining here," said Doug Smith,

Magpul's chief operating officer. "Staying here would hurt our business."

House Bill 1224 bans individuals from possessing high-capacity ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds - an amendment earlier in the week raised this number from 10 rounds - but allows manufacturers to stay in Colorado and produce the devices. - snip -

Colorado: Home to Columbine, Platte Valley, Aurora Theatre, etc. But when it comes to jobs, well......

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 13:05

There is a company, this was in the St.Cloud paper, in St. Cloud, Minn. that makes AR 15 rifles.
They came straight out and said if the law being bandied about in St.Paul passes they will simply close their plant.
That would put another 150 out of a job.

o

They should all pull out of states with draconian laws against lawful gun owners. They should be botcotted if they dont move.
I dont know Bill but there are far better guns out there than those by Colt. Just got rid of a Delta Elite, sold to a dealer for $650, now have 1500 rounds 0f 10mm to unload. Must be the only caliber in the world ya cant sell even in this dried up ammo era!

This post was edited by fancifowl on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 11:58

o

"They should all pull out of states with draconian laws against lawful gun owners. They should be botcotted if they dont move. "

I would think that would cost a ton of money, especially for the smaller companies.

o

Well, we can always import plenty of guns from Russia, Belgium, Germany, Brazil, etc.

Bush used draconian executive orders to ban guns from China, I guess. After that flood of dirt cheap SKS rifles in the early 90's.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

now have 1500 rounds 0f 10mm to unload. Must be the only caliber in the world ya cant sell even in this dried up ammo era!

That's because .45 ACP is just as good, and a whole lot easier to come by. :-)

I dont know Bill but there are far better guns out there than those by Colt.

I've yet to fire a single AR better than the rifle I had, and I've fired more than I can count.

As for this one--
They should all pull out of states with draconian laws against lawful gun owners.

I don't know if you realise-- between Mass. and Ct., that includes most of the major manufacturers in this country-- Ruger, S&W, Colt, U.S. Repeating Arms (the old WInchester), Remington, and I'm sure I'm missing atleast one or two.

o

Yes, I know where they are, and Weatherby just took their new one to California because its a red state xcept for those odd pockets??

o

Weatherby was never the same after they moved to Germany in the 80's. HUGE difference in craftsmanship before and after. Kinda like WInchester pre and post 64.

Edited to add-- so it's no great loss.

This post was edited by bill_vincent on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 19:38

o

I collected German Weatherby's and I will say they were great guns. A lot of the wood was spectacular, the metalurgy was on top, fit and finish were great and the blueing was pretty darn nice, but but not as nice as Sako!Actually, a lot of the Jap made guns from Weatherby to Browning and some others were pretty darn good guns.

I dont know whats gonna happen, doesnt worry me much cause life goes on. I need no more gyuns and have enuff ammo to last 10 lifetimes. Tuff luck for the slackers is all I can say.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here