Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John O Brennan Confirmation hearings

Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 10:56

Any opinions on Brennan?

I think he's a war criminal and the fact that he was even nominated reflects poorly on Obama's policy and decision making.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John O Brennan Confirmation hearings

His duel approach of maximizing secrecy while maximizing transparency left me in awe.

o

Senator after Senator trying to nail him for being a blabber mouth.
I believe water boarding is torture & yes that would make him complicit.

o

Depressing beyond words.

o

Hes the guy for the job.

o

YES, this has been a depressing choice for heading the CIA, a political position and one reflecting directly on the President to which the CIA reports. Calling on a former long-time CIA analyst and spy to head the agency might be a message to the DOD and NSA that the President wants an independent voice that he trusts in that position. No matter...Brennan is complicit in war crimes via sanctioning torture.

o

I caught the part where he said he'd expressed his opposition to waterboarding, yet...there was no CIA record of anyone opposing it.

He and his ilk caused me to stop flying my American flag out of shame -- and fear. That taught me a little about how it felt to live in Nazi Germany. Any more of this 'paramilitary action' or 'temporary suspension' of rights by the CIA and I will become interested in the supposed 'government takeover' the 'gun nuts' are talking about. (How to know which are the Brown Shirts before it's too late?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here