Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More cheese

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 11:09

Andrew Sullivan is upsetting some folks wit his suggestion about the The Pope Emeritus retirement arrangements. It seems gums are flapping because Bishop Ganswein ( supposedly a looker) will spend his days in the Vatican & his nights with the Pope. Ganswein was the Popes Secretary& head of household for years. It's been a nasty rumor before!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stinky cheese

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More cheese

Some hinky stuff is going on.

o

Numerous news sources are now speaking about the potential for a shadow papacy.

o

Well... they kinda deserve the negative press they're getting, what with everything that has been exposed so far. You can't blame people for wondering, or rumors from being started and spread. The Church has brought all of this on itself.

o

It seems gums are flapping

Gums flapped about John Paul II and Cardinal Ratzinger. Erano una coppia [they were a couple] is the phrase that I heard.

o

In a religion calling for celibacy of its leaders... the hypocrisy runneth over.

o

Interesting old movie The Cardinal was on last night rather melodramatic it touched on a lot of good things from the nazis the KKK. Directed byOtto Preminger staring Tom Tryon, John Houston, Burgess Meridith,Ozzy Davis, Carol Linley it touched on the power plays the subtle forms of diplomacy & disobedience!
The movie was made in1963 & the Papal liaison for it was Joseph Ratzinger!
There's a very dramatic scene when the Arch Bishop of Vienna ignores the wishes of the Vatican & supports the Anschluss. He pays dearly when Enthusiastic Nazis Object to his there is only one fhurer Jesus & ransack his palace. Hitler broke all his promises in the concordat which abolished all catholic schools & press.

o

Holy Daddy going away for some good bonding time with his lover, then coming back to get his robes cleaned and help run the Vatican.

The slightest bit of distance and effort to ignore the slobbering network news will make it clear that he and his boy toy are coming back to hide more gay priests from prosecution.

o

Depends on who is elected! I can't imagine that the Ganswein story is true!

o

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Ironic, some are already looking for a reason to find a miracle done by Rat. so he could be declared a saint.....

o

I could care less what the sexual orientation of anyone is... it's the hypocrisy of the celibacy issue, the demonizing of homosexuality, and the pedophilia/abuse issues that have been hidden from the law and the public for so long.

If the Catholic Church would undo its adhesion to celibacy on paper, so to speak, and allow its priests, nuns, bishops, cardinals, and other clergy to marry or have relationships, and stop denying that homosexuality is a naturally occurring part of the human race, the sexual orientation of clergy or church members would not matter. More importantly, they have/had a moral/legal obligation to turn pedophile priests over to local law enforcement for prosecution, and help those victims of abuse.

But as religions seem to do, they've woven a web around themselves that they cannot keep in place. They've lied to the public, to their followers, to their clergy, and to themselves. They've covered up criminal activity with definite victims, contradicted the very scriptures they read and expect others to follow... it's all just a little too much.

o

looking for a reason to find a miracle done by Rat. so he could be declared a saint.....

Santo subito mai!

o

Yawn, such a non-story.

Of course he's gay. What other reason would a man have for entering an all-male fraternity that demands celibacy?

o

Wow such intemperate reponses it's assumed approximately 30% of the Catholic Clergy have homosexual feelings attractions.
There are men in prison who engage in sex acts with other men that wouldn't make them gay nor would rape in war or terrorist situations.
Just a polite request
There are many wonderful priest & I've known quite a few over they years I find disparaging their vocation unfortunate!

o

Priests have done a more than adequate job of disparaging their vocation, they don't need us to do it for them.

They have behaved badly, and then tried to cover it up, and this goes to the very top of the tree, it's sickening, and, sadly, it paints the decent, dedicated ones with the same brush.

Who do you trust now?

But, I ask again, why would any man join an all-male fraternity that demands celibacy, in the 21st Century? Especially in the US and Europe. It's not like there aren't other career choices now.

o

I have, too, Joe... known a few very wonderful nuns and priests. I've known a lot of great police officers, too... but that doesn't mean every one is honest and fair or morally decent, and it makes trust a very big issue... as with anything else, the bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

For me, the entire issue of religion is a questionable one, and even though I grew up a church-going Catholic, I ended up thinking quite differently as an adult and am now an atheist. The more I learn about my former religion, the more disgusted I become... and the more convinced that religions are not more than elaborate con games designed to dupe the public, and hide the criminal activities of the group involved.

For me, sexual orientation is not the issue. It's the criminal behavior, the lying, the hypocrisy, the coverups, etc...

o

It seems like a small point but i broach this with religionists also.
You may very well be gay & celibate that would be a choice if you were a cleric or not. You don't need vows to be celibate I have no idea why people do it I have met a few. I don't like to intrude into their lives and ask is it for a month a year forever.
Anyone who watches Project Runway knows Tim Gun who has been celibate for 29 years.

The use of genitals for pleasure or shame does not confer identity!
Anyway this is a digression!

o

Anyone who watches Project Runway knows Tim Gun who has been celibate for 29 years.

I've read a chapter or two from his book about his childhood and relationship with his father and mother. There are people that just aren't cut out to be parents. :(

Of course I am sure he's doing what makes him happy, but it's a shame he doesn't enjoy a relationship in all the ways that can be fulfulling (sexual relationship with someone you care about)--he has so many positive attributes and seems like a great guy.

Not touching the Catholic rumors with a 10 foot staff.

o

"You don't need vows to be celibate..."

Of course not, but when one does take them as part of being clergy within a publicly celebrated religion, one has a bit of an obligation to keep those vows, to take them more seriously than so many members of clergy seem to be doing.

And again, I don't know what sexual orientation has to do with any of it... except that religion is the thing hellbent against homosexuality as they teach from their texts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here