Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 12:10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Say Yah want a Revolution

Wow.

o

You better be careful.

The White House is going to partner with big business in a joint venture to silence radical talk on the internet, and that includes HT.

Here is a link that might be useful: What could go wrong?

o

I went to the teaparty.org site; articles from Fox and Breitbart.

They know their base!

o

The revolution I have been wanting is a velvet revolution. Needs met without any violence.

Oddly enough, (is it in the air?) I have been finishing up The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom and my son is finishing up Maus in his reading class. So we were talking about the holocaust and he said, but that could never happen ever again. And I said, yes, it could easily. And he said, but the conditions would have to be right and I said, name those conditions. Existing hatred, politically backed... does this sound familiar in any way? Try homophobia and lack of same-gender marriage... He got the picture. I hope he keeps it close enough in his heart to make sure not to back the social regressives.

o

America is too, too soft for a revolution.

Don't get your hopes up.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 12:49

Any revolution and/or hint of revolution (including a velvet revolution) will be handled by the military police state and their new "toy" .... drones.

Fear is a great motivator ... and since 9/11 fear and paranoia is a growing market.

o

Meanwhile another clutch of nit wits Tea Party Patriots apologized to Karl Rove.

The leader of the Tea Party Patriots organization issued an apology Tuesday to Karl Rove after the group sent a fundraising email with a doctored photo showing the Republican strategist in a Nazi uniform.

“We apologize to Mr. Rove,” Jenny Beth Martin, the co-founder of the group, said in a statement. “While we may have strong disagreements with him on the future of conservatism, we want to be clear this imagery is absolutely unacceptable and are working to ensure this type of mistake doesn’t happen again.”

Martin said the group “did not know about or approve” of the image before it was sent.

The leader of the Tea Party Patriots organization issued an apology Tuesday to Karl Rove after the group sent a fundraising email with a doctored photo showing the Republican strategist in a Nazi uniform.

“We apologize to Mr. Rove,” Jenny Beth Martin, the co-founder of the group, said in a statement. “While we may have strong disagreements with him on the future of conservatism, we want to be clear this imagery is absolutely unacceptable and are working to ensure this type of mistake doesn’t happen again.”

Martin said the group “did not know about or approve” of the image before it was sent.

His hat bears the totenkopf or deaths head skull & crossbones which would signify being a guardian or The Fhurer.

Bunch of flaming spincters!

o

Seems like some are obscenely obsessed with the Holocaust and using the backs of the dead to promote their fear and agenda. OM is right, since 9/11 there are no limits and seems that anything is acceptable to some.

I can’t wait to see this carp in a few years added to a museum collection of American propaganda and displayed in an exhibition exploring how certain groups hijacked a tragedy and distored the truth to use for their own devices. No different than the Nazi's themselves but frighteningly right here in America.
Creepy.

o

When the middle class finally gets squeezed dry you'll have your revolution...

o

Ditto tobr24r. Wonder how long til that happens? Not too far into the future I'd guess.

o

Once upon a time The nation howled because the hippies & the lefties were anti gubmint. It's merely flipped with corporate funded yahoos of the right & their tea creatures!

o

“We apologize to Mr. Rove,”

Where was this apology to the President when the Hitler crap first appeared?

We have seen it here on HT of reference to the President as Hitler. Nothing was said that it is wrong. It now has come full circle back to their own.

Hatred has no boundaries when it is feed. Barbarian me, myself and I, "I Built It" mentality is not a civilized society. When you are not civilized this is what you get.

o

What is worse - that they sent out a picture of Karl Rove dressed as a Nazi or they had no control over what was being sent out from their own organization?

o

A new California Field poll was released today. The number of people who identify with the Tea Party in CA has gone from 14% in 2010 to 5%. With a margin of error of 5%, the TP could conceivably have no support in California.

o

•Posted by brushworks Zone5-Ohio (My Page) on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 12:26

"You better be careful.
The White House is going to partner with big business in a joint venture to silence radical talk on the internet, and that includes HT."

Thanks for the link, Brush, this has crossed my mind many times; has defiintely influenced some postings. Wouldn't want to give BB the wrong idea.

o

Some of the posts I see on Yahoo news sites sound like Treason to me. The NRA-promoted Patriot Paranoia gets closer to 'inciting to riot'. This is a hard thing for a government to handle. Attempts to address these people will be cited as examples of the 'government takeover'. When gun controls become law...same problem.

Fareed Zakaria recently interviewed John Howard, former PM of Australia, on his country's institution of gun controls after a massacre there almost 20 years ago. There was great resistance from the most rural areas of Australia, and great support in urban ones. It would be interesting to see details of how it all came about.

o

Chisue...that was the best thing John Howard, a man with whom I seldom agreed, ever did for his country.

I posted this once before, but in the current HT climate, reckon it bears reading. An opinion article written by Howard himself in a leading national newspaper...and he was a great friend and supporter of GWB.

Here is a link that might be useful: Australia's Gun Policy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here